Dating after lockdown #4 The bar for men is so low it's in hell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh sweetie, it’s definitely time for a break and an adoption of the one strike, you’re out policy. Unless there’s a really good excuse (somebody died, they were hospitalised ect) then delete and move on!

You can’t really have done anything wrong because he didn’t even meet you! But perhaps you have a type who aren’t the best for you. Either way, he’s obviously a dick without a sense of humour/conscience and not worth worrying about. Save your tears for those that really matter! ❤

Hey you could be poor old Miguel, who apparently only wants a cuddle but it’s obviously ‘too complicated’! 🤣
Don’t think it’s fair to show faces tbh, would you like your profile shared?

Reactions: 9
I can't believe there are people out there who like someone and that person likes them back then they get into a relationship...an alien concept to me
I couldn’t relate to this more 😂 like how do people get it so easy? I have a friend and every guy she’s liked she’s easily ended up in a relationship with. And yet we all have to sit here sifting through all these tinder weirdos 😂😭

Reactions: 9
Someone help me decipher this 😆

I've been chatting via WhatsApp to my Tinder toyboy for what feels like 29 yrs. Since the first lockdown. He's actually nice. Bit geeky, creative, no ego, etc. Around Christmas he suggested meeting. I wasn't in the mood so fobbed him off. I'm very surprised he has still stuck to messaging me. He does sometimes get on my wick but I've grown used to him (or developed Stockholm Syndrome, as he suggested) 😂

Often, though, his texts leave me scratching my head. He has a very quirky sense of humour and sometimes I have no clue what he's on about. Which I tell him and he laughs about.

He's hinting about once his second jab kicks in then nothing will stop him having fun this summer, but is making no outright suggestions of meeting up. So, what's happening is this slow drip of intermittent texts that feel like they're going nowhere, but with a bit of flirting thrown in.

He sent something the other day and in reply I asked how good his teasing skills were. He replied...

IMG_20210623_125658.jpg

What the hell do you reckon he's implying with "tedious titillations"? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Only a man that is using you will duck off after sex.
Yesterday I had a date with the lad I’m seeing. He wakes me up with good morning texts, tells me how excited he is for days before, we have a nice date and have sex a few times when we get home. He texts me as soon as he gets home, tells me how much he enjoys being with me, texts me all evening and continues towhile he’s at the pub watching the football and until he goes to sleep. Texts me before I wake up again this morning and then repeat until we see each other again.

Stop settling for lads that make no effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If I was a dick, I’d expect someone to!
Besides if he’s super hot then you’d expect him to say he doesn’t date overweight, albeit not quite so eloquently! 🤣

Someone help me decipher this 😆

I've been chatting via WhatsApp to my Tinder toyboy for what feels like 29 yrs. Since the first lockdown. He's actually nice. Bit geeky, creative, no ego, etc. Around Christmas he suggested meeting. I wasn't in the mood so fobbed him off. I'm very surprised he has still stuck to messaging me. He does sometimes get on my wick but I've grown used to him (or developed Stockholm Syndrome, as he suggested) 😂

Often, though, his texts leave me scratching my head. He has a very quirky sense of humour and sometimes I have no clue what he's on about. Which I tell him and he laughs about.

He's hinting about once his second jab kicks in then nothing will stop him having fun this summer, but is making no outright suggestions of meeting up. So, what's happening is this slow drip of intermittent texts that feel like they're going nowhere, but with a bit of flirting thrown in.

He sent something the other day and in reply I asked how good his teasing skills were. He replied...

View attachment 630868

What the hell do you reckon he's implying with "tedious titillations"? 😆
Tedious titillations are just Sexual innuendo that isn’t basically sexting! Just enough to appeal, but not mutual masturbation fodder! I like his style! 🤣

Absolutely. C'mon, surely we all know by now that very rarely is it anything we've done. Look at how many of us here have the exact same stories to share. He kept cancelling. He was a bloody time waster and now he's proven it.
I get this. I understand and really trying to tell my brain this. I’ve been going through some tit (I know everyone is) and recently lost a relative too. Honestly I think I’ve just hit rock bottom but then add a couple of layers even lower than that 😂🤦🏾‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Besides if he’s super hot then you’d expect him to say he doesn’t date overweight, albeit not quite so eloquently! 🤣

Tedious titillations are just Sexual innuendo that isn’t basically sexting! Just enough to appeal, but not mutual masturbation fodder! I like his style! 🤣
Can I just say I had one of these back in 2016, when I first met my ex and he was doing the ‘we’re not serious’ blah. This guy was 29, absolutely stunning and a body I can only describe as ‘made for sin’. We ‘sexted’ for 2 years on and off and then finally he wanted to meet and get it on. We went for drinks (which I wasn’t fussed about) and then went back to mine and he couldn’t keep it up. 2 years of epic sexual tenaion and I still will never know if he’s any good. We still chat every now and then, but no longer pursue each other after his ‘embarrassment’! I’m actually still quite fond of him as a person haha 🤷🏼‍♀️

@thunderfook So that is an actual term? I've never even heard it before, haha. I'm glad I asked because I thought he was being funny (sarky).
Well he is being sarcastic (and clearly is eccentric), but it is quite amusing! 🤣

It has happened again. A guy I had in the background and was texting kinda but I liked the 47 year old more lol (he ghosted see other posts) he cancelled first date due to work and then sent me the booking confirmation where he rescheduled it at the same restaurant for the following week.

That week came around and he thought it was for Thursday not Wednesday I didn’t mind as I couldn’t be arsed was too hot and my asthma was giving me stress so I was fine with that. We then said we’ll try again this week fast forward to last night. In the middle of texting he said he’s going back to Canada for business, house has sold etc for a few weeks.

I was like ok cool good luck maybe we can arrange when you return. He was like yep can’t wait and he sounded keen and eager. I made a joke about him cancelling again and how this is case for wasted time and inconvenience (literally what I thought was tongue in cheek) before i sent a haha he blocked me, blocked me on tinder, I messaged on Instagram to literally say I was joking) and he blocked me there on his accounts and my two accounts everything.

Like I don’t get it? I keep thinking something is maybe suspicious but my brain automatically goes to what did I do wrong here. I don’t know if everyone is moving mad or it’s me.

so now I’ve deleted every app and paused/hidden my accounts because I cannot cope.

*Cries in fed up girl*
You didn't do anything wrong, you had a lucky escape.

Think about it: he messes up two dates in a row, then tells you about going to Canada (what a coincidence) and then doesn't get a joke (that was maybe to close to the truth) and goes on a blocking spree.
This guy has more donuts in his brain than Homer Simpson. I am glad you don't need to waste even more time on him.

You deserve so much more! Think about your standards and all the wonderful things you have to offer ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You didn't do anything wrong, you had a lucky escape.

Think about it: he messes up two dates in a row, then tells you about going to Canada (what a coincidence) and then doesn't get a joke (that was maybe to close to the truth) and goes on a blocking spree.
This guy has more donuts in his brain than Homer Simpson. I am glad you don't need to waste even more time on him.

You deserve so much more! Think about your standards and all the wonderful things you have to offer ❤
Also aren’t UK citizens on the red list for Canada?

I’m sure we can all agree, he’s a keeper! 🤣

Wow, that's very clear.

I feel a bit sad now. Probably a sign that you might be right.
Wow I did not get that from what you said. I thought you were actually dating him and it was early days and he wasn’t as communicative as you’d like, but you still spoke and not just about hooking up at the weekends. You’d know if it was just sexual I think.

Attachments

Last edited:
Didn’t appear to be a dick though, there’s a difference between someone being a dick and mocking someone ... some people seem to just hate men in general on here!
You thought him dickish enough for you to post his eloquent wording about his desire to not date ‘fat people’ though I see! I can’t imagine a nice man would say that! I get his point, I wouldn’t either, but I also wouldn’t say it quite like that!

Oh and none of us hate men per se, we are only here to talk about our experiences with idiot men and mostly tongue in cheek these days! There’s a whole other thread to talk about hating men.

Reactions: 3
Can I just say I had one of these back in 2016, when I first met my ex and he was doing the ‘we’re not serious’ blah. This guy was 29, absolutely stunning and a body I can only describe as ‘made for sin’. We ‘sexted’ for 2 years on and off and then finally he wanted to meet and get it on. We went for drinks (which I wasn’t fussed about) and then went back to mine and he couldn’t keep it up. 2 years of epic sexual tenaion and I still will never know if he’s any good. We still chat every now and then, but no longer pursue each other after his ‘embarrassment’!

Well he is being sarcastic (and clearly is eccentric), but it is quite amusing! 🤣
Oh god. He is definitely eccentric 😆 I was actually sexting with some younger, fit blokes during lockdown but, restrictions aside, I don't think I could ever bring myself to meet someone I'd sexted with. The ick could be so strong, I don't think I'd have the stomach for it 😆

Me and this bloke never went down that route, though, funny enough. But it is getting to the point of either meeting (drink not hook up) or sticking a fork in it.

You thought him dickish enough for you to post his eloquent wording about his desire to not date ‘fat people’ though I see! I can’t imagine a nice man would say that! I get his point, I wouldn’t either, but I also wouldn’t say it quite like that!

Oh and none of us hate men per se, we are only here to talk about our experiences with idiot men and mostly tongue in cheek these days! There’s a whole other thread to talk about hating men.
None of us hate men, if you read our posts we are going at this with the best of intentions but becoming jaded and depressed because of the Calibre of the manners of the idiots we are encountering.
i don’t think sharing an anonymous profile (which might be fake anyway) is anyway near as upsetting as the way we get treated by these cockwombles who sure as hell are on tattle reading our posts- they are out looking for more victims.
this is a safe space for us to speak freely and share without judgement.
I hope I speak for everyone on here 💕💕

None of us hate men, if you read our posts we are going at this with the best of intentions but becoming jaded and depressed because of the Calibre of the manners of the idiots we are encountering.
i don’t think sharing an anonymous profile (which might be fake anyway) is anyway near as upsetting as the way we get treated by these cockwombles who sure as hell are on tattle reading our posts- they are out looking for more victims.
@thunderfook i quoted your post sorry I’m crap at this I meant to quote the other post sorry xx

Reactions: 6
Of course sharing experiences!! Online dating isn’t a good experience for anyone and I have done myself, don’t lump that together with sharing someone’s photos who doesn’t know. There’s a reason the admin has removed those pics.

Oh god. He is definitely eccentric 😆 I was actually sexting with some younger, fit blokes during lockdown but, restrictions aside, I don't think I could ever bring myself to meet someone I'd sexted with. The ick could be so strong, I don't think I'd have the stomach for it 😆

Me and this bloke never went down that route, though, funny enough. But it is getting to the point of either meeting (drink not hook up) or sticking a fork in it.
Eccentric is good if they are smart. I can’t stand the one’s who claim to be eccentric, but are definitely just weirdo’s.

Well it’s been going on long enough that you would have a good laugh together if nothing else, but you did say he plans to go wild this Summer, so it’s not going to grow into anything other than friendship or dating and sex.

Of course sharing experiences!! Online dating isn’t a good experience for anyone and I have done myself, don’t lump that together with sharing someone’s photos who doesn’t know. There’s a reason the admin has removed those pics.
Admin hasn’t removed any pictures. Nor have we been told not to share (someone did ask the question earlier in this feed). Whether you choose to share pictures is up to you. I don’t agree with your opinion on the subject, but my original point was you can’t just share a flippant comment from a guy and not give us a chance to judge whether he’s fit enough to say that or is just punching above his weight and be an hole! Your moral judgement is yours and mine is mine. We have to agree to disagree, but I do think you rather contradicted yourself on that one!

Anyway. I can’t be bothered to continue this. Let’s just say that Randy (a name no British man would ever be given because it has rude connotations) is real, is not a dick and is perfectly entitled to insist on only perfect woman swiping on him. Case closed.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.