Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really can’t stand the phrase “hard to get”. It is not a thing. Women don’t play “hard to get”, they’re just not interested. I really don’t get why anyone plays games or tactics with dating. You’re into it or you’re not, simple as that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I really can’t stand the phrase “hard to get”. It is not a thing. Women don’t play “hard to get”, they’re just not interested. I really don’t get why anyone plays games or tactics with dating. You’re into it or you’re not, simple as that 🤷🏻‍♀️
A small amount adds to the fun. Someone offering themselves on a plate is usually why people aren’t interested.

Reactions: 6
I swipe way too fast, I keep missing people I might have actually swiped right, what’s wrong with me?! 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Im not offering myself on a plate, I just don’t see the point in playing games. It’s extremely childish.
I think the original message could have easily been misunderstood. I think playing hard to get, is playing mind games, and I agree that it is childish, but I've also been put off by people who "offer themselves on a plate" - as in, come on way too strong way too quick and start planning our future together before we've even met 🥴
I've been told before to be wary of people who are full on very quickly, as they just tend to love bomb and then ghost, and I've experienced that. Now I'm always suspicious of someone who appears very keen from the start as I'm assuming it isn't genuine! 😅 dating is HARD.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think the original message could have easily been misunderstood. I think playing hard to get, is playing mind games, and I agree that it is childish, but I've also been put off by people who "offer themselves on a plate" - as in, come on way too strong way too quick and start planning our future together before we've even met 🥴
I've been told before to be wary of people who are full on very quickly, as they just tend to love bomb and then ghost, and I've experienced that. Now I'm always suspicious of someone who appears very keen from the start as I'm assuming it isn't genuine! 😅 dating is HARD.
Oh right yeah I don’t mean people who want to get married after two messages. I just mean being upfront and to the point no messing anyone around.

Oh right yeah I don’t mean people who want to get married after two messages. I just mean being upfront and to the point no messing anyone around.
Completely agree with you, honesty is always the best policy, upfront and honest doesn't mean straight in there measuring them up for the wedding outfit! Just straightforward upfront expectations instead of fannying about 👌🏻😄

Reactions: 4
Im not offering myself on a plate, I just don’t see the point in playing games. It’s extremely childish.
It’s not playing games, it’s having fun and a bit of banter. It’s not really that deep, i wouldn’t talk to them if I wasn’t interested and I only want to sit on their face.

Reactions: 3
I've read about this, I think it's called "truth bombing". As a result of the pandemic people are less inclined to play hard to get and they're truth bombing instead (thank you DM 🤣)
Just to add I'm not there telling the poor guy I want his commitment after 2 dates, more that I'm interested and just being a bit blunt with it.

Definitely will not be asking him to marry me next week 😂. I think it's important to find out if they want something serious or just see it as a bit of fun (which is totally fine too) but I'm just wary of being messed around and thinking it's one thing when it's not.

This made me laugh - the fit of rage thing - and I think we’ve all been guilty of some hasty deletion. If you only WhatsApp’d it might not help, but you could check the text numbers on your phone bill. It’s how I’ve retrieved a number before (same number on more than one occasion) - turns out this guy was a lying, cheating hole with a gf in a different country so not worth my effort. Hope your guy is though.

Also, for those of you who were feeling annoyed at duck boys, feeling messed around or ghosted, I’ve written up a story that I remembered when a FB memory popped up this morning. It’s in the petty things you’ve done section as it’s petty AF and didn’t want to derail, but have a read if you want a laugh, or you want to be frightened by how much time and planning I was willing to put into some revenge on a time waster.
@Clickbait this was amazing!

I have a dilemma.. I saw a boy I dated a few years ago on Bumble, he moved away but I assume he has moved back. I paid for bumble premium (£15 for a weeks worth omg 😂😂) to see if he had liked me and he had. I can’t decide if I should like him back or not - I think will but just need some encouragement! I’m worried he’s swiped by accident or something haha. And then what should my opening line be!?

We had a lot of fun together but it didn’t end that well, he moved away, we argued and I accused him of messaging other girls (lol a bit psycho) but I know now we probably both had a lot of feelings we weren’t able to articulate.. We were quite young at the time.

Reactions: 8
I have a dilemma.. I saw a boy I dated a few years ago on Bumble, he moved away but I assume he has moved back. I paid for bumble premium (£15 for a weeks worth omg 😂😂) to see if he had liked me and he had. I can’t decide if I should like him back or not - I think will but just need some encouragement! I’m worried he’s swiped by accident or something haha. And then what should my opening line be!?

We had a lot of fun together but it didn’t end that well, he moved away, we argued and I accused him of messaging other girls (lol a bit psycho) but I know now we probably both had a lot of feelings we weren’t able to articulate.. We were quite young at the time.
Just go for it 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Just do it, what's the worst that could happen?

duck me! I know we've discussed it before but if I see another effing profile with, "6ft because apparently that matters", then I'm going to go postal and smash a brick through my own window!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Babe, you paid 15 quid to see if he liked you or not....I think we all know where this is going 💅🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
duck me! I know we've discussed it before but if I see another effing profile with, "6ft because apparently that matters", then I'm going to go postal and smash a brick through my own window!
I hate the way they're all acting like this is a new thing. Everyone has preferences for physical features and its been a common thing about height for years/forever

Do it!!

That and "I have a daughter who is my world" why do you HAVE to say they are your world?? Obviously you love your kids. Even worse when they say "I have a daughter but you won't be her mum, she already has one" OK Kev, I don't wanna be a mum to your little brat 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 28
On the subject of kids I actually find it really uncomfortable when kids get plastered all over dating profiles. Kind of a "oh look at me and what a doting dad I am". I think kids should be kept private (as in their photos) and not online for 10s of women to swipe on each day. You can easily make it clear you have kids without pictures of them

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Do it!!

That and "I have a daughter who is my world" why do you HAVE to say they are your world?? Obviously you love your kids. Even worse when they say "I have a daughter but you won't be her mum, she already has one" OK Kev, I don't wanna be a mum to your little brat 🙄
YESSS! This “they will always come first” yeah I get that but it’s so off putting that they straight away putting you as second best, like I don’t want to be second best at all but us girls understand you have other priority’s in ya life.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.