Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get it buttttttttttttt I don’t think I want to either tbh. Straight in the 🗑

Also loving these successful date stories 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Gang has anyone ever been told these lines
“I just think we're quite different people”
“I ain’t (am not lol) looking to break your heart”
“i'm not sure whether I'm looking for anything serious”
“You’re a lovely girl”

Because where do they pick them from? How do they decide this if you’ve never met?
Quite easy to go off a vibe and have these opinions.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been lurking on this thread for the longest time and absolutely love it. Today I finally felt ready to get involved and downloaded bumble (Do you guys think Bumble is the best option apps wise? I’m 26 if that matters) and I got as far as uploading pictures before I realised I have NO pictures of myself apart from selfies, it’s not that I don’t do anything I’ve just never stopped to take a photo or have someone take a photo of me whilst I’m out? I think I’d find a guys profile with only selfies really off putting, what photos do you guys have/think work best??? Thank you for any advice in advance and carry on making me giggle on my lunch breaks!

I’ve been lurking on this thread for the longest time and absolutely love it. Today I finally felt ready to get involved and downloaded bumble (Do you guys think Bumble is the best option apps wise? I’m 26 if that matters) and I got as far as uploading pictures before I realised I have NO pictures of myself apart from selfies, it’s not that I don’t do anything I’ve just never stopped to take a photo or have someone take a photo of me whilst I’m out? I think I’d find a guys profile with only selfies really off putting, what photos do you guys have/think work best??? Thank you for any advice in advance and carry on making me giggle on my lunch breaks!
I was on bumble and just had selfies. Got dates from it so 🤷

FWIW I don't think guys think about those things as much as women do

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We've been in some sort of lockdown for the last year so if they want recent pics then they'll have to make do with selfies IMO. 😄 Also, I'd personally prefer selfies to group pics and having to try figure out which one I'm actually matching with. My advice would be not to over think it, take some great pics and get them up there! Best of luck 😊

• Heart
We've been in some sort of lockdown for the last year so if they want recent pics then they'll have to make do with selfies IMO. 😄 Also, I'd personally prefer selfies to group pics and having to try figure out which one I'm actually matching with. My advice would be not to over think it, take some great pics and get them up there! Best of luck 😊
Ive defo been over thinking! Google has been telling me the best photos are ones showing you doing your activities and hobbies - well my hobbies are tattle and Netflix. Thanks ladies 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello everyone!! New to the thread, I have been back on dating apps since the beginning of April and so far, so good!
I met a really nice guy, 4 years younger than me (!) which is totally unsusual for me, and it's going well but we are both shy so it's going very slowly (4 dates, 2 kiss).
I have a history of codependency, and never been in a successul relationship (at 29, the most i have been in a couple is 3 months).
The few times I considered myself to have fallen in love it was very intense, like "soulmate", butterfly, completely "high on love" kind of intensity, which always crashed.
This time with the nice guy I like, I don't feel any of that so my instinct is to think "it's not going to happen, perhaps it can't work", but my sister said to me, that's actually positive, all the rest is big red flags for intense, codependant, failed relationships). The kiss was fine but nothing "crazy", but I do think the guy looks good and is incredibly nice, we talk for hours everytime we saw each other (4/6 hours date).

I really want advices and other people's opinions on this feeling. What do you think?
If you have good conversation, he's nice and he looks good to you, then why not?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Why are men such a weird race of humans?! I’m texting a guy and have been for a while, we know each other IRL and we have good banter. He texts me first 99.9% of the time, we’ll be mid convo, he is asking questions - I answer them and ask him something and he just doesn’t reply?? I don’t know why it bothers me so much because I don’t really like him and tbh I just of text him because I’m not texting anyone else but it does my head in so much

Reactions: 8
Why are men such a weird race of humans?! I’m texting a guy and have been for a while, we know each other IRL and we have good banter. He texts me first 99.9% of the time, we’ll be mid convo, he is asking questions - I answer them and ask him something and he just doesn’t reply?? I don’t know why it bothers me so much because I don’t really like him and tbh I just of text him because I’m not texting anyone else but it does my head in so much
Is it at certain times he does it?

Ah that does my head in, especially if they've been online. I honestly think a lot of it is mind games.

The guy im seeing always started the conversations, I responded, then he replied back like hours later. Does my nut in. He only stopped when I told him I found it disrespectful.

Hahaha, something I want to know is how soon do you all wait to erm get busy 😝
I've never been in a relationship, so I when I meet guys it's for one thing, I'll give you a clue, it's not their first leg and it's not their second leg. 🍆

I once met a guy from Fab. His profile said he was 45, which is waaay much older than what I was looking for but he looked ok in his pics. He got to my house, he looked about 75! 🤢 I couldn't go through with it. I made an excuse and I chose a really obvious excuse because I was kind of angry that he'd lied to me, so I wasn't really worried about offending him.

I met another guy who came over and I was performing an act on him and I'd just eaten a big meal, so I will leave it to your imagination what was happening. I asked him if I minded if it got messy as I wanted to carry on and he said he didn't mind so I carried on doing what I was doing to him and his jeans got messy. He got really angry and said "I didn't mean do it on my ******* jeans." His Jeans were literally below my mouth, so what did he expect would happen? He stormed off out of my house and he's not been back since. :(

Most guys are great though. I've met some fun, adventurous and lovely guys. I'm not here to slate all men. I love men.

Some things that niggle at me though are guys with no profile pictures asking if I have any pics when I clearly have a profile picture and they don't. And men who offer to send me a picture and I say yes please and they then ask me to send them one first. To me that is like presenting a gift to someone holding it out and saying you're not going to hand it over unless you give them a gift first. Seems like a con to me.

I also see some other women treat men like dirt and that really angers me. Respect works both ways.

• Haha
Is it at certain times he does it?
We mainly text on an evening so it’s then, but i wouldn’t be bothered if he was out or if I was out, it’s when I know we’re both in the house and he has been online. I am stupid for being annoyed with it because it’s only casual and if we weren’t in lockdown (or could actually go and strike up conversation with people when we are allowed in beer gardens haha) I would just ignore his texts 😂 but I just don’t understand why guys cant respect you even if it just casual?

We mainly text on an evening so it’s then, but i wouldn’t be bothered if he was out or if I was out, it’s when I know we’re both in the house and he has been online. I am stupid for being annoyed with it because it’s only casual and if we weren’t in lockdown (or could actually go and strike up conversation with people when we are allowed in beer gardens haha) I would just ignore his texts 😂 but I just don’t understand why guys cant respect you even if it just casual?
Hmm.. They can still be busy at home or pop out/have mates around. Sometimes my lad mates do it and when they pop up they’ve been doing the most boring tit in their garden or on their car that you can imagine haha.
The not replying for hours thing doesn’t bother me either as I can be bad for it.

I've never been in a relationship, so I when I meet guys it's for one thing, I'll give you a clue, it's not their first leg and it's not their second leg. 🍆

I once met a guy from Fab. His profile said he was 45, which is waaay much older than what I was looking for but he looked ok in his pics. He got to my house, he looked about 75! 🤢 I couldn't go through with it. I made an excuse and I chose a really obvious excuse because I was kind of angry that he'd lied to me, so I wasn't really worried about offending him.

I met another guy who came over and I was performing an act on him and I'd just eaten a big meal, so I will leave it to your imagination what was happening. I asked him if I minded if it got messy as I wanted to carry on and he said he didn't mind so I carried on doing what I was doing to him and his jeans got messy. He got really angry and said "I didn't mean do it on my ******* jeans." His Jeans were literally below my mouth, so what did he expect would happen? He stormed off out of my house and he's not been back since. :(

Most guys are great though. I've met some fun, adventurous and lovely guys. I'm not here to slate all men. I love men.

Some things that niggle at me though are guys with no profile pictures asking if I have any pics when I clearly have a profile picture and they don't. And men who offer to send me a picture and I say yes please and they then ask me to send them one first. To me that is like presenting a gift to someone holding it out and saying you're not going to hand it over unless you give them a gift first. Seems like a con to me.

I also see some other women treat men like dirt and that really angers me. Respect works both ways.
Eek. Maybe don’t let them come to your house the first time you meet? Doesn’t sound safe.

Reactions: 12
Eek. Maybe don’t let them come to your house the first time you meet? Doesn’t sound safe.
Funny you should say that. I had one guy arrange to come over one night. He said he was here, I went outside to look and there he was in his car just sat there. I messaged him to come in, he said he couldn't see me, even though I was waving. I live on a street that you can do a loop around and he just kept driving around the loop pretending not to see me. At one point he drove straight past me and never looked. His face was emotionless. It almost seemed like he was a ghost. He was adamant he couldnt see me. It really creeped me out. This was late at night, around 2 am and a quiet street, so he obviously did see me!

• Wow
Hmm.. They can still be busy at home or pop out/have mates around. Sometimes my lad mates do it and when they pop up they’ve been doing the most boring tit in their garden or on their car that you can imagine haha.
The not replying for hours thing doesn’t bother me either as I can be bad for it.

Oh it’s not hours, we’re talking days or over a week sometimes 😂 and it’s not like the convo has fizzled out and he naturally stops texting because obviously that happens which is fine, it’s literally we’ll be texting back and forth and literally in the middle of a convo and he just doesn’t reply. And then like a week later he’ll be like hi what you doing and then the whole thing happens again 😂 hes clearly just not that into me which is fine, I wish he just wouldn’t text me in the first place and disrupt my aura hahaha

• Wow
Went on a dinner/drinks date with a guy that I'd been on a few dog walks with on Sunday night. Get along really well, same sense of humour etc. Only issue was he kept forcing himself on me 'for a kiss' which was literally sucking my face off in the middle of the street :sick: I don't know whether to put it down to nerves and see him again, or just put him in the bin!

• Sick
  • Haha
Funny you should say that. I had one guy arrange to come over one night. He said he was here, I went outside to look and there he was in his car just sat there. I messaged him to come in, he said he couldn't see me, even though I was waving. I live on a street that you can do a loop around and he just kept driving around the loop pretending not to see me. At one point he drove straight past me and never looked. His face was emotionless. It almost seemed like he was a ghost. He was adamant he couldnt see me. It really creeped me out. This was late at night, around 2 am and a quiet street, so he obviously did see me!
Sounds like a lucky escape if you ask me, what happened afterwards? (Like the next couple of days after?)

Sounds like a lucky escape if you ask me, what happened afterwards? (Like the next couple of days after?)
Nothing at all. I was on edge a little that night, but I never heard from him afterwards. It's as though it never happened. Bizzare!

Reactions: 2
Been texting with a guy who seems genuinely normal and interested (a good start 😂) and he asked if I want to meet next weekend for food and drinks 🍻
We were texting on Sunday night and he said if I can let him know which day is best on the weekend, he will book somewhere. I said I will let him know the next day and we carried on chatting. He stopped replying and this was okay as he mentioned he was at the pub with friends.

But then he never replied all day yesterday - I sent another text just to let him know Saturday works best for me - and he hasn’t even read it? And I’ve seen him online multiple times? Am I about to be ghosted lol🤯🤯

Went on a dinner/drinks date with a guy that I'd been on a few dog walks with on Sunday night. Get along really well, same sense of humour etc. Only issue was he kept forcing himself on me 'for a kiss' which was literally sucking my face off in the middle of the street :sick: I don't know whether to put it down to nerves and see him again, or just put him in the bin!
Oh god! This would turn me off completely but that’s just me 😂 was he tipsy? Because that’s probably the only excuse I’d maybe let off haha

Reactions: 5
Been texting with a guy who seems genuinely normal and interested (a good start 😂) and he asked if I want to meet next weekend for food and drinks 🍻
We were texting on Sunday night and he said if I can let him know which day is best on the weekend, he will book somewhere. I said I will let him know the next day and we carried on chatting. He stopped replying and this was okay as he mentioned he was at the pub with friends.

But then he never replied all day yesterday - I sent another text just to let him know Saturday works best for me - and he hasn’t even read it? And I’ve seen him online multiple times? Am I about to be ghosted lol🤯🤯

Oh god! This would turn me off completely but that’s just me 😂 was he tipsy? Because that’s probably the only excuse I’d maybe let off haha
Omg yes you are being ghosted WHYYYYY DO THEY DO THIS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.