Dating app Icks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my biggest icks is when you match with someone and they immediately ask for your number or socials or ask you on a date. Personally I like to get to know someone before bothering to doll myself up for a date- which brings me to another ick which is when you’ve planned to go out for a meal or something so you get all dressed up and he turns up in a T-shirt and jeans. I once spent a ridiculous amount of time on my hair and makeup to meet a guy for lunch, only for him to turn up in his secondary school leavers hoodie that had food down it.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
What was that? He's got a squillion Insta followers and a blue tick but I can't see what he actually does? Just play ballads in the background while gurning at the camera like he's a teenage girl in 1997?
One of my mates sent it to me and said ‘thank me later’. Erm nope.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Apologies in advance for this, but this absolute beast liked me yesterday and I still feel ill today so you all need to feel my pain…

IMG_7444.jpeg

all 6 of his pics he had this black tooth, there’s even an old pic of him from like 10years ago and it was grey then so why can’t he just get it removed in ten years 😩🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Apologies in advance for this, but this absolute beast liked me yesterday and I still feel ill today so you all need to feel my pain…

View attachment 2687997

all 6 of his pics he had this black tooth, there’s even an old pic of him from like 10years ago and it was grey then so why can’t he just get it removed in ten years 😩🤮
Oh dear God. You can buy tooth paint if you can’t afford dental care. Ugh.

View attachment 2687997

This made my teeth itch. Lol
---
I have to tell myself that weird repeat likers are just swiping right on everyone, rather than it somehow being me attracting them all. That's what I hope at least! 😯

There was another guy… good looking etc but not my type (wore camel wool coats, roll neck jumpers and skinny jeans) who kept swiping me, but I never swiped back. I finally swiped to match with him last night and he’s unmatched me this evening.
I’m not going to lie, that has hurt my ego a little bit 🙃

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
This made my teeth itch. Lol
---

There was another guy… good looking etc but not my type (wore camel wool coats, roll neck jumpers and skinny jeans) who kept swiping me, but I never swiped back. I finally swiped to match with him last night and he’s unmatched me this evening.
I’m not going to lie, that has hurt my ego a little bit 🙃
why do men do this? I want to give out about something for a second. when I was using the apps I had guys who bullied me in school superliking me and I would match with them to see what would happen or what they had to say for themselves, and they’d unmatch with me straight away, like what is that about?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
why do men do this? I want to give out about something for a second. when I was using the apps I had guys who bullied me in school superliking me and I would match with them to see what would happen or what they had to say for themselves, and they’d unmatch with me straight away, like what is that about?
I think they do it as an ego boost because they don't get confirmation that someone has swiped right on them unless there's a match, or if they want to troll you by getting you to swipe on them so they can turn you down. And by you, I mean the person using the app, not you specifically! It gets on my tits too.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think a lot of men on apps are just addicted to swiping and seeing who they can match with.

They have no intention of talking to you properly or meeting up with you, they just do it for an ego boost, and to see how many women they can “collect”.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I think they do it as an ego boost because they don't get confirmation that someone has swiped right on them unless there's a match, or if they want to troll you by getting you to swipe on them so they can turn you down. And by you, I mean the person using the app, not you specifically! It gets on my tits too.
I've never done OLD so I'm not very familiar with the mechanics, but surely if there's no match, that means they haven't swiped you back?
---
View attachment 2688577

The bit about long hair was mentioned elsewhere too
Calling himself “Sir” 🤣
You'll notice he doesn't state where on the body that hair should be...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.