Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When will I learn to listen to you all 🤦🏽‍♀️ meant to have a date tonight with D, the guy who can kind of be a prick sometimes.

We had arranged to meet at 7.30. I got a babysitter and everything. Then 5 minutes ago he messaged cancelling because he's decided to go pub with his mates instead.

I know it's my own stupid fault for getting emotionally invested before we met (thanks bpd) but I'm equal parts sad and angry right now.

Also, the girl I was thinking of asking on a date, A, isn't over her ex so I've decided to just be her friend. Too complicated.
Fuuuck that noise, what a bellend.
I also chose "intelligent" and "funny", but couldn't decide between "kind" and "good in bed" 🙈

So what does this say about me????
That orgasms are important

Reactions: 2
Ugh I think I messed up on a potential match. I’ve been chatting to this guy for about 2 weeks and we’ve had a few phone conversations. Our weekends have been busy so unable to find a date to meet so we’d decided on the Monday just gone. I had to leave by 8.30 to go pick up my mum from work. When I told him he said it’s not a goer because we wouldn’t have a lot of time. Tbf he was travelling down to south london for me (he’s based up in north). The last message he sent me was ‘let’s catch up another time x’ and I haven’t heard from him since Monday.

I hate chasing men but from the few times we spoke we seem to have clicked. Should I just put my pride aside and reach out to him?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Ugh I think I messed up on a potential match. I’ve been chatting to this guy for about 2 weeks and we’ve had a few phone conversations. Our weekends have been busy so unable to find a date to meet so we’d decided on the Monday just gone. I had to leave by 8.30 to go pick up my mum from work. When I told him he said it’s not a goer because we wouldn’t have a lot of time. Tbf he was travelling down to south london for me (he’s based up in north). The last message he sent me was ‘let’s catch up another time x’ and I haven’t heard from him since Monday.

I hate chasing men but from the few times we spoke we seem to have clicked. Should I just put my pride aside and reach out to him?
I agree with you on not chasing but honestly, on this occasion I’d go for it. He was willing to put effort in, You’ve got nothing to lose by putting some effort in - he was willing to do it for you

Reactions: 7
I know it's my own stupid fault for getting emotionally invested before we met (thanks bpd) but I'm equal parts sad and angry right now.
Sorry you were let down. Honestly dating with bpd is an actual nightmare sometimes it just makes what already would feel tit feel a million times worse. 💖💖

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Maybe text him suggesting some other dates so he knows you're still keen to meet?

How long would you have had with him? When you say he was travelling from up north do you mean from North London to South London?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else exchange numbers with someone, have a banter filled fun convo on the phone but then think you’ve probably said everything funny there is to say and cba to talk much more? Or just me? 🙈this is why I’d rather save long convos for actual dates I hate having to put my funny side on for a phone call it’s really exhausting I’m very sleepy now 🤣🤣🙈🙈

@Thank(space)you i have been diagnosed as having traits of BPD, I take rejection really hard, and get attached really easily if I like someone, I feel everything very deeply...I get you 💕 be kind to yourself online dating is possibly the most triggering thing we can do xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve been speaking to someone for a few days and the conversation is actually flowing well but he has a hat on in every photo and it’s makes me nervous hahah

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve been speaking to someone for a few days and the conversation is actually flowing well but he has a hat on in every photo and it’s makes me nervous hahah
Ahhh, the lesser spotted Capfish 🧢 I’m always very wary of those too. And guys who aren’t showing their teeth in any pictures. I’m immediately like… why? 🤨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Aw, look at this. Had been chatting with him for a week. On Monday he made a suggestion about meeting. He was very cute and charming, so I was quite happy about that, considering Tinder is it's usually crappy self and I haven't had a date in six years!!!

Then he goes radio silent and I just got this message.

IMG_20210623_232604.jpg

That was very considerate of him to message me, but it's funny how it makes you feel. Like even though ghosting is sooo infuriating, I just wished he'd unmatched. But if he had have done that, I would have been pissef off 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Aw, look at this. Had been chatting with him for a week. On Monday he made a suggestion about meeting. He was very cute and charming, so I was quite happy about that, considering Tinder is it's usually crappy self and I haven't had a date in six years!!!

Then he goes radio silent and I just got this message.

View attachment 631816

That was very considerate of him to message me, but it's funny how it makes you feel. Like even though ghosting is sooo infuriating, I just wished he'd unmatched. But if he had have done that, I would have been pissef off 🤷‍♀️
I think it's nice. At least you're not left whether you had said something that led to him unmatching you, or kept hanging if he ghosted you.

I know what you mean though, it's like after a date when people send unprompted "thanks but no thanks" texts after..sometimes it doesn't always seem necessary.

Reactions: 10
Hi guys I posted in the last thread about a crappy guy who was giving mixed signals, turns out he was chatting to another girl and I found out they started going out via his IG stories lol. But just wanted to come back and say not to give up hope with finding a lovely guy or gal.

I met a gorgeous guy on hinge at the start of may who had been on the app for 4 days and hated it, we matched on the day he was about to delete it and we have been inseparable since and made it official last week.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned dating on apps/irl for the last 3 years, it’s you’ll never have to question whether someone’s into you if they genuinely are. If anything ever feels wrong in your gut or they’re not putting in the effort you deserve to get to know you, then unfortunately they’re just not interested and are most likely weighing up their options - so kick em to the curb straight! Take care xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think it's nice. At least you're not left whether you had said something that led to him unmatching you, or kept hanging if he ghosted you.

I know what you mean though, it's like after a date when people send unprompted "thanks but no thanks" texts after..sometimes it doesn't always seem necessary.
Funnily enough, if they unmatch it's really annoying but I never wonder why. I don't get into this angst of wondering if it's something I've said, because I know it isn't. I honestly never think it's anything any one of us have said. Heck, I've unmatched with blokes when they've done nothing wrong, but my interest has faded for a variety of reasons.

It has left me more deflated than I would have expected, though. Not because of him personally, but just more like, what is the point 🤷‍♀️

He’s a weirdo get rid 😂 What the hell is he on about. He’s waiting for you to make a move but do you really want to….😐
Aw, haha. He is actually all right, but yes, I do often think 'what the hell is he on about'. Over the past month, I thought a few times about wrapping things up. I think if he really wanted to meet now, he would be locking plans in. As it is, he's getting more vague and wishy washy. I think I might suggest we call time on it today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Hi guys I posted in the last thread about a crappy guy who was giving mixed signals, turns out he was chatting to another girl and I found out they started going out via his IG stories lol. But just wanted to come back and say not to give up hope with finding a lovely guy or gal.

I met a gorgeous guy on hinge at the start of may who had been on the app for 4 days and hated it, we matched on the day he was about to delete it and we have been inseparable since and made it official last week.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned dating on apps/irl for the last 3 years, it’s you’ll never have to question whether someone’s into you if they genuinely are. If anything ever feels wrong in your gut or they’re not putting in the effort you deserve to get to know you, then unfortunately they’re just not interested and are most likely weighing up their options - so kick em to the curb straight! Take care xxx
How lovely to hear something positive! Really happy for you

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've logged out of all social media and dating apps last night. I know what I'm like and my break won't last very long, but I just feel very despondent about it all and need my 5 minutes to be sad and dramatic.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I've logged out of all social media and dating apps last night. I know what I'm like and my break won't last very long, but I just feel very despondent about it all and need my 5 minutes to be sad and dramatic.
I understand and get you. What helps me is knowing these men who don’t behave well to us, might date loads of women but ultimately, they will end up alone. We have a lot of love to give, we definitely won’t 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.