Dating after lockdown #6 Block him!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha you'd think it would be a mutual feeling but I swear men can be so oblivious! 😂 But it does seem that the communication really isn't working here - speaking to someone should feel exciting and lighthearted! Not dreading that he's going to respond negatively to everything.
Life is too short to be with someone who doesn't make you laugh isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sadly nothing to update ladies! He accepted my apology but said he still wasn’t super happy overall and needed “a fair amount of time” to forgive and forget. (Homeboy was pissed lol). But he said once I move back to London maybe we can give things another go.

I’m probably not going to move for another two months though :/ but I do want to reach out to him before that and hopefully he’ll let me take him out to make up for things... Although I was thinking about this the other day: do we think him saying maybe we can give things another go in future was him letting me down gently, or did he actually mean that? I’d like to think if he was done-done he’d have no problem saying that, but you never know…
I think you've done all that you could have - you apologised and offered to make it up to him.
Personally, I would just leave it for now and maybe reach out to him once you have moved to see if he's up for grabbing a drink. In the mean time, if he gets over the situation and would like to see you, he can reach out to you as well. But I don't think you should be chasing him.

Reactions: 7
Nah I would advise also not to block or ghost that’s quite harsh and I would say only use it in extreme circumstances.

He clearly has trust issues he’d prob make sure you was were you say you are at all times too 🤔 yeah I think you should draw a line with this one. I know it’s so cliche but you deffo know when it’s the right person this one does not sound like it also you want someone you can be lighthearted and jokey with, he doesn’t seem to have a jokey bone in his body 🤣

she apologised I believe but then there no further update
Yeah like if he was being threatening I can understand blocking but to vanish without a trace just because we don't seem to gel seems a bit harsh.

He does seem to have trust issues and I don't see why. We barely knew each other and I didn't give him any reason to doubt me, I was just feeling unwell that day and suggested another day 🤷

Sadly nothing to update ladies! He accepted my apology but said he still wasn’t super happy overall and needed “a fair amount of time” to forgive and forget. (Homeboy was pissed lol). But he said once I move back to London maybe we can give things another go.

I’m probably not going to move for another two months though :/ but I do want to reach out to him before that and hopefully he’ll let me take him out to make up for things... Although I was thinking about this the other day: do we think him saying maybe we can give things another go in future was him letting me down gently, or did he actually mean that? I’d like to think if he was done-done he’d have no problem saying that, but you never know…
I did think he had a right to be annoyed but him needing a “fair amount of time” to get over it seems a bit OTT to me! I mean, you were only late and apologised. You didn’t kill his cat! So in that respect it kind of sounds like this prolonged time to forgive is a bit of an excuse.

Reactions: 12
Oh gosh, reading everyone’s experiences and this just came up on my tiktok 😅 seems like a very accurate description of dating nowadays

Reactions: 8
Yeah like if he was being threatening I can understand blocking but to vanish without a trace just because we don't seem to gel seems a bit harsh.

He does seem to have trust issues and I don't see why. We barely knew each other and I didn't give him any reason to doubt me, I was just feeling unwell that day and suggested another day 🤷
He told me he had a tough day as he's going through a disciplinary at work for alleged bullying. I'm not sure why this doesn't surprise me. He has no idea how he really comes across...

• Wow
Reactions: 9
He told me he had a tough day as he's going through a disciplinary at work for alleged bullying. I'm not sure why this doesn't surprise me. He has no idea how he really comes across...
Please end things with this man 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@HelloStereo You’ve tried with this one, too hard I think. Just one of his huffs and I would have been gone, it’s not supposed to be a battle

You can’t go wrong with a short and sweet ‘This isn’t working out for me, I hope you find what you’re looking for.’ text. You have to then remove him or you’ll probably get dragged into further conversation.

Reactions: 3
Wow if this doesn't set off alarm bells with you then I'm worried 🚩😅 you need to ditch him! Like everyone else has said, he sounds difficult AF.

Reactions: 5
Mine has insecurities and they never go away, I’m in too deep to give up on him completely but if anyone else showed me any sign of them I would be gone.

But didn't you say you ditched him?
I’m distancing from him and taking a bit of a mental break to think about what I want to do but as far as he is concerned we are fine. He knows I have these wobbles but he reassures me, I think my heads just up my arse atm and that’s the first thing I cut back from.

Reactions: 1
I usually follow along with this thread as I deleted my dating apps so had nothing to contribute but just gonna jump in now :)

I dunno if it's the men in my area (judging by the other posts, it's not!) but the amount of timewasters was something else. I didn't really have time to spend hours swiping through the apps and messaging (didn't want to either) but felt every single interaction I had to be a certain level of interesting, chill, breezy, not too serious but also intriguing... you know? I never felt like I was being myself with these guys and was being judged at every opportunity. Even the guys who seemed promising turned out to be bleeping weird, like calling me up at 2am after having a drink or tracking me down on social media.

So I've deleted the apps in the hope of meeting someone organically or through a friend now that things are opening up again but who knows. I think the last year has made me realise I'm actually doing fine by myself and I really value my own space and having time for hobbies and friends without dragging a man along.

I thought that was the roger person same style of writing etc

Actually @Professor Farnsworth is the person cos this person has twice mixed me up with someone who she has called miss perfect twice @LaurieLaurie

And the last time she messaged she was told
Off for putting pics up of profiles 👀 then a new account posting about her womb again

Anywhoo my detective skills are needed elsewhere 🤣
Lol yes Thunderfook -> Professor Farnsworth -> Roger Smith. Exact same style of writing!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I usually follow along with this thread as I deleted my dating apps so had nothing to contribute but just gonna jump in now :)

I dunno if it's the men in my area (judging by the other posts, it's not!) but the amount of timewasters was something else. I didn't really have time to spend hours swiping through the apps and messaging (didn't want to either) but felt every single interaction I had to be a certain level of interesting, chill, breezy, not too serious but also intriguing... you know? I never felt like I was being myself with these guys and was being judged at every opportunity. Even the guys who seemed promising turned out to be bleeping weird, like calling me up at 2am after having a drink or tracking me down on social media.

So I've deleted the apps in the hope of meeting someone organically or through a friend now that things are opening up again but who knows. I think the last year has made me realise I'm actually doing fine by myself and I really value my own space and having time for hobbies and friends without dragging a man along.

Lol yes Thunderfook -> Professor Farnsworth -> Roger Smith. Exact same style of writing!
Completely agreed, I find the apps and talking to people such hard work at the moment I have given up swiping. Was texting someone last week to meet up this week and he literally blocked me mid convo after he sent the last message!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Please end things with this man 🤣🤣🤣
I know but I'm invested for the gossip on these allegations now 😅

Wow if this doesn't set off alarm bells with you then I'm worried 🚩😅 you need to ditch him! Like everyone else has said, he sounds difficult AF.
It really does. I'm not sure if he is unaware of how he comes across but him being accused of being a bully does not surprise me at all.

@HelloStereo You’ve tried with this one, too hard I think. Just one of his huffs and I would have been gone, it’s not supposed to be a battle

You can’t go wrong with a short and sweet ‘This isn’t working out for me, I hope you find what you’re looking for.’ text. You have to then remove him or you’ll probably get dragged into further conversation.
You're right, every day feels like a bit of a struggle communicating with him. I'm always quite self doubting and thought it must have just been the way I took things and perhaps I was overreacting etc. But if he's accused of bullying maybe it's not just me who has these feelings around him.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Would you continue to date someone who swears at you? I made a joke to someone online (I think quite obvious, with emojis etc, and it wasn't racist or sexist etc) and they responded with "f you".

I just find that quite disrespectful to swear at someone and it's one of my boundaries. Is it an overreaction on my part and would others let it slide?
I've blocked someone because he kept swearing at me after I told him I didn't like it.

• Heart
They disappear and a new account is made in days 🙄
I can’t decide if they think we’re not very intelligent, or if they think they’re doing a better job of covering their tracks than they actually are.

Patiently waiting for Lois Griffin or Lisa Simpson to enter the chat 💅🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.