Dating app Icks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's just for the purposes of this example say I'm a basic witch fiat 500 girl obsessed with doing my hair and makeup and getting my Starbucks and my dating profile reflects this...I'm not saying opposites can't ever attract but my biggest annoyance has got to be men who are a total polar opposite to me (let's say a good 15/20 years older, maybe a greebo rocker looking type, who attends pagan rituals and thinks washing and grooming is confirming to unnecessary societal rules) then proceeds to send me a like....???!!??

Like sir, use your brain.

I've no problem with anyone living life however they choose but when we're clearly so completely different we'd struggle to keep conversation going for a 10 minute chat, let alone be able to committ to a romantic relationship what's the point in swiping? 😂😂😂
Is this why when I used apps a few years ago and used to swipe on emo and rocker guys, hardly any of them would swipe back?

I’m extremely conventional and mainstream-looking, even if my personality isn’t 🤣
Why is there a tit load of men under 6’ on the apps. Sometimes I lower my age preference to 5’11/5’10 to see who has liked me and this guy was attractive, but his bio was off putting. Mentioning sex TWICE!

View attachment 2712617View attachment 2712618
Not many people are over 6ft. And many men on apps who claim they are are lying.

If you want to widen your dating pool and find more men, would you be open to lowering your height requirements?

I’m tall and I’m open to dating men shorter than me, otherwise my dating pool wouldn’t be big at all. It’s a numbers game, the wider your dating pool, the more chance you have of finding someone.

Btw that guy is gross for mentioning sex (and the comment about literally confining people to boxes, wtf?). And funny how in the “About Me” section, he talks about what he wants, rather than providing information on himself.

Reactions: 3
💯

Some of the bios are giving sex pest. I'm not a prude but the idea of someone pestering me for sex all the time is such an ick.
I wonder if the men themselves realise how repulsive they sound, when they talk about wanting sex, before they've even met anyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This thread is hilarious! I’m not single anymore but when I was I swear the dating pool wasn’t THIS bad!
The biggest icks I had was this one guy I kinda liked at first, but he posted this selfie of him sticking his tongue out like it’s “cheeky” and it still turns my stomach a bit thinking about it, he was like 31-32 years old.
Another guy I spoke to briefly was just unnecessarily rude and when I pulled him up on it he gave me the whole “oh you’re so sensitive” shite.
Admittedly I also tried a paid website (thinking the men there might be a little bit more serious) but I can confirm that pretty much all the men I’d seen on there..I’d also seen on Tinder.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Admittedly I also tried a paid website (thinking the men there might be a little bit more serious) but I can confirm that pretty much all the men I’d seen on there..I’d also seen on Tinder.
I think the paid sites are worse, because the men on there feel they are entitled to your attention and dates with you, because they've paid money to be there.

• Sick
I think the paid sites are worse, because the men on there feel they are entitled to your attention and dates with you, because they've paid money to be there.
Yes, like they’re a better class of creep so we should be grateful they chose us 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also, iirc the site I was on, you could set your preferences but men outside of those preferences could still message you. I was late 20’s getting messages on there from mid-60 year olds asking to take me out, I didn’t even bother to reply and swiftly cancelled my membership 😂

• Wow
Also, iirc the site I was on, you could set your preferences but men outside of those preferences could still message you. I was late 20’s getting messages on there from mid-60 year olds asking to take me out, I didn’t even bother to reply and swiftly cancelled my membership 😂
That was my experience too, gross men who were old enough to be my father messaging me. As if they would ever have the guts to approach me in real life!

At least on the apps, you can control who you match with and who messages you.

Urgh! A comment about my smile to my breasts. Completely unwarranted and to justify his behaviour is even worse! At no point did I hint towards wanting dirty talk 🤢 This one is a teacher 🙄

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Urgh! A comment about my smile to my breasts. Completely unwarranted and to justify his behaviour is even worse! At no point did I hint towards wanting dirty talk 🤢 This one is a teacher 🙄
You're looking to date. That's what he thinks the hint was. You're open to dating so you must want smut from strange men.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.