Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When will I learn to listen to you all 🤦🏽‍♀️ meant to have a date tonight with D, the guy who can kind of be a prick sometimes.

We had arranged to meet at 7.30. I got a babysitter and everything. Then 5 minutes ago he messaged cancelling because he's decided to go pub with his mates instead.

I know it's my own stupid fault for getting emotionally invested before we met (thanks bpd) but I'm equal parts sad and angry right now.

Also, the girl I was thinking of asking on a date, A, isn't over her ex so I've decided to just be her friend. Too complicated.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
When will I learn to listen to you all 🤦🏽‍♀️ meant to have a date tonight with D, the guy who can kind of be a prick sometimes.

We had arranged to meet at 7.30. I got a babysitter and everything. Then 5 minutes ago he messaged cancelling because he's decided to go pub with his mates instead.

I know it's my own stupid fault for getting emotionally invested before we met (thanks bpd) but I'm equal parts sad and angry right now.

Also, the girl I was thinking of asking on a date, A, isn't over her ex so I've decided to just be her friend. Too complicated.
Do you have a mate to go out with instead? Save a wasted babysitter!

Reactions: 1

That's so rude of him! What a prick. He'd be getting an unimpressed message + block and delete from me

Reactions: 5

Why would you arrange a date with someone who behaves like a prick?

Reactions: 2
@Thank(space)you That is awful behaviour. What a bleep. Don’t react, just give it your best “Ahh right, fair enough. No worries 😃” as though you give no fucks. I swear men like that thrive on getting a reaction, don’t give him the satisfaction. Just move him to the archive and never reply to another message again. Gobshite.

Reactions: 12
@Thank(space)you That is awful behaviour. What a bleep. Don’t react, just give it your best “Ahh right, fair enough. No worries 😃” as though you give no fucks. I swear men like that thrive on getting a reaction, don’t give him the satisfaction. Just move him to the archive and never reply to another message again. Gobshite.
I wouldn’t even dignify him with a response. He would be blocked on the spot.

Reactions: 9
Do you have a mate to go out with instead? Save a wasted babysitter!
It's my friend who's babysitting, and my other friend is skint, and the final one is on holiday (UK holiday)

Second date to have cancelled this month, maybe I am the problem 🙇🏽‍♀️

Why would you arrange a date with someone who behaves like a prick?
Because he's not always a prick, it's 50/50 and I have terrible taste in men 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

It's my friend who's babysitting, and my other friend is skint, and the final one is on holiday (UK holiday)

Second date to have cancelled this month, maybe I am the problem 🙇🏽‍♀️

Because he's not always a prick, it's 50/50 and I have terrible taste in men 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
He shouldn’t be a prick at any time. It’s teaching him he can get away with it.

• Heart

"OMG, really? You are not just doing it so you don't feel bad wasting my time? Thank you! You see, I actually got a babysitter for tonight so it would be the perfect opportunity to go and see my ex, you know, the one with the great bedroom skills, did I tell you about him? Not sure I did, actually, as you don't seem to be so... hm, well-endowed maybe? In any case, that's perfect! And with my new black silk underwear on, too! It's gonna be a great night, thanks so much again! Oh, and enjoy the greasy spoon!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.