Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My adventures continue.... I have had a date on Friday night with a lovely lovely guy. Seeing him just confirmed what I thought of him. Conversation was flowing, he was funny etc. I asked him what he wanted and he said a girlfriend. He told me he liked me and that I was just as he expected. We made vague plan for the "future" for him to take me for a walk down the canals around his area... He went back to mine, he stayed. He was very affectionate (not talking sexually :) during the night and in the morning,. Then left around 10am.

We chatted a bit on Saturday then he was off for a few drinks with his mates. I texted him the next morning and he said he was really hungover as the night got a bit out of control. I was out with my friends yesterday so didn't text him much. I asked him if he would be up to meet again during the week and he said "yes just need to recover today 😵" then he sent me a couple of selfies to show me the state of him (that wasn't a pretty sight haha).
Haven't heard from him since.

I hope I am not overthinking it. He wasn't the best with texts throughout the day before the first date but I tend to always panic and be paranoid after the first date... I also think that I want to be reassured a lot as I have been messed around a lot and I am losing all confidence I may have had before :(
Try not to worry.. It could just be the hangover and the bank holiday weekend. I would leave him to make the next move and let him ask to see you. Don’t text him again until he does.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think some guys get too far ahead in their own heads and freak themselves out, then run away as a result 🙄
Oh if he does this, he is officially a POS

Try not to worry.. It could just be the hangover and the bank holiday weekend. I would leave him to make the next move and let him ask to see you. Don’t text him again until he does.
He just texted me saying he feels better and needed the lie in! And he hoped I have warmed up by now. :)

Reactions: 11
I think some guys get too far ahead in their own heads and freak themselves out, then run away as a result 🙄
I find this behaviour by men so so bizarre.

I had this with who was texting and two phone calls tell me we have good chat and vibes and that he can’t wait to meet me thinks I could be the dream gf (eye roll 🙄)

I Asked about locking a day in to meet and his reply was that he was not really sure if he’s on (which means up for) meeting me anymore 👀

hows everyone’s bank holiday been? I posted a story of me being out (wholesome, literally in a dress with tights and boots) and alll the tinder boys came out 🤢 one message reply to my story to say he’s sorry? because he didn’t reply to my text (3 months ago) and that he thinks He could be my Prince Charming and before it happens there’s always some kind of doubt and journey.. absolutely delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I had this with who was texting and two phone calls tell me we have good chat and vibes and that he can’t wait to meet me thinks I could be the dream gf (eye roll 🙄)

I Asked about locking a day in to meet and his reply was that he was not really sure if he’s on (which means up for) meeting me anymore 👀

hows everyone’s bank holiday been? I posted a story of me being out (wholesome, literally in a dress with tights and boots) and alll the tinder boys came out 🤢 one message reply to my story to say he’s sorry? because he didn’t reply to my text (3 months ago) and that he thinks He could be my Prince Charming and before it happens there’s always some kind of doubt and journey.. absolutely delusional.
Why do they need to be so cringe? 😂 😂

Reactions: 2

I Asked about locking a day in to meet and his reply was that he was not really sure if he’s on (which means up for) meeting me
Ah it's so bizarre! And then they say we're the crazy ones! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have the screenshot but missed the time to edit lol. We moved from ig back to WhatsApp and he said he a bunch of other stuff I didn’t care about like his sick tortoise 🐢
He then kept saying how he could be the man of my dreams so I just said lol man or my dreams wouldn’t leave me on read (I’m proper sarcastic) I’ve left him on read now but will be blocked if he sends me another. For bants though I’d like to know just want disney film and character he thinks he’ll be 🤪
1EB041C4-CD5A-4BE2-915B-5E658A65ACE4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
My adventures continue.... I have had a date on Friday night with a lovely lovely guy. Seeing him just confirmed what I thought of him. Conversation was flowing, he was funny etc. I asked him what he wanted and he said a girlfriend. He told me he liked me and that I was just as he expected. We made vague plan for the "future" for him to take me for a walk down the canals around his area... He went back to mine, he stayed. He was very affectionate (not talking sexually :) during the night and in the morning,. Then left around 10am.

We chatted a bit on Saturday then he was off for a few drinks with his mates. I texted him the next morning and he said he was really hungover as the night got a bit out of control. I was out with my friends yesterday so didn't text him much. I asked him if he would be up to meet again during the week and he said "yes just need to recover today 😵" then he sent me a couple of selfies to show me the state of him (that wasn't a pretty sight haha).
Haven't heard from him since.

I hope I am not overthinking it. He wasn't the best with texts throughout the day before the first date but I tend to always panic and be paranoid after the first date... I also think that I want to be reassured a lot as I have been messed around a lot and I am losing all confidence I may have had before :(
Lol just out of interest does this guys name begin with a D and from London? His text response and plan for a canal walk sounds v similar ahaha

• Wow
I have the screenshot but missed the time to edit lol. We moved from ig back to WhatsApp and he said he a bunch of other stuff I didn’t care about like his sick tortoise 🐢
He then kept saying how he could be the man of my dreams so I just said lol man or my dreams wouldn’t leave me on read (I’m proper sarcastic) I’ve left him on read now but will be blocked if he sends me another. For bants though I’d like to know just want disney film and character he thinks he’ll be 🤪
View attachment 557581
Eww to any guy talking about Disney princesses 🤢 do they think thats the sort of thing we want to hear? 😂

Reactions: 8
Eww to any guy talking about Disney princesses 🤢 do they think thats the sort of thing we want to hear? 😂
Honestly he must think I’m sat at home watching Disney channel hoping ill
Kiss a frog who’ll turn into a Prince aka him. I’m ok thanks 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
View attachment 557581
I could not be arsed with men like this 😂

Lol just out of interest does this guys name begin with a D and from London? His text response and plan for a canal walk sounds v similar ahaha

His name begins with a D but he is from the West Midlands and lived there all his life.
What's your story with this D guy? I want to hear now!

Ah it's so bizarre! And then they say we're the crazy ones! 😆
It’s so so weird. I was so annoyed because I was really really considering this guy proper deep voice, had good chat on the phone, a bit “common” but I kinda liked it lol buttt His teeth were like this from turkeys finest dentist lol. I was just frazzled he went from all that to not even wanting to meet in person! so bizarre these men are!

@leapricot phewww! however if it was the same guy you both could have become besties haha

• Haha
@leapricot phewww! however if it was the same guy you both could have become besties haha
Hang on, hang on, maybe we have a compulsive liar who tells a different story about his life to all the different girls he meets haha!
Although I would highly doubt this as he seems very settled in the area he lives in.

• Haha
His name begins with a D but he is from the West Midlands and lived there all his life.
What's your story with this D guy? I want to hear now!
*breathes sigh of relief* hahaha. If we were dating the same man we could have set this thread alit though haha.

Well my story is I recently broke up with my boyfriend and decided to give hinge a go, actually got quite lucky with the app and met someone great within my first few days on there. That person is D from London. He’s kind, educated, good corporate job (£££), tall, we have amazing chemistry and he plans really thoughtful dates. Been dating for a few months now, nothing crazy to report other than the fact that I’m starting to get the feeling that he’s a commitment phobe. We act like we are in a relationship but he still wants to “take it slow”.

My friend warned me of this, she said that the “high value men” on hinge are only on there cause they hate commitment. And unfortunately I think I’ve fallen for one 🤡

Reactions: 4
It’s so so weird. I was so annoyed because I was really really considering this guy proper deep voice, had good chat on the phone, a bit “common” but I kinda liked it lol buttt His teeth were like this from turkeys finest dentist lol. I was just frazzled he went from all that to not even wanting to meet in person! so bizarre these men are!

Cannot deal with those teeth! An immediate swipe left as soon as I see them. Also pretty boys and those lads with short trousers and no socks 🤢 Boy, bye!

*breathes sigh of relief* hahaha. If we were dating the same man we could have set this thread alit though haha.

Well my story is I recently broke up with my boyfriend and decided to give hinge a go, actually got quite lucky with the app and met someone great within my first few days on there. That person is D from London. He’s kind, educated, good corporate job (£££), tall, we have amazing chemistry and he plans really thoughtful dates. Been dating for a few months now, nothing crazy to report other than the fact that I’m starting to get the feeling that he’s a commitment phobe. We act like we are in a relationship but he still wants to “take it slow”.

My friend warned me of this, she said that the “high value men” on hinge are only on there cause they hate commitment. And unfortunately I think I’ve fallen for one 🤡
OMG imagine this hahaha!
Commitment issue seems like a recurring pattern coming from men. They must like their single life too much but with a bit of perks on the side (us). This is not how it works.

Hang on, hang on, maybe we have a compulsive liar who tells a different story about his life to all the different girls he meets haha!
Although I would highly doubt this as he seems very settled in the area he lives in.
Well my lad is originally from west mid and travels there to see family. 👀

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.