Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I matched with a guy on bumble on Tuesday. Tbh I only swiped him because I could tell it was him from his pixelated photo in my ā€œbeelineā€ šŸ§šŸ˜‚ Heā€™s 5 years older than me (heā€™s 40) with 2 young sons. He extended the match within an hour of us matching, so I had 2 days instead of 24 hours to send the first message! šŸ˜ keen. Anyway, weā€™ve only been messaging once a day and tbh Iā€™m not bouncing off him conversation wise and itā€™s kind of put me off that heā€™s swapped his profile pic about 3 maybe 4 times. Whoā€™s benefit is that for? To reel in other potential matches?! Ugh apps are like a cattle market. He sent me a message this morning telling me he was free tomorrow for a coffee, but Iā€™m not feeling it. Anyone else get like this?! šŸ˜•
Totally get this... some people arenā€™t great at texting? I wonder if you met it could be different? But donā€™t take my advice, Iā€™m yet to meet up with ANYONE from a dating app - they always seem to put me off just before meeting šŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Totally get this... some people arenā€™t great at texting? I wonder if you met it could be different? But donā€™t take my advice, Iā€™m yet to meet up with ANYONE from a dating app - they always seem to put me off just before meeting šŸ‘€
I did think to give him the benefit of the doubt and that he might be easier to talk to in person. I know I said he was only five years older than me but Iā€™m getting intense older guy vibes šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m just trying to put myself off him lol.

Reactions: 1
Been using Bumble for a couple days now and started talking to one guy who from his bio seemed funny and had things in common. About 5 messages in he used all of these emojis across one single message: šŸ‘€ šŸ˜‚ šŸ™ˆ
Unmatched.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
My fellow singletons: How are you coping with being the ā€œsingle oneā€?

At the moment it feels as though EVERYONE around is either pregnant, buying properties with their other half or getting engaged.

If itā€™s not on Facebook (lol) itā€™s over Instagram or itā€™s on WhatsApp.

Donā€™t get me wrong I am so happy for people in this life phase including my friends and family members who are all of the above including two of them getting engaged this weekend but at the same time I am really struggling with it all.

In my friendship group I am the only single one, living with parents and itā€™s just a bit disheartening especially when all that is discussed is boyfriends, babies, house, fiancĆ©s, wedding planning, double dates (which you get left out of and just see on social media) or you get asked whatā€™s new when really whatā€™s being implied is when are you going to find someone, or that there must be something wrong with you if you havenā€™t found someone yet.

I am starting to feel overwhelmed by it all and freaking out at the same time as it just feels like Iā€™m stuck on this crap single ride i canā€™t get off and online dating is doing my head!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

At the moment it feels as though EVERYONE around is either pregnant, buying properties with their other half or getting engaged.

Donā€™t get me wrong I am so happy for people in this life phase including my friends and family members who are all of the above including two of them getting engaged this weekend but at the same time I am really struggling with it all.

In my friendship group I am the only single one, living with parents and itā€™s just a bit disheartening especially when all that is discussed is boyfriends, babies, house, fiancĆ©s, wedding planning, double dates (which you get left out of and just see on social media) or you get asked whatā€™s new when really whatā€™s being implied is when are you going to find someone, or that there must be something wrong with you if you havenā€™t found someone yet.

I am starting to feel overwhelmed by it all and freaking out at the same time as it just feels like Iā€™m stuck on this crap single ride i canā€™t get off and online dating is doing my head!
I 100% feel your pain. I did buy a few months ago by myself though, I was sick of people saying "oh wait till you meet someone" - I've reached a point where I doubt I will actually meet anyone. I have up and down days, sometimes I am content but other days I really wish someone would be there to eat dinner with at night or go for a walk with. 4

I don't have any answers but you aren't alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

i know this feeling!! Iā€™m just entering the ā€˜stageā€™ of seeing pregnancies and marriage regularly on my feed. I get really down seeing pregnancies if Iā€™m honest as Iā€™ve only recently come out of my relationship where this was in our plans.

However, I am honestly filling this time with all the things Iā€™ve loved to have done in the past but either didnā€™t do because of my ex or felt nervous to do it!!

I believe weā€™ll all find someone, whether theyā€™re the ā€˜oneā€™ thatā€™s a different question, so Iā€™m essentially getting it all in until then! I also feel that when you put less pressure on yourself things tend to come into your life unexpectedly for the better. Searching on tinder and having meaningless conversations (mostly) only reminds me of the fact I donā€™t have someone I love to spend my time with. But doing all the things that make me happy and challenge me have been hugely beneficial.

When youā€™re feeling like this, try to limit your social media time. Itā€™s not worth scrolling for hours comparing yourself to others, Iā€™m terrible at this but it never ever makes me feel better so I have to stop it! šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Iā€™m nearing 30 & my longterm relationship ended a few month ago. People are moving in together, getting engaged, buying dogs together etc on my Insta and it does hurt. But Iā€™m embracing single life šŸ™‚ itā€™s such a weird age to be. Part of you feels like a failure, part of you feels independent.

Iā€™m going to let love find me. Iā€™m not going looking for it anytime soon. If it happens it happens. If not, then so what!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Has anyone ever had a bad gut feeling about going on a first date and cancelled? With no evidence of why you should be cautious, not first date anxiety but just a gut feeling telling you not to go?

Reactions: 4
Has anyone ever had a bad gut feeling about going on a first date and cancelled? With no evidence of why you should be cautious, not first date anxiety but just a gut feeling telling you not to go?
Me šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤£ I did it literally this morning. Although it wasnā€™t a first date, it was someone I was seeing a bit last year but then I got with someone else, that all went to tit during lockdown and this other lad has been lurking around in the background ever since waiting for me to become single again. Which is sort of off putting in itself..

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m thinking of doing this, weā€™ve had 3 dates but I canā€™t shake the feeling heā€™s creepy and gives me an un easy feeling. I may be wrong but I have no idea and thinking I should just listen to my gut even if it may be wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iā€™m thinking of doing this, weā€™ve had 3 dates but I canā€™t shake the feeling heā€™s creepy and gives me an un easy feeling. I may be wrong but I have no idea and thinking I should just listen to my gut even if it may be wrong
Id say go with your gut. I must say though dating is bloody exhausting.

Reactions: 3
The thought of dating fills me with dread. I thought Iā€™d be with my ex for life (hahaha) but he dumped me. Just canā€™t ever imagine putting myself out there ever again nor do I want to

Reactions: 5
It's difficult to imagine yourself trusting someone else isn't it. 3 years of abuse from a narcissistic sociopath will do that to you though I guess...

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Guys, been online dating for almost 1.5 years now. Just before lockdown I got to about 3 months with someone I liked but he dumped me.

Then met someone else. Heā€™s (so far) what Iā€™ve been looking for. Heā€™s had 3 meltdowns now where heā€™s turned round and said heā€™s not sure what he wants blah blah blah. The first two were early on (tbh I didnā€™t care as it was so early and I just expect the worst now) and then the third one was after about 2.5 months of dating (This really upset me). he didnā€™t dump me but said he needed time to work out what he wants and requested space. He proceeded to message me the most heā€™s ever done and we met up the following week and something had definitely changed in him and heā€™s been lovely. Itā€™s been about another month but not seen him for almost 3 weeks due to overlapping travels. Been messaging daily though.

Ive not come this far with online dating. Ive stopped dating others as I want to focus on him and it didnā€™t feel right. We havenā€™t had a conversation About our status and where we are going. If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m scared to bring it up Due to his meltdowns and also in my gut I feel itā€™s too early to have the convo. But Iā€™ve missed him so much and I feel I need to bring it up. I donā€™t want to coast along aimlessly. Any help with the next steps?

i can feel he really likes me. he met my brother recently at a party and was lovely. in my gut I know any reservations he has are to do with commitment and not because heā€™s not into me.

sorry for typos And rambly post. Iā€™m on my iPad and hard to type!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I matched with a guy on bumble on Tuesday. Tbh I only swiped him because I could tell it was him from his pixelated photo in my ā€œbeelineā€ šŸ§šŸ˜‚ Heā€™s 5 years older than me (heā€™s 40) with 2 young sons. He extended the match within an hour of us matching, so I had 2 days instead of 24 hours to send the first message! šŸ˜ keen. Anyway, weā€™ve only been messaging once a day and tbh Iā€™m not bouncing off him conversation wise and itā€™s kind of put me off that heā€™s swapped his profile pic about 3 maybe 4 times. Whoā€™s benefit is that for? To reel in other potential matches?! Ugh apps are like a cattle market. He sent me a message this morning telling me he was free tomorrow for a coffee, but Iā€™m not feeling it. Anyone else get like this?! šŸ˜•
Giving you all an update šŸ˜‚ so he had sent the last 2 messages and I hadnā€™t replied. I think the last one was Saturday morning telling me he was free on bank hol mon to meet up. Heā€™d at least stopped alternating his profile pic the last few days but then last night he sent me another message telling me he was coming off bumble and good luck in my quest.... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I didnā€™t reply and that was half 11 last night. Iā€™ve had a look this morning and heā€™s unmatched me. šŸ™„ this is why i go for men my own age. A little bit older and they all come across intense šŸ˜

• Haha
Giving you all an update šŸ˜‚ so he had sent the last 2 messages and I hadnā€™t replied. I think the last one was Saturday morning telling me he was free on bank hol mon to meet up. Heā€™d at least stopped alternating his profile pic the last few days but then last night he sent me another message telling me he was coming off bumble and good luck in my quest.... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I didnā€™t reply and that was half 11 last night. Iā€™ve had a look this morning and heā€™s unmatched me. šŸ™„ this is why i go for men my own age. A little bit older and they all come across intense šŸ˜
Lol sounds like you're well rid!
Guys, been online dating for almost 1.5 years now. Just before lockdown I got to about 3 months with someone I liked but he dumped me.

Then met someone else. Heā€™s (so far) what Iā€™ve been looking for. Heā€™s had 3 meltdowns now where heā€™s turned round and said heā€™s not sure what he wants blah blah blah. The first two were early on (tbh I didnā€™t care as it was so early and I just expect the worst now) and then the third one was after about 2.5 months of dating (This really upset me). he didnā€™t dump me but said he needed time to work out what he wants and requested space. He proceeded to message me the most heā€™s ever done and we met up the following week and something had definitely changed in him and heā€™s been lovely. Itā€™s been about another month but not seen him for almost 3 weeks due to overlapping travels. Been messaging daily though.

Ive not come this far with online dating. Ive stopped dating others as I want to focus on him and it didnā€™t feel right. We havenā€™t had a conversation About our status and where we are going. If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m scared to bring it up Due to his meltdowns and also in my gut I feel itā€™s too early to have the convo. But Iā€™ve missed him so much and I feel I need to bring it up. I donā€™t want to coast along aimlessly. Any help with the next steps?

i can feel he really likes me. he met my brother recently at a party and was lovely. in my gut I know any reservations he has are to do with commitment and not because heā€™s not into me.

sorry for typos And rambly post. Iā€™m on my iPad and hard to type!
Doesn't dating make you guys just go crazy?! I said in this post we have been messaging daily but he has not replied to me for over a day now, and I had asked him a question. I know there are many reasons why - he's still on holiday - and it's not even that long but I can't help but feel crap. It's like walking on egg shells and no matter how hard you try not to get your hopes up or be mature, you just fall into this pit of uncertainty and self doubt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.