Dating after lockdown #6 Block him!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @freaknasty on the new thread title.

I really wanted to call it Dating after lockdown #6: is your sphincter pink or brown? after @square_spoon’s message but wasn’t sure it’d be allowed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hahahaha why didn’t I know what a sphincter is 😅😅😅

ps happy 1 year threadiversary gang! Thanks for responding on thread one!
Ps no arguing we are all mates here xx 💕💕💕

I too wondered where @thunderfook is!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wondered where she was! I tried to @ her but it didn’t come up with a username. Where are you @thunderfook ?!
I thought that was the roger person same style of writing etc

Actually @Professor Farnsworth is the person cos this person has twice mixed me up with someone who she has called miss perfect twice @LaurieLaurie

And the last time she messaged she was told
Off for putting pics up of profiles 👀 then a new account posting about her womb again

Anywhoo my detective skills are needed elsewhere 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I thought that was the roger person same style of writing etc

Actually @Professor Farnsworth is the person cos this person has twice mixed me up with someone who she has called miss perfect twice @LaurieLaurie

And the last time she messaged she was told
Off for putting pics up of profiles 👀 then a new account posting about her womb again

Anywhoo my detective skills are needed elsewhere 🤣
Oh has she called me miss perfect? 😂 I don’t read all the replies..
I’m far from perfect or a ‘man expert’ as she’s called me, just had enough experience of twats and don’t want other women to put up with the same bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m far from perfect or a ‘man expert’ as she’s called me, just had enough experience of twats and don’t want other women to put up with the same bollocks.
i am not even dating but my god I’ve done the dating apps and Jesus it was dire. It is only cos you said you’ve never been ghosted.

I love your advice, you're always straight to the point and tend to confirm what we're already thinking.

Reactions: 3
Would you continue to date someone who swears at you? I made a joke to someone online (I think quite obvious, with emojis etc, and it wasn't racist or sexist etc) and they responded with "f you".

I just find that quite disrespectful to swear at someone and it's one of my boundaries. Is it an overreaction on my part and would others let it slide?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Would you continue to date someone who swears at you? I made a joke to someone online (I think quite obvious, with emojis etc, and it wasn't racist or sexist etc) and they responded with "f you".

I just find that quite disrespectful to swear at someone and it's one of my boundaries. Is it an overreaction on my part and would others let it slide?
I don’t swear, never have, people who eefff and Jeff constantly are not for me

I don’t swear, never have, people who eefff and Jeff constantly are not for me
Especially at someone? I might swear if I step on a piece of Lego say but I've never sworn at someone, it just seems so unnecessarily aggressive to me 😅

Reactions: 2
I think if it’s something you wouldn’t accept from a friend then deffo shouldn’t accept it from a partner.

Is this the same guy that didn’t understand your England tattoo joke? I would be offended if he was being serious. But if it’s one of your boundaries then I don’t think it’s an overreaction.

Reactions: 2

For me, it depends on the context and intent. There's a big difference between jokey/matey swearing and aggressive swearing. If you don't know someone and you don't really know their intent and it's in a text which can be misinterpreted anyway, then I don't think it's right to be swearing at anyone.

Is this the same guy that didn’t understand your England tattoo joke? I would be offended if he was being serious
Yes it's the same one 😅. He called me delirious and asked if I had been drinking that time. This time he's just gone to straight up swearing at me.

I don't know if he just has a short fuse or if we just do not get along at all.

For me, it depends on the context and intent. There's a big difference between jokey/matey swearing and aggressive swearing. If you don't know someone and you don't really know their intent and it's in a text which can be misinterpreted anyway, then I don't think it's right to be swearing at anyone.
Yeah I suppose..like if you are out and your friend said something cheeky to you and then you swore. I don't think I'd do that but I know it's meant differently than swearing at someone because you're angry.

It's hard to know how someone meant it over text and as you say, I don't really know them. I took it as them not really enjoying talking to me and it finally reached boiling point so they said that.

It's also just the little jibes. Saying I was being delirious, asking if I had been drinking and now swearing at me...

Reactions: 1
Yes it's the same one 😅. He called me delirious and asked if I had been drinking that time. This time he's just gone to straight up swearing at me.

I don't know if he just has a short fuse or if we just do not get along at all.

Yeah I suppose..like if you are out and your friend said something cheeky to you and then you swore. I don't think I'd do that but I know it's meant differently than swearing at someone because you're angry.

It's hard to know how someone meant it over text and as you say, I don't really know them. I took it as them not really enjoying talking to me and it finally reached boiling point so they said that.

It's also just the little jibes. Saying I was being delirious, asking if I had been drinking and now swearing at me...
Don’t want to tell you what to do but he sounds like really hard work and also completely humourless!

Reactions: 13
Don’t want to tell you what to do but he sounds like really hard work and also completely humourless!
Yeah he apologised before and said he had some anxiety stuff going on and wasn't in the best of moods. I don't know if / what he will say this time but I don't want to date someone who is always stroppy 😅

Yeah he apologised before and said he had some anxiety stuff going on and wasn't in the best of moods. I don't know if / what he will say this time but I don't want to date someone who is always stroppy 😅
I think you need to delete him, tbh. There sounds nothing fun about the chats you're having with him and you both seem to be irking each other. Inadvertently in your case. But he's being a diberate bellend by the sounds of it. Not the best prelude to meeting 😉

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.