Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh. Plans for a second?

My Friday night date was so good. Iโ€™ve mentioned before that we dated before and in between the lockdowns but we were as close as ever. Sex was on fire too ๐Ÿ”ฅ haha.
Yeah ๐Ÿ˜„

Haha get it girl! Glad it's going well for you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Reactions: 1
Went on a date yesterday with a guy who seemed so funny and upbeat over text. He was a really nice guy in real life but actually quite dull and mundane sadly โ˜น no spark there!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm not finding any success on Hinge. 0 matches and whoever has liked me I'm just like :/ am I just too fussy?

Reactions: 3
Went on a date yesterday with a guy who seemed so funny and upbeat over text. He was a really nice guy in real life but actually quite dull and mundane sadly โ˜น no spark there!
I'm always so worried that this is how I come across on a first date ๐Ÿ™ˆ when I'm texting I've a bit of time to think up a witty response but on a first date the nerves get to me and either I clam up or witter on about ๐Ÿ’ฉ. I think that's why I'd usually give men the benefit of the doubt and go on a second date if the opportunity came up, just in case they haven't shown their best selves either on the first date ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm always so worried that this is how I come across on a first date ๐Ÿ™ˆ when I'm texting I've a bit of time to think up a witty response but on a first date the nerves get to me and either I clam up or witter on about ๐Ÿ’ฉ. I think that's why I'd usually give men the benefit of the doubt and go on a second date if the opportunity came up, just in case they haven't shown their best selves either on the first date ๐Ÿ˜„
Aww yeah no I completely agree! First dates are scary and I think if someone was quiet or shy then Iโ€™d definitely give them the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately I think this wasnโ€™t the case with this guy - he barely cracked a smile ๐Ÿ˜–

Aww yeah no I completely agree! First dates are scary and I think if someone was quiet or shy then Iโ€™d definitely give them the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately I think this wasnโ€™t the case with this guy - he barely cracked a smile ๐Ÿ˜–
Ah I hear ya. You get a gut feeling too which you have to listen to. And not smiling on a date is a big red flag.

I'm not finding any success on Hinge. 0 matches and whoever has liked me I'm just like :/ am I just too fussy?
Never. Donโ€™t ever settle. Thinking youโ€™re too fussy is showing too little self worth. I understand your thoughts but youโ€™ll end up with the two person if you think youโ€™re too fussy and ultimately be unhappy

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My adventures continue.... I have had a date on Friday night with a lovely lovely guy. Seeing him just confirmed what I thought of him. Conversation was flowing, he was funny etc. I asked him what he wanted and he said a girlfriend. He told me he liked me and that I was just as he expected. We made vague plan for the "future" for him to take me for a walk down the canals around his area... He went back to mine, he stayed. He was very affectionate (not talking sexually :) during the night and in the morning,. Then left around 10am.

We chatted a bit on Saturday then he was off for a few drinks with his mates. I texted him the next morning and he said he was really hungover as the night got a bit out of control. I was out with my friends yesterday so didn't text him much. I asked him if he would be up to meet again during the week and he said "yes just need to recover today ๐Ÿ˜ต" then he sent me a couple of selfies to show me the state of him (that wasn't a pretty sight haha).
Haven't heard from him since.

I hope I am not overthinking it. He wasn't the best with texts throughout the day before the first date but I tend to always panic and be paranoid after the first date... I also think that I want to be reassured a lot as I have been messed around a lot and I am losing all confidence I may have had before :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My adventures continue.... I have had a date on Friday night with a lovely lovely guy. Seeing him just confirmed what I thought of him. Conversation was flowing, he was funny etc. I asked him what he wanted and he said a girlfriend. He told me he liked me and that I was just as he expected. We made vague plan for the "future" for him to take me for a walk down the canals around his area... He went back to mine, he stayed. He was very affectionate (not talking sexually :) during the night and in the morning,. Then left around 10am.

We chatted a bit on Saturday then he was off for a few drinks with his mates. I texted him the next morning and he said he was really hungover as the night got a bit out of control. I was out with my friends yesterday so didn't text him much. I asked him if he would be up to meet again during the week and he said "yes just need to recover today ๐Ÿ˜ต" then he sent me a couple of selfies to show me the state of him (that wasn't a pretty sight haha).
Haven't heard from him since.

I hope I am not overthinking it. He wasn't the best with texts throughout the day before the first date but I tend to always panic and be paranoid after the first date... I also think that I want to be reassured a lot as I have been messed around a lot and I am losing all confidence I may have had before :(
I'd be exactly the same don't worry ๐Ÿ˜Š
I know most people here are againt texting first or double texting but honestly I would drop him a bright and breezy message like "hey! Hope you've managed to recover haha" and then if he doesn't reply or seems a bit off then I guess you'll know. I genuinely think sometimes we don't want to send the first text, they don't want to send the first text and it gets us nowhere ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 9
I know most people here are againt texting first or double texting but honestly I would drop him a bright and breezy message like "hey! Hope you've managed to recover haha" and then if he doesn't reply or seems a bit off then I guess you'll know. I genuinely think sometimes we don't want to send the first text, they don't want to send the first text and it gets us nowhere ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yes this is so true!! It feels like there are just so many rules to dating now. Why don't people follow their heart?
I have sent him the last text yesterday saying I just got home and was bloody freezing (yeah you bet after spending 8 hours outside a pub). He hasn't read it but has been online since. So I don't really want to insist... :unsure:

Reactions: 2
I agree with this because otherwise itโ€™ll just f with your head until he replies and if heโ€™s keen I donโ€™t think heโ€™ll care if you check in.

Just came across a guy on Bumble advertising his Twitter... itโ€™s full of complaints to companies ๐Ÿ™ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes this is so true!! It feels like there are just so many rules to dating now. Why don't people follow their heart?
I have sent him the last text yesterday saying I just got home and was bloody freezing (yeah you bet after spending 8 hours outside a pub). He hasn't read it but has been online since. So I don't really want to insist... :unsure:
Ohh ๐Ÿ˜• I hate when they do that!!

Ohh ๐Ÿ˜• I hate when they do that!!
he kept telling me on the night of the date and the next day how much of a great time he had. So would be a bit contradictory if he was going AWOL now.BUT nothing really surprises me now coming from men ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
he kept telling me on the night of the date and the next day how much of a great time he had. So would be a bit contradictory if he was going AWOL now.BUT nothing really surprises me now coming from men ๐Ÿ˜‚
I think some guys get too far ahead in their own heads and freak themselves out, then run away as a result ๐Ÿ™„

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.