Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a dilemma.. I saw a boy I dated a few years ago on Bumble, he moved away but I assume he has moved back. I paid for bumble premium (£15 for a weeks worth omg 😂😂) to see if he had liked me and he had. I can’t decide if I should like him back or not - I think will but just need some encouragement! I’m worried he’s swiped by accident or something haha. And then what should my opening line be!?

We had a lot of fun together but it didn’t end that well, he moved away, we argued and I accused him of messaging other girls (lol a bit psycho) but I know now we probably both had a lot of feelings we weren’t able to articulate.. We were quite young at the time.
So just for a different perspective. A while back when I was using Tinder I came across an ex. We hadn’t ended well either because he was a lying head, who I was pleased to see hadn’t aged well 😆 I swiped on him purely to see if he’d swiped for me which he had. He may have swiped for curiosity’s sake, or he may want to reconnect. Just prepare yourself for both options.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been texting a hinge guy who seemed decent and he initiated the idea of going for a picnic - I thought why not! He is pretty complimentary but I didn’t think much of it but he sent this last night:

“I think you're incredible, I know we haven’t met yet, but I'm pretty good at knowing what people are like.
Here is a guy who genuinely wants to get to know you. Meet you and see where it goes. Not like the other guys you've dated but they haven't treated you like you truly deserve. I just want to know you and I'm not going to change that about me”

Ladies, why have I suddenly got the ick😂😂😂
Broke things off with this guy today cos he was waaaay too intense this morning lol. I sent a (probably too) nice text saying he was great but our communication styles were very different and I hope he finds what he is looking for. He literally replied with a “👍🏻“ so I suppose that tells me all I need to know 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Broke things off with this guy today cos he was waaaay too intense this morning lol. I sent a (probably too) nice text saying he was great but our communication styles were very different and I hope he finds what he is looking for. He literally replied with a “👍🏻“ so I suppose that tells me all I need to know 😂
There’s a guy I’ve seen a few times (solely casual thing) who is like this. It’s infuriating. Obviously I think my communication is fine so clearly it’s him 🙄😂 just we don’t communicate well together for some reason. Feels like there’s forever crossed wires!

Reactions: 2
Well I am very proud of myself, I managed to go out last night and not send a drunken text 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
You pied him. What more could he say? Haha

Have to say I’m relieved. He was giving off bad vibes and his response was really passive aggressive. I bet he’s seething.

• Haha
Fun Tinder thing I spotted on Tiktok today: apparently when you first open the app, the first profile will be someone popular and goodlooking. If you swipe right on them, the next person you see, if you swipe right on them, they will be an immediate match. It seems to be true, I tried it!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Fun Tinder thing I spotted on Tiktok today: apparently when you first open the app, the first profile will be someone popular and goodlooking. If you swipe right on them, the next person you see, if you swipe right on them, they will be an immediate match. It seems to be true, I tried it!
This is interesting.. like an algorithm type of thing to keep you engaged with the app I’m guessing? 🤔

I tried it too and it worked!

Reactions: 1
Just tried the Tinder trick on Bumble and it didn’t work 👎🏻

I had heard before that Tinder shows you the people that have liked you/the popular people first, so it’s interesting to know that that’s how it actually works!

Reactions: 2
Every time I “cool things off” I’m busy I’ve barely been on my phone.... yeah that’s why WhatsApp says you were online. Do these pricks really think we are stupid!

• Haha
I met the guy I've been texting for a couple of weeks today! It went well and I am so happy 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Love Fraud on Prime, really good if a little slow. About a sociopath who swindled many women in the US for money through love bombing and manipulation.

I met the guy I've been texting for a couple of weeks today! It went well and I am so happy 🙈
Ooh. Plans for a second?

My Friday night date was so good. I’ve mentioned before that we dated before and in between the lockdowns but we were as close as ever. Sex was on fire too 🔥 haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.