Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't make any more effort. If he wants to date you he'll be back in touch with some suggestions.
1000%. Tempted to just say all the best, cos I never do that when I spot someone isn’t interested and always end up getting hurt/strung along!

1000%. Tempted to just say all the best, cos I never do that when I spot someone isn’t interested and always end up getting hurt/strung along!
I wouldn't even waste time saying that to him tbh. Just move onto the next one.

Reactions: 5
Question: How do you all start conversations on Bumble? Just a 'hey', or something to do with their profile etc?
Yeah I always ask them about something interesting they’ve said about on their profile. If they’ve written nothing I clutch at straws - either compliment their appearance, ask about any tats I see, or ask about a nice destination in their pics 😂

Reactions: 2
Someone help me decipher this 😆

I've been chatting via WhatsApp to my Tinder toyboy for what feels like 29 yrs. Since the first lockdown. He's actually nice. Bit geeky, creative, no ego, etc. Around Christmas he suggested meeting. I wasn't in the mood so fobbed him off. I'm very surprised he has still stuck to messaging me. He does sometimes get on my wick but I've grown used to him (or developed Stockholm Syndrome, as he suggested) 😂

Often, though, his texts leave me scratching my head. He has a very quirky sense of humour and sometimes I have no clue what he's on about. Which I tell him and he laughs about.

He's hinting about once his second jab kicks in then nothing will stop him having fun this summer, but is making no outright suggestions of meeting up. So, what's happening is this slow drip of intermittent texts that feel like they're going nowhere, but with a bit of flirting thrown in.

He sent something the other day and in reply I asked how good his teasing skills were. He replied...

View attachment 630868

What the hell do you reckon he's implying with "tedious titillations"? 😆
He’s a weirdo get rid 😂 What the hell is he on about. He’s waiting for you to make a move but do you really want to….😐

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.