Dating app Icks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Please don’t be mental”
Seriously…why would anyone write this on their profile?!

I’m starting to despair! I rejoined Tinder yesterday, and suffice it to say that nothing has changed!!! The only positive is that I’m getting lots of material for this thread 😬.

My ex-boyfriend has a profile on it. Actually, the other positive to rejoining Tinder was my lack of stomach flips when I saw his pictures and bio. It’s proof that recovery from limerence is possible. Blocking, deleting and riding the waves of misery and upset works eventually. Of the six photos he had posted of himself, I had seen four of them already as they were selfies he had sent me when we were together.

Reactions: 19
“Please don’t be mental”
Seriously…why would anyone write this on their profile?!

I’m starting to despair! I rejoined Tinder yesterday, and suffice it to say that nothing has changed!!! The only positive is that I’m getting lots of material for this thread 😬.

My ex-boyfriend has a profile on it. Actually, the other positive to rejoining Tinder was my lack of stomach flips when I saw his pictures and bio. It’s proof that recovery from limerence is possible. Blocking, deleting and riding the waves of misery and upset works eventually. Of the six photos he had posted of himself, I had seen four of them already as they were selfies he had sent me when we were together.
Passive aggressive bios that are clearly digs at previous dates/partners are very icky.

“No messers” 🤣🤣 5 of his 6 photos were selfies of him leaning to one side.
IMG_7349.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Passive aggressive bios that are clearly digs at previous dates/partners are very icky.

“No messers” 🤣🤣 5 of his 6 photos were selfies of him leaning to one side.
View attachment 2407620
god this one is like a bingo of icks!

needlessly aggressive ✅
“apparently important” mention of height ✅
weird dig at social media girls ✅
shape of body over shape of heart 🤢✅
please be able to actually converse from a profile that gives you nothing to converse about ✅

• Haha
Reactions: 20
When my mate tries to push me into online dating yet again I’ll be showing her screenshots from this thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
“Looking for someone who isnt afraid to put on a pair of wellies”

Is this code for something kinky?! 🤣
---
Here’s another…
“I’m an open book”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
“I’m big on consent”
What a weird thing to write. Ick.
Does he want an award? Consent is the bare minimum otherwise you’re just a sexual predator.
---
I think anything men write that’s clearly trying to signal what a big male feminist they are is an ick. It always comes across as manipulative and disingenuous.
Just came across a guy who listed “smashing the patriarchy” as one of his interests 🙃 Of course he looked creepy as anything.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
My dating ick is when guys constantly spam you with messages .
Like i don’t need ten notifications that John-00 has sent me a message which probably contains a single sentence that doesn’t make sense

Reactions: 3
No ‘hairs or Grace’s’ 🤣
There’s a lot to unpack in just those three words.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.