Dating after lockdown #30 WHY ARE MEN SO BORING

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hoping everyone is doing ok šŸ˜˜ Iā€™m feeling a little better, itā€™s not the no messages that bother me (I think his life is spiralling and Iā€™m no longer useful) itā€™s the relief that so far I havenā€™t had a nasty text saying he doesnā€™t want to see me, purely because Iā€™ve got a big weekend coming up and I could do without any upset..I know I know I could block him, but I feel if I do it looks like Iā€™m bothered rather than as some of you have said just carrying on with life which I intend to do! Hereā€™s hoping for continued silence šŸ™ŒšŸ»
tbh I think itā€™s the opposite. When you leave the line of communication open it will seem to him like youā€™re still available. Blocking him imo shows that you absolutely do not want to hear from him at all

Reactions: 16
I think there is a balance between making the first move and laying all your cards on the table. Might I suggest you send something like ā€œFancy doing something next week? I was thinking doing [insert activity] could be fun.ā€

The fact youā€™re reaching out to him shows youā€™re interested, you donā€™t yet need to quantify how much you like him. Sometimes sharing that can make a person step back because they feel too much pressure, or find it too much too soon (worried about the person being clingy) or conversely, they could lean in and pursue their own agenda because they know theyā€™ve ā€˜got it in the bagā€™ so to speak.
Thatā€™s a brilliant way to put it, thanks a lot! Youā€™re so much wiser and level-headed than me šŸ˜Œ I know I can be too much when I like someone, Iā€™m trying my best to keep my anxious attachment and self-esteem issues at bay but itā€™s a work in progressā€¦Gonna text him today and see what he says, otherwise I will drive myself mad with all the overthinking.
tbh I think itā€™s the opposite. When you leave the line of communication open it will seem to him like youā€™re still available. Blocking him imo shows that you absolutely do not want to hear from him at all
Exactly this @freezelouise43! I have a feeling that you are too kind to kick him out of your life so blocking would be the safest option. Please donā€™t let him waste any more of your time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I get that but it looks like Iā€™m bothered, which i always like to show the world Iā€™m notā€¦as @Clickbait said, would I get angry at a platonic friend for not responding? Probably notā€¦yes I am extremely hurt considering we have gotten so close but I also would prefer him never to know that, then he doesnā€™t affect my life xx

Reactions: 2
I get that but it looks like Iā€™m bothered, which i always like to show the world Iā€™m notā€¦as @Clickbait said, would I get angry at a platonic friend for not responding? Probably notā€¦yes I am extremely hurt considering we have gotten so close but I also would prefer him never to know that, then he doesnā€™t affect my life xx
no but I would get angry and block a platonic friend who had treated me the way heā€™s treated you

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thatā€™s a brilliant way to put it, thanks a lot! Youā€™re so much wiser and level-headed than me šŸ˜Œ I know I can be too much when I like someone, Iā€™m trying my best to keep my anxious attachment and self-esteem issues at bay but itā€™s a work in progressā€¦Gonna text him today and see what he says, otherwise I will drive myself mad with all the overthinking.

Exactly this @freezelouise43! I have a feeling that you are too kind to kick him out of your life so blocking would be the safest option. Please donā€™t let him waste any more of your time.
I think I should probdbly give a bit more context into ā€œmeā€ā€¦how I have handled him so far is to maintain the charade that we are ā€œjustā€ friends, Iā€™ve told him what he does when heā€™s not with he is none of my business and as a single person he can do as he pleases. Do I feel this way? Nope! Do I feel like I donā€™t want him to think I care, yes šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆā€¦itā€™s like a self protection thing to hold my head up, especially since I have mutual friends, I donā€™t want to feel like a fool. So now, I canā€™t backtrack and call him out on it, Iā€™ve kind of not helped myself have I? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
I have a date this evening with a guy I've been chatting with on Bumble since last week. We are going for some riverside drinks after work. He has been very responsive on Bumble, and his messages are thoughtful, but...we all know how that can go šŸ˜‚ Either way, I'll keep an open mind for a few hours this evening šŸ¤žšŸ»

• Heart
I think I should probdbly give a bit more context into ā€œmeā€ā€¦how I have handled him so far is to maintain the charade that we are ā€œjustā€ friends, Iā€™ve told him what he does when heā€™s not with he is none of my business and as a single person he can do as he pleases. Do I feel this way? Nope! Do I feel like I donā€™t want him to think I care, yes šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆā€¦itā€™s like a self protection thing to hold my head up, especially since I have mutual friends, I donā€™t want to feel like a fool. So now, I canā€™t backtrack and call him out on it, Iā€™ve kind of not helped myself have I? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I mean Iā€™d argue blocking him doesnā€™t make you look like a fool it makes you look like somebody who is refusing to let someone pick you up then throw you away when they choose. Make no mistake that man knows exactly what he is doing and how he is treating you. Leaving the channels of communication open just seems like a sign to him that he can continue dropping in and out when he wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can only repeat my previous post. You need to stop caring what he thinks of you. You're still holding his evaluation of your actions in higher regard than your own.

And there is no shame in finally having had enough. You don't need to JADE yourself to other people either.

Block him or not, whatever feels better, but do so because YOU want to, not because other people might think x y or z of you.

And being authentic with your wants and needs will help you avoid future situations like these.

• Heart
You can do whatever the duck you want! So block, delete and move on. Take control, at the moment he's running this tit show. He's not a friend and you don't need him in your life. Put yourself first for a change ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@freezelouise43 I shared my similar situation with you earlier. I was on the verge of blocking mine when I went into my phone to see he's already blocked me on WhatsApp. No doubt languishing in the arms of his new true love. šŸ˜ It was like a sword through my heart. So many dark days ahead after that and yet, like you, I had jumped into the fire willingly. It's so hard to accept things have ended on their side.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Dickpic guy keeps messaging me and yet I've not replied since he sent the pictures šŸ˜«šŸ¤£
Just to warn you all, bumble may blur photos and warn you they may be explicit... you can clearly see through the blur what they are! šŸ˜¬

I'm really mopey about my friend today and just wanna message to get a definite answer as to whether we are gonna establish a fun relationship as we discussed šŸ™ƒ but we haven't spoken for a week now and I bet he wouldn't reply until Monday if he did

Just feeling today that if I know its going nowhere there I can try and make more effort on the apps* and get what I want from somewhere else...
I think I just want attention, rather than it directly from my friend but I'd prefer the latter šŸ™ƒ

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
He should 100% be made aware that his actions towards you have been awful. To be honest you acting that your oblivious and not caring to it is probably enabling him even more to treat you this way. Did you mention another friend who calls him out on stuff and he has much more time and respect for her? Some men can be egotistical and misogynistic and get kicks out of how he is treating you. And you acting nonchalant is actually giving him push over vibes.

I feel like the last time you met you said you had been messaging on holidays and did you tell him something along the lines of the strong feelings you had for him? And he reciprocated and then you met him when you came home and it's been zilch since?
In my opinion there is absolutely no way he could think you do not care about this situation if those were the last conversations you have had.
If it was me I'd send him a message calling him out on that last interaction and all the previous ones. Wish him well but tell him you don't have a place in your life for someone who treats you like that and then block.
The way you are speaking atm it sounds like if he pops into your inbox in a week or two you would respond with open arms just to keep up the charade that "you don't care."
I know it's easier for us on the outside looking in but I do hope you take control x

• Heart
This is where I feel a "Go duck yourself asshole" is actually very appropriate. Yes I do care! I care very much that you have used, manipulated me & discard me at will (you don't write that but) then feel the anger. The anger is your gateway to freedom. šŸ˜”
---
Most of it is not being honest with yourself.

• Heart
@freezelouise43 I shared my similar situation with you earlier. I was on the verge of blocking mine when I went into my phone to see he's already blocked me on WhatsApp. No doubt languishing in the arms of his new true love. šŸ˜ It was like a sword through my heart. So many dark days ahead after that and yet, like you, I had jumped into the fire willingly. It's so hard to accept things have ended on their side.
I know I feel that train is on its way to my station! Iā€™m not good at being assertive and taking control of things, I kind of wish he would do something like that so I can just mourn it in my own wayā€¦i think with him itā€™s defo to do with his ex wife, I often wish them to get back together so I can resign myself to fate! All the facts are staring me in the face and yet I bury my head in the sand šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ. Did the same thing happen with you? Just one day stopped replying xx

Reactions: 1
@Agent Cooper I never got around to saying well done for putting the plank ghoster under the spotlight. I loved it & so much more dignified than my fantasy of smashing up the guitars etc šŸ™‚
---
@freezelouise43 Yes it was all staring me in the face but it didn't suit my inner scenario that he was as bonded to me as I was to him. The whole thing was crazy but looking back so much of it was me trying to control the situation with fantasy & imagination. You know you're going to have to experience this pain but seriously you need to dig deep inside and find your buried anger. All the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Agent Cooper I never got around to saying well done for putting the plank ghoster under the spotlight. I loved it & so much more dignified than my fantasy of smashing up the guitars etc šŸ™‚
---
@freezelouise43 Yes it was all staring me in the face but it didn't suit my inner scenario that he was as bonded to me as I was to him. The whole thing was crazy but looking back so much of it was me trying to control the situation with fantasy & imagination. You know you're going to have to experience this pain but seriously you need to dig deep inside and find your buried anger. All the best.
Thank youā€¦he mentioned last time divorce and money troubles so in order to process it I have to think that he isnā€™t someone I need in my life as his isnā€™t good, we are supposed to be going away next month for the weekend, I will be cancelling the hotel today! Xx

• Heart
In fairness I agree with this despite saying upthread don't block just ignore. I think the issue is without you blocking him he still has some sort of control, he either does or doesn't message and you know about it. If you block him it might not be what you want but at least it's on your terms x
---
Thank youā€¦he mentioned last time divorce and money troubles so in order to process it I have to think that he isnā€™t someone I need in my life as his isnā€™t good, we are supposed to be going away next month for the weekend, I will be cancelling the hotel today! Xx
Wtf, you're going away but it's you who booked (and now has to.cancel)! duck him sis

Reactions: 8
He should 100% be made aware that his actions towards you have been awful. To be honest you acting that your oblivious and not caring to it is probably enabling him even more to treat you this way. Did you mention another friend who calls him out on stuff and he has much more time and respect for her? Some men can be egotistical and misogynistic and get kicks out of how he is treating you. And you acting nonchalant is actually giving him push over vibes.

I feel like the last time you met you said you had been messaging on holidays and did you tell him something along the lines of the strong feelings you had for him? And he reciprocated and then you met him when you came home and it's been zilch since?
In my opinion there is absolutely no way he could think you do not care about this situation if those were the last conversations you have had.
If it was me I'd send him a message calling him out on that last interaction and all the previous ones. Wish him well but tell him you don't have a place in your life for someone who treats you like that and then block.
The way you are speaking atm it sounds like if he pops into your inbox in a week or two you would respond with open arms just to keep up the charade that "you don't care."
I know it's easier for us on the outside looking in but I do hope you take control x
Thank you for your message šŸ˜˜the other friend (who was my friend but isnā€™t now over him) has a lot more history- she was also friends with his ex wife until she started sleeping with him. She has a lot of issues and was sectioned last year, sheā€™s agressive and unpredictable and I do think yes she takes him to task on thingsā€¦we are just such totally different people.
Youā€™re right, he absolutely knows how I feel and I doubt he has any respect for me, and coming to terms with it now he doesnā€™t care about my existenceā€¦I wish when we split up couple years ago I had been more assertive, I think itā€™s hard to change the narrative now. My holiday we spoke so much about doing things together and when he left after his visit I couldnā€™t wipe the smile off my face, things were going in the right direction! he text me when he got home thanking me for the gifts and saying how glad he was I was back. We spoke briefly last Tuesday when I had a work issue I wanted advice onā€¦Sunday I asked him if he was having a nice weekendā€¦crickets.
my other friend keeps asking me now itā€™s going, I donā€™t want to tell her that heā€™s ignored me for over a weekā€¦Iā€™ll just smile and say fine, otherwise the 2 friends may talk about me and how heā€™s screwed me over again and what an idiot I am, I donā€™t want that šŸ˜¢
I will probably end up telling him how heā€™s treated me. Tomorrow I am going away with a group of girls and I only know 1 of them, so Iā€™m a bit reluctant to say anything that will make me upset and I donā€™t want to ruin anyoneā€™s weekend xx
---
This is where I feel a "Go duck yourself asshole" is actually very appropriate. Yes I do care! I care very much that you have used, manipulated me & discard me at will (you don't write that but) then feel the anger. The anger is your gateway to freedom. šŸ˜”
---
Most of it is not being honest with yourself.
That might be a Monday morning task! Maybe someone finally needs to tell him xx

• Heart
Hoping everyone is doing ok šŸ˜˜ Iā€™m feeling a little better, itā€™s not the no messages that bother me (I think his life is spiralling and Iā€™m no longer useful) itā€™s the relief that so far I havenā€™t had a nasty text saying he doesnā€™t want to see me, purely because Iā€™ve got a big weekend coming up and I could do without any upset..I know I know I could block him, but I feel if I do it looks like Iā€™m bothered rather than as some of you have said just carrying on with life which I intend to do! Hereā€™s hoping for continued silence šŸ™ŒšŸ»
the way youā€™ve worded this strongly implies that you were expecting a ā€œnasty textā€ which has its own issues, has he done that before? you also imply that you donā€™t want ā€œany upsetā€ - has he done that before? you mentioned in another post that he has been aggressive with you previously.

iā€™m going to be really blunt here, and paraphrase clickbaitā€™s earlier reply to you, i think youā€™re not blocking him because deep down youā€™re hoping that one day he will ā€œwake upā€ and see that he wants to be with you. he has given you no indication this will be the case. the only way to guarantee continued silence is to block him.

the way you describe his behaviour towards you, the way he speaks about other women and your anticipation of him kicking off if you stand up for yourself is deeply deeply worrying. i feel like you cannot see this because you obviously have such strong feelings about him. only you can truly want to block him. but i personally deeply feel that you should. iā€™m probably going to get called out for being judgemental again but iā€™ll take it on this one. block him.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
the way youā€™ve worded this strongly implies that you were expecting a ā€œnasty textā€ which has its own issues, has he done that before? you also imply that you donā€™t want ā€œany upsetā€ - has he done that before? you mentioned in another post that he has been aggressive with you previously.

iā€™m going to be really blunt here, and paraphrase clickbaitā€™s earlier reply to you, i think youā€™re not blocking him because deep down youā€™re hoping that one day he will ā€œwake upā€ and see that he wants to be with you. he has given you no indication this will be the case. the only way to guarantee continued silence is to block him.

the way you describe his behaviour towards you, the way he speaks about other women and your anticipation of him kicking off if you stand up for yourself is deeply deeply worrying. i feel like you cannot see this because you obviously have such strong feelings about him. only you can truly want to block him. but i personally deeply feel that you should. iā€™m probably going to get called out for being judgemental again but iā€™ll take it on this one. block him.

Yes heā€™s agressive when cornered. Hes very articulate. He has 3 moods- love bombing, promises he canā€™t keep, dismissive or agressive. When he ended our initial relationship he spent 15 mins on the phone explaining why he didnā€™t want me or had any feelings for meā€¦he said ā€œyou take care nowā€ and hung up. That was during covid I was totally alone and it took a long time to build myself back up. But (and Iā€™ll be really honest here, because I feel you all put so much effort into your advice) heā€™s like a drug. The sex is so intensely good I was left craving it after he left. Of course I did move on, but nothing felt like that, ever again. So when I bumped into him again, and he started showing me attention I was hooked. I hated that my friend (who didnā€™t even want him) was sleeping with him and I felt so pleased he was back I. My life.
so, it could of been just a few hook ups here and there..but over the last fewmonths I felt we had built a consistent friendship, we would laugh and Connect on so many levels. It was always him that asked to meet up, never me. Last time he was here he said heā€™d like to meet my mom which of course Iā€™m notgoing to let him do as heā€™s not in a relationship withme. So to go now to cricketsā€¦this isnā€™t his usual style xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.