Dating after lockdown #6 Block him!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am now talking to 4 different blokes and need to take notes on what they have told me and what I have shared with them. Its exhausting.

I have found it really hard to talk to more than one person as I am conditioned to only date one person at a time and while this is the norm on dating sites I cant help but feel its wrong. But, I am old and was raised by a devout Catholic nana so I think part of it is my upbringing!!
Do what makes you feel comfortable. I do think dating apps are different to traditional dating. Let's be honest, you do have to go through a lot of matches to find someone decent so I don't think it is a problem to talk to a few people at a time.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everyone is different with their dating approach for sure, and it can be informed by your personality and previous dating history. The one-at-a-time approach didn’t work for me as I would feel more pressure for that one to work out and end up waiting for replies to messages etc. rather than just treat it as fun and see what happened from it. My job requires me to juggle a lot of information, retain it and act on it at short notice so remembering who was who wasn’t ever a problem. Keeping some notes on your phone could be a simple way?

One thing I did find was that men were really uptight about speaking about the process e.g. how have you been finding it? Have you had any mad dates? Are you dating a lot? I always thought it was a good conversation starter because it’s a common denominator and what brought you together but clearly not! It was always done in a light-hearted rather that interrogative way, but perhaps they found it intrusive 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Everyone is different with their dating approach for sure, and it can be informed by your personality and previous dating history. The one-at-a-time approach didn’t work for me as I would feel more pressure for that one to work out and end up waiting for replies to messages etc. rather than just treat it as fun and see what happened from it. My job requires me to juggle a lot of information, retain it and act on it at short notice so remembering who was who wasn’t ever a problem. Keeping some notes on your phone could be a simple way?

One thing I did find was that men were really uptight about speaking about the process e.g. how have you been finding it? Have you had any mad dates? Are you dating a lot? I always thought it was a good conversation starter because it’s a common denominator and what brought you together but clearly not! It was always done in a light-hearted rather that interrogative way, but perhaps they found it intrusive 🤷🏼‍♀️
I guess if you're dating them perhaps they want to keep the part about who else they're dating to themselves? I can see how it could make someone uncomfortable talking about who else they are currently dating.

I always get the question on dating sites "have you had any luck on here?" And I've always found it quite redundant. If I had luck on there I wouldn't still be on there 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I agree I hate when men have asked that question. Mainly cos it’s awkward and never know what to say.

• Haha
I guess if you're dating them perhaps they want to keep the part about who else they're dating to themselves? I can see how it could make someone uncomfortable talking about who else they are currently dating.
It was less “exactly how many women are you dating: names, ages, locations” as have you been on the app/site long, have you had many dates? I’m very much an open book but I totally understand many others aren’t.

I would be asked what other plans I had this week and if I said I had a date or other dates they’d be equally as unimpressed. Um, we met on a dating app so I’m going to be dating and I’m pretty sure you are too so why be coy about it?

You’re all here looking for dates and then there’s me asking mine if I can take a selfie with his cock in my mouth 😂 I can’t be the only one 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It was less “exactly how many women are you dating: names, ages, locations” as have you been on the app/site long, have you had many dates? I’m very much an open book but I totally understand many others aren’t.

I would be asked what other plans I had this week and if I said I had a date or other dates they’d be equally as unimpressed. Um, we met on a dating app so I’m going to be dating and I’m pretty sure you are too so why be coy about it?
I agree that if you're on a dating app it's pretty much a given you are dating probably more than one person and can continue to do so unless you have agreed exclusivity with someone.

I just don't know how I'd feel if I asked a guy I was on a date on what his plans were and he listed all the dates he will be on that week. I think sometimes it's just better to be vague there to avoid the awkwardness and I can understand why people are coy about it.

I'm the same, I think asking about their online dating experience is normal. I wouldn't be asking who they were talking to or dating at the same time as me but more if they'd had luck previously, any crazy people, any crazy dates - I've been catfished before so always want to hear other's horror stories 😆 I kind of liken it to 'do ya come here often' when you meet someone in a pub 🤗

If someone was being shady and not willing to give even a general overview of their experience so far then I'd find that questionable tbh.

Reactions: 6
I'm the same, I think asking about their online dating experience is normal. I wouldn't be asking who they were talking to or dating at the same time as me but more if they'd had luck previously, any crazy people, any crazy dates - I've been catfished before so always want to hear other's horror stories 😆 I kind of liken it to 'do ya come here often' when you meet someone in a pub 🤗

If someone was being shady and not willing to give even a general overview of their experience so far then I'd find that questionable tbh.
I always asked these types of questions for ice-breaking purposes. Everyone usually has a funny or mad story to tell.

If you’re anywhere between ripon, Coventry and Kent he’s yours he’s in all 3 places 🤣🤣🤣
No. Looks like we'll have to get Hermes to deliver.

• Heart
HELP! The guy I am currently dating is now on holiday with his small child.

We texted last night and I asked him again if it would be ok to meet other people. He said he would not be keen on me dating other guys but would understand if I wanted to (presumably because of his plans to move to another country), but he doesn't want to date anyone else.

He then also send me texts saying he is not just interested in sex with me and enjoys spending time with me and asked about a weekend getaway.

I don't understand? Why didn't he make more time before?

Also, I now feel pulling away internally - it might be my fear of getting too close to someone.
First I was put off as he didn't show enough interest, now it's too much for me (and I know these are only words anyway). What is wrong with me???

HELP! The guy I am currently dating is now on holiday with his small child.

We texted last night and I asked him again if it would be ok to meet other people. He said he would not be keen on me dating other guys but would understand if I wanted to (presumably because of his plans to move to another country), but he doesn't want to date anyone else.

He then also send me texts saying he is not just interested in sex with me and enjoys spending time with me and asked about a weekend getaway.

I don't understand? Why didn't he make more time before?

Also, I now feel pulling away internally - it might be my fear of getting too close to someone.
First I was put off as he didn't show enough interest, now it's too much for me (and I know these are only words anyway). What is wrong with me???
How does a weekend getaway really change things though...? It would be a one off right, and he is still moving away?
I feel like your attitude is really passive in all this if I'm honest. If you are unhappy with his attitude you need to take responsibility and end things
You can't try and get inside someone else's head, and chances are he doesn't even know his own mind that well
Asking him for his blessing to see other people is embarrassing. Do want YOU want, it's your life!!
What are you clinging on to here? That he will suddenly realise he is deeply in love with you and not move away or ask you to come too? As it doesn't sound like you even want that as him suggesting a getaway is too much!

How does a weekend getaway really change things though...? It would be a one off right, and he is still moving away?
I feel like your attitude is really passive in all this if I'm honest. If you are unhappy with his attitude you need to take responsibility and end things
You can't try and get inside someone else's head, and chances are he doesn't even know his own mind that well
Asking him for his blessing to see other people is embarrassing. Do want YOU want, it's your life!!
What are you clinging on to here? That he will suddenly realise he is deeply in love with you and not move away or ask you to come too? As it doesn't sound like you even want that as him suggesting a getaway is too much!
I know what I want - I want to retain the sexual relationship with him and date other people for first dates (as it seems really hard to find someone I like...).

I don't think it is embarrassing to ask him if he is ok with me dating still - for me this is discussing what our affair looks like and I don't do things behind other people's backs (this is one of my principles).

The weekend getaway won't change a single thing, you are right.
I guess I was irritated by the sudden change in tune.

If he wouldn't be moving away and if he would have been more consistent in his communication I would like to try having a proper relationship with him.
But in the circumstances - I would rather keep emotional distance

I know what I want - I want to retain the sexual relationship with him and date other people for first dates (as it seems really hard to find someone I like...).

I don't think it is embarrassing to ask him if he is ok with me dating still - for me this is discussing what our affair looks like and I don't do things behind other people's backs (this is one of my principles).

If he wouldn't be moving away and if he would have been more consistent in his communication I would like to try having a proper relationship with him.
essentially he’s saying he would not like it so you will be potentially dating behind his back anyways so that solved nothing

Reactions: 1

Why ask for his permission though? You owe him nothing especially as he has made it clear that he's not willing to commit.

I think you need to be clear to him that you are both on different pages in terms of what you're looking for and you'd be happy to keep the sexual side of your relationship going but you're not willing to shut yourself off from meeting others and will date if the opportunity arises.

I do think that you won't be able to keep emotional distance from him if you continue the sexual side though. And a weekend away would probably just be a sexfest anyway so he's still having his cake and eating it and you'll come out of it still feeling pissed off and not getting what you need from him. I think you need to bin him at this point.

Reactions: 14
You’re all here looking for dates and then there’s me asking mine if I can take a selfie with his cock in my mouth 😂 I can’t be the only one 🤣
I feel ya. My last boyfriend I badgered him and badgered him for a dick pic but he never would. Something about being a feminist and respecting women??? Errr mate, I'm soliciting - nay, begging - you for a snap of your amazing goldilocks cock. I used to joke I'd finally get one on his death bed and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Unfortunately the relationship died before he could 🥴

Anyway hi folks! Been loving this thread this past week, and I don't think I've stopped laughing at the laundry basket spunker yet :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel ya. My last boyfriend I badgered him and badgered him for a dick pic but he never would. Something about being a feminist and respecting women??? Errr mate, I'm soliciting - nay, begging - you for a snap of your amazing goldilocks cock. I used to joke I'd finally get one on his death bed and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Unfortunately the relationship died before he could 🥴

Anyway hi folks! Been loving this thread this past week, and I don't think I've stopped laughing at the laundry basket spunker yet :ROFLMAO:
Love that 🤣🤣

• Heart
I agree I hate when men have asked that question. Mainly cos it’s awkward and never know what to say.
I usually tell them the truth that I seem to attract the most unsuitable men who have clearly not read my detailed profile of what I want!!

That last post I wrote earlier today and it only just posted. I love the breath of views and honesty here. I get worried if they put an x on the end of a message before they have even met me.

Reactions: 1
I guess I'm in a bit of a sticky situation myself with two potential suitors - let's call them Man A and Man B. (Sorry, this is long, I'll do a TL: DR at the end)

CONTEXT: I recently moved to another country. This country is very large, which is important.

Man A lives in the south of the country, about a 4 hour train ride away. I know him through my ex boyfriend (he of the no dick pics), although the ex lives back in the UK. I haven't told ex boyfriend that I've been hanging out with his mate, and I suspect he wouldn't be too thrilled, but whatever, I needed friends! I've fancied Man A since I first met him, and he took me round his local cemetery and cooked me a nice fish (A+ first date, ngl, even though I was dating his friend at the time). Fast forward five years and I'm living in the same country as him, single, and I still fancy him. I see him whenever I'm in his city, which is often. We have wonderful deep conversations, fun outings and share meaningful looks. BIG PROBLEM: After a couple of not-dates, he tells me he's sick. He needs an operation (not easy to get in this country) and he doesn't know how long he has left. I'm distraught but I resolve to be a good friend/shoulder to cry on, but I don't think I can pursue anything in this situation.

(I promise you this is true)

Man B lives in the north of the country. Like, the NORTH. He's a 24 hour train ride away (and this makes us 'neighbours' - I'm sure you've figured out the country by now). I know him through the website Couchsurfing, which is where strangers offer you a couch/spare bed for free - I used to do it loads in my twenties when I did backpacking, but much less since I began to appreciate, y'know, being comfortable. I decided to take a trip to Man B's town a few years ago, and for some reason decided to couchsurf - I picked Man B. We got on like a house on fire, but nothing happened. Fast forward to now and I'm living in his country AND doing some research in his neck of the woods. He says 'stay at mine when you're in town'. I do, he's just as awesome as I remember, we get drunk, we skinny dip in the lake, we end up in bed.

(the sex is INCREDIBLE)

I assume it's just a one time (ok, five times) thing with Man B but as I'm on the (long...LONG) train ride back home, I start to miss him. He texts me he feels the same. He books flights to visit me. I go back to visit him. We book a holiday. We text every day. I like him A LOT, but he's so far, no matter what he says about it being close! I tell him my reservations and he feels the same, but we really like each other so we decide to keep going and revisit the situation in a couple of months.

I haven't seen Man A throughout all of this, and haven't told him about Man B (I wasn't purposely hiding, it just didn't come up 😬). Suddenly, he announces he's coming to my city! And can he stay at mine?! Sure, I say. I tell Man B this but not that I've been crushing on Man A... I figure he doesn't need to know this as we are not officially official and I'm not planning on trying anything with Man A - I really do see myself as just his friend at this point, but this is mostly because I haven't seen him for a few months and I've been focused on Man B. Man B is fine with it, and hasn't shown any signs of being the jealous type (good).

Man A has been texting a lot organising his trip. He's arriving tomorrow for three days. He's been gushing about how much he's looking forward to seeing me and spending time in my 'awesome company' (his words...). He wants to take me to dinner wherever I want to go. He sends me a flirty text about whipping each other with branches in the sauna (I have a sauna in my flat). Now I'm like... IS HE COMING HERE TO WOO ME??

tit.

I don't know what to do at this point. Part of me thinks neither Man is a go because of logistics, timing, all that boring practical stuff (not to mention Man A's health...). But I also know that I like them both in different ways. Man A stimulates my mind, we have amazing conversations, we connect on a deeper level. Man B stimulates everything else! The sex is off the scale, he makes me laugh, I light up in his presence.

I don't even know if I'm asking for advice because it all depends on what happens in the next few days, but I'd appreciate any wisdom and thoughts from the least bullshitting thread on tattle :ROFLMAO:

TL: DR - I like two men and have started dating one but the other one is coming to stay with me tomorrow and we may end up having sauna sex.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.