Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, been online dating for almost 1.5 years now. Just before lockdown I got to about 3 months with someone I liked but he dumped me.

Then met someone else. He’s (so far) what I’ve been looking for. He’s had 3 meltdowns now where he’s turned round and said he’s not sure what he wants blah blah blah. The first two were early on (tbh I didn’t care as it was so early and I just expect the worst now) and then the third one was after about 2.5 months of dating (This really upset me). he didn’t dump me but said he needed time to work out what he wants and requested space. He proceeded to message me the most he’s ever done and we met up the following week and something had definitely changed in him and he’s been lovely. It’s been about another month but not seen him for almost 3 weeks due to overlapping travels. Been messaging daily though.

Ive not come this far with online dating. Ive stopped dating others as I want to focus on him and it didn’t feel right. We haven’t had a conversation About our status and where we are going. If I’m being honest, I’m scared to bring it up Due to his meltdowns and also in my gut I feel it’s too early to have the convo. But I’ve missed him so much and I feel I need to bring it up. I don’t want to coast along aimlessly. Any help with the next steps?

i can feel he really likes me. he met my brother recently at a party and was lovely. in my gut I know any reservations he has are to do with commitment and not because he’s not into me.

sorry for typos And rambly post. I’m on my iPad and hard to type!
A few of my pals have had this issue with men changing their mind after dating for a bit and deciding they are "not sure what I want". If he is being lovely thats nice, i think after a few months of dating it is acceptable to ask the "what are we" question, just to see where it is going and if he sees a future with you etc because otherwise are yo both wasting your time?

Reactions: 4
Speaking from what feels like a lifetime of experience dating the wrong men, generally if you’re second guessing yourself or having to make excuses for their poor behaviour then you’re better off channelling your energy elsewhere! I’ve had all the excuses (Nan’s sick, mums sick, best mates dads hamster sick...) and after many years of putting myself through the pain of waiting for a text to appear on my phone and analysing every word, I finally realise that your time is precious and if they don’t see that and don’t want to make the effort then maybe they were never right for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Lol sounds like you're well rid!

Doesn't dating make you guys just go crazy?! I said in this post we have been messaging daily but he has not replied to me for over a day now, and I had asked him a question. I know there are many reasons why - he's still on holiday - and it's not even that long but I can't help but feel crap. It's like walking on egg shells and no matter how hard you try not to get your hopes up or be mature, you just fall into this pit of uncertainty and self doubt.
No need to reply to my previous posts. I knew Instantly he had gone weird again when he didn’t reply the other day. lol and behold, he’s dumped me over whatsapp whilst he’s still on holiday

• Sad
Reactions: 5
No need to reply to my previous posts. I knew Instantly he had gone weird again when he didn’t reply the other day. lol and behold, he’s dumped me over whatsapp whilst he’s still on holiday
Don’t give him another chance to come back again and mess you around. He is not worth the hassle.

His loss, hun! Hope you’re okay x

Reactions: 3
I got engaged recently but was often the single girl in my group of friends before that. I didn't online date but I think this rule still applies to any man you meet that you're interested in:

If he's into you, you'll know. If he's not that into you, you'll be confused.

Remembering this and repeating it to myself has saved me a lot of trouble.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry to hear this! what was his reason/excuse?

My fellow singletons: How are you coping with being the “single one”?

At the moment it feels as though EVERYONE around is either pregnant, buying properties with their other half or getting engaged.

If it’s not on Facebook (lol) it’s over Instagram or it’s on WhatsApp.

Don’t get me wrong I am so happy for people in this life phase including my friends and family members who are all of the above including two of them getting engaged this weekend but at the same time I am really struggling with it all.

In my friendship group I am the only single one, living with parents and it’s just a bit disheartening especially when all that is discussed is boyfriends, babies, house, fiancés, wedding planning, double dates (which you get left out of and just see on social media) or you get asked what’s new when really what’s being implied is when are you going to find someone, or that there must be something wrong with you if you haven’t found someone yet.

I am starting to feel overwhelmed by it all and freaking out at the same time as it just feels like I’m stuck on this crap single ride i can’t get off and online dating is doing my head!
Can completely relate to this. My close friendship group is 6 of us who all went to school together. They are all now in long term relationships and living with their partners. I on the other hand am still living at home - to compenstate I just bought a puppy... I win haha

Reactions: 11
Sorry to hear this! what was his reason/excuse?
It's all good. I've been absolutely fine. He said I'm not right for him, but am amazing and also h cannot gives me what I want.

I'm already back on it and have some dates lined up.

Can completely relate to this. My close friendship group is 6 of us who all went to school together. They are all now in long term relationships and living with their partners. I on the other hand am still living at home - to compenstate I just bought a puppy... I win haha
I was so close to getting a puppy this year but decided it's not the right time. I'm so jealous and you definitely win haha!

I was on dating apps for a while and always thought a lot of the guys on it weren’t over their past relationships which contributed to the lack of chat and ghosting. Really annoyed me as it would be a much more enjoyable experience if you could just filter out the time wasters

I was on dating apps for a while and always thought a lot of the guys on it weren’t over their past relationships which contributed to the lack of chat and ghosting. Really annoyed me as it would be a much more enjoyable experience if you could just filter out the time wasters
I matched with a guy this weekend, I was excited we matched he was my type, nice looking, good job etc. This was Bumble so I messaged first, he sent me a one sentence reply back to my first message which took 2 days, I tried again and after 5 hours he sent another one sentence reply, I sent something funny back and it took him until the next day to send me back another one sentence reply. So this time I replied "it's been lovely chatting to you, but it's clear I'm not getting anywhere here, I wish you lots of luck in finding what you're looking for" he then replied after 1 minute "what did you want me to say?" hahaha 🤦‍♀️ - - > UNMATCH. Just don't reply mate if you don't want to talk to me, it's much easier!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I matched with a guy this weekend, I was excited we matched he was my type, nice looking, good job etc. This was Bumble so I messaged first, he sent me a one sentence reply back to my first message which took 2 days, I tried again and after 5 hours he sent another one sentence reply, I sent something funny back and it took him until the next day to send me back another one sentence reply. So this time I replied "it's been lovely chatting to you, but it's clear I'm not getting anywhere here, I wish you lots of luck in finding what you're looking for" he then replied after 1 minute "what did you want me to say?" hahaha 🤦‍♀️ - - > UNMATCH. Just don't reply mate if you don't want to talk to me, it's much easier!
Men are trash I’m sorry 😂 I’ve lost my faith in men/dating for the foreseeable. It will take an amazing man to convince me otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m back on Tinder after a long while and I cannot tell you how bored I am of the same questions.
1. How are you?
2. Where are you from?
3. What do you like to do for fun?
4. What are you looking for?

By the time you get to question 4 they’ve shown they’re just looking for something casual/fun and you have to have the same conversation AGAIN with someone new. And repeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So this time I replied "it's been lovely chatting to you, but it's clear I'm not getting anywhere here, I wish you lots of luck in finding what you're looking for" he then replied after 1 minute "what did you want me to say?" hahaha 🤦‍♀️
So he’s acted disengaged and disinterested and he’ll know he has. Then when you’ve called him out on it, he’s reached straight for the gaslight. Trying to make you feel silly for saying something and doubting what you can clearly see is happening. Classic narcissist 🙄🚩🚩🚩

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So this is slightly off topic but along a similar vein.. I’m meeting up with my ex next week. Socially distanced of course and thinking of going for a coffee. First time seeing him since the break-up. Was talking to a friend about it and I think I need to do it for closure. I’m absolutely sh*tting myself and I don’t know why, this is the man I was with for 4 years. Has anyone done this? Any tips?

So this is slightly off topic but along a similar vein.. I’m meeting up with my ex next week. Socially distanced of course and thinking of going for a coffee. First time seeing him since the break-up. Was talking to a friend about it and I think I need to do it for closure. I’m absolutely sh*tting myself and I don’t know why, this is the man I was with for 4 years. Has anyone done this? Any tips?
How long has it been since you split up and do you still have feelings for him?

How long has it been since you split up and do you still have feelings for him?
April so 4 months and I don’t know if I do. It’s hard to stop loving someone just all of a sudden. I’m aware of not pouring my feelings out on a plate when I see him but at the same time I don’t want to be cold. I don’t know, it’s all confusing. I’m rediscovering myself and I’m not prepared to get hurt twice.

Reactions: 2
April so 4 months and I don’t know if I do. It’s hard to stop loving someone just all of a sudden. I’m aware of not pouring my feelings out on a plate when I see him but at the same time I don’t want to be cold. I don’t know, it’s all confusing. I’m rediscovering myself and I’m not prepared to get hurt twice.
I think it depends on the break up. Did you break up with him? Was there cheating or nastiness involved? You don’t have to go in with an objective lol but I can imagine you’ll be nervous x

I think it depends on the break up. Did you break up with him? Was there cheating or nastiness involved? You don’t have to go in with an objective lol but I can imagine you’ll be nervous x
He broke up with me and it was unexpected (on my side anyway). No nastiness just a lot of upset for me. Not sure how he feels as there’s been little contact apart from him arranging to see me, which in itself I’m trying not to overthink x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
He broke up with me and it was unexpected (on my side anyway). No nastiness just a lot of upset for me. Not sure how he feels as there’s been little contact apart from him arranging to see me, which in itself I’m trying not to overthink x
Personally I wouldn’t meet him at all. Keep moving forward.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.