Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He broke up with me and it was unexpected (on my side anyway). No nastiness just a lot of upset for me. Not sure how he feels as there’s been little contact apart from him arranging to see me, which in itself I’m trying not to overthink x
It's quite soon and the hurt will still be quite raw when you see him, old feelings of familiarity and connection might come back. The entire Internet (😭) doesn't recommend meeting him so soon, however I know how hard it is not to (I've done it), just be aware it might bring all the hurt you felt at the beginning flooding back and all the progress you've made might be halted until you recover again. Has he told you what he wants? x

Reactions: 6
Personally I wouldn’t meet him at all. Keep moving forward.
Yeah part of me wants to bail, but I think he might be expecting that. I want to show him that I’m getting on with my life and remain civil. I’ve got a week to think about it anyway.

It's quite soon and the hurt will still be quite raw when you see him, old feelings of familiarity and connection might come back. The entire Internet (😭) doesn't recommend meeting him so soon, however I know how hard it is not to (I've done it), just be aware it might bring all the hurt you felt at the beginning flooding back and all the progress you've made might be halted until you recover again. Has he told you what he wants? x
No, he hasn’t said. I’m really aware of feelings coming back and might take 2 steps back in my recovery, but I do feel strong enough to see him. I’m in a good place mentally even though it is soon. I’ve got a week to mull it over, so I’ll see how I feel as the week goes on x

Reactions: 1
Yeah part of me wants to bail, but I think he might be expecting that. I want to show him that I’m getting on with my life and remain civil. I’ve got a week to think about it anyway.

No, he hasn’t said. I’m really aware of feelings coming back and might take 2 steps back in my recovery, but I do feel strong enough to see him. I’m in a good place mentally even though it is soon. I’ve got a week to mull it over, so I’ll see how I feel as the week goes on x

Aww well go for it if you think it's the right thing for you, look your best, be strong and talk only about how happy you are and all the new things you're into 😘. If he asks for you back (!) or wants to see you again say you'll think it through and leave it as that as you say goodbye. Use this next week to really have a think about how you feel about him now and what you want for your future and whether you still see him in it because he may be having regrets about leaving now and that's why he's asked to meet without giving a reason (but don't get hopes up he may also have just left his courteeners CD on your bookshelf,😅) let us know how you get on! x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Aww well go for it if you think it's the right thing for you, look your best, be strong and talk only about how happy you are and all the new things you're into 😘. If he asks for you back (!) or wants to see you again say you'll think it through and leave it as that as you say goodbye. Use this next week to really have a think about how you feel about him now and what you want for your future and whether you still see him in it because he may be having regrets about leaving now and that's why he's asked to meet without giving a reason (but don't get hopes up he may also have just left his courteeners CD on your bookshelf,😅) let us know how you get on! x
Aw thank you for your words of wisdom! I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ve already got my outfit planned 🤭 haha x

• Heart
He broke up with me and it was unexpected (on my side anyway). No nastiness just a lot of upset for me. Not sure how he feels as there’s been little contact apart from him arranging to see me, which in itself I’m trying not to overthink x
Hmm this happened to me too. I think I remember you posting about this. They broke our hearts and feels like they’re creeping back in. I don’t know what to say, but guard your heart. Don’t let words phase you, it’s actions that will truly tell you what’s going on here. People can change, like you’ve upgraded yourself, focusing on you but he might not have done ANY work on himself (most guys won’t) so try to remember you’re worth so so much more than the way he treated you. Let us know how it goes though, try not to focus on getting closure, cos men often won’t give that in order to retain some control over the situation xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I so needed to read this thread tonight. I don't hear from my friends anymore now they have settled down and I'm convinced its because I'm still living at home at 30 and single. I keep thinking I'm rubbish at the dating apps but I see I'm not the only one that has no luck. Think the loneliness has got to me tonight and this thread has just given me a bit of a comfort that life my perk up at some point. So thanks all 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi @YorkshireFox how did it go?
It went well, I was just so nervous. But when I saw him, my nerves just melted away. We had a few drinks and talked about our jobs, what we’d been up to etc. Didn’t talk about the break-up. On leaving he said I look really well and he’d like to see me again, so just left it at that. It was weird to be in his company again but I’m glad I’ve seen him to break the ice.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It went well, I was just so nervous. But when I saw him, my nerves just melted away. We had a few drinks and talked about our jobs, what we’d been up to etc. Didn’t talk about the break-up. On leaving he said I look really well and he’d like to see me again, so just left it at that. It was weird to be in his company again but I’m glad I’ve seen him to break the ice.
Oh my god?! Are we living the same life 😂 I met up with my ex yesterday too!!

How did you feel seeing him? Did you feel the same as you did when you were with him? Or has it been kind of ruined because of what he did to you? Did he apologise or I guess you didn’t speak about the topic?

I met up with my ex to walk our dog (who I haven’t seen as he’s living with him) we walked for nearly 4 hours aimlessly talking, like we used to! We didn’t mention the break up either! In a way id like an apology which I’m sure I’d get if I brought up the topic but it’s a bit too early for me to bring up those emotions.

I think for both of us, we need to protect ourselves from these men. Remind ourselves we are happy single too. We don’t NEED them at all but if they can make up and show change, there might be a chance that WE will see them again. I believe relationships go through changes and a pandemic was not an easy task to get through but I will reserve so much of myself by even entertaining the idea of being a friend to him right now. As much as I still love him deep down.

Let me know how you feel!! It’s nice to have someone in the same boat (tho I’m sorry you had to go through what you did because I REALLY understand how hard it must have been!) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my god?! Are we living the same life 😂 I met up with my ex yesterday too!!

How did you feel seeing him? Did you feel the same as you did when you were with him? Or has it been kind of ruined because of what he did to you? Did he apologise or I guess you didn’t speak about the topic?

I met up with my ex to walk our dog (who I haven’t seen as he’s living with him) we walked for nearly 4 hours aimlessly talking, like we used to! We didn’t mention the break up either! In a way id like an apology which I’m sure I’d get if I brought up the topic but it’s a bit too early for me to bring up those emotions.

I think for both of us, we need to protect ourselves from these men. Remind ourselves we are happy single too. We don’t NEED them at all but if they can make up and show change, there might be a chance that WE will see them again. I believe relationships go through changes and a pandemic was not an easy task to get through but I will reserve so much of myself by even entertaining the idea of being a friend to him right now. As much as I still love him deep down.

Let me know how you feel!! It’s nice to have someone in the same boat (tho I’m sorry you had to go through what you did because I REALLY understand how hard it must have been!) xx
Honestly, it was like we’d never been apart. As soon as I saw him we just clicked again. I spent 5 hours with him - we went for a walk along the river then I’d booked a table in a beer garden which we stayed at for 3 hours. The time flew by, we were just catching up, asking about our families/jobs/lives. We had a laugh actually, but we always made each other laugh. He said he would like to see me again and I would like to see him too, more or less to do the same thing. We both did a lot of hiking together so I think that could be an option for next time, whenever that may be. We didn’t talk about the break-up because I don’t feel ready to and I didn’t want to get upset. Yesterday was more about breaking the ice and seeing each other for me. It was a bonus that it went really well.

I do feel sad this morning, I’m not going to lie. I don’t think I’ve took a step backwards in my recovery but being around the person who I still have a lot of feelings for has brought them up to the surface again when I’d buried them. Being in lockdown did open up a lot of issues for us and part of me thinks ‘maybe if I’d not argued about that’ we would still be together. But everything happens for a reason. And I don’t think I’d be in the mental position I am now if I was still with him, as hard as it is to admit that.

I’m glad your meet up went well. Time is the best healer out there. Keep looking after yourself and I’m always happy for a chat about it 🙂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@YorkshireFox it sounds like he regrets the break up and wants you back. Did he flirt with you? He’s probably had time to reflect and realises he made a mistake.

If you can handle being friends then go for it but would you be prepared to see him with someone else?

I think next time you should talk about the break up no matter how upsetting it is. You said you wanted closure so you need to have that discussion then decide if you can handle been ‘just friends’. Or if he wants you back think about whether you can forgive how much he hurt you. I think as it happened during lockdown a lot of people were stressed during that time and a lot of couples split up but I imagine a lot will get back together again too.

Reactions: 2
@YorkshireFox it sounds like he regrets the break up and wants you back. Did he flirt with you? He’s probably had time to reflect and realises he made a mistake.

If you can handle being friends then go for it but would you be prepared to see him with someone else?

I think next time you should talk about the break up no matter how upsetting it is. You said you wanted closure so you need to have that discussion then decide if you can handle been ‘just friends’. Or if he wants you back think about whether you can forgive how much he hurt you. I think as it happened during lockdown a lot of people were stressed during that time and a lot of couples split up but I imagine a lot will get back together again too.
Not much flirting but he kept complimenting me (I’ve recently gone blonde and been going to gym 3x a week) saying I look great. I will mention it next time for sure, I just was aware of my emotions the first time seeing him, and I really didn’t want to have the first time seeing him being all about me getting upset. But now I’ve seen him I feel more able to talk about it. Who knows what will happen, I’m keeping my guard up and protecting myself. But there’s definitely no hate there.

Not much flirting but he kept complimenting me (I’ve recently gone blonde and been going to gym 3x a week) saying I look great. I will mention it next time for sure, I just was aware of my emotions the first time seeing him, and I really didn’t want to have the first time seeing him being all about me getting upset. But now I’ve seen him I feel more able to talk about it. Who knows what will happen, I’m keeping my guard up and protecting myself. But there’s definitely no hate there.
The ball is really in your court. If he wants you back, make him work for it. Good luck x

Reactions: 1
We must be quite close geographically because I've seen that profile and that spelling mistake made me swipe left too 🤣
He wasn’t bad looking, either compared to the majority on there. I’m by no means perfect, so I need to being critical otherwise I’ll be forever single.

• Haha
He wasn’t bad looking, either compared to the majority on there. I’m by no means perfect, so I need to being critical otherwise I’ll be forever single.
There’s some value in not being too critical but I do side eye spelling mistakes in dating profiles. Surely you read over them once or twice, maybe get a friend to as well? Perhaps you could give him some ‘honestly’ and correct the spelling? 😅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.