Dating after lockdown #30 WHY ARE MEN SO BORING

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this all sounds very positive! I wouldn't care about how far you went on the first date, if he's a dick he's a dick and will show you that soon but if not, he also won't think anything of what ye did. I also wouldn't read too much into what he said about not promising you a relationship that's fair enough when you are still getting to know each other! Let us know if you hear anything! ❤

@freezelouise43 I'm sorry I have to agree with all the replies here especially when you said he always disappoints you 😕❤

@Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes I say Go For It! It sounds like the chat is focused on one thing and you're both on the same page! I know you will, but at least try to repay the favour anyway! 😉 Have fun!

I had a nightmare of a day yesterday! Not only was work absolutely mental but 1. The guy who said those nasty things to me Friday night text me telling me he was in the same county as me. As if nothing had happened! What the actual F 😳

Then in the afternoon I got a very long message from a guy I'd been seeing for 3 months at the end of last year, beginning of this year saying how he missed me and if I didn't want to meet up for dinner would I consider being friends. I don't want to get into it too much as to the reasons why I ended it but long story short; aggressive behaviour, could not hold a conversation without getting defensive, commented on the cleanliness of my house (I'm so proud and love to clean) and I found out things after about further aggressive behaviour. I've never once regretted it and needless to say I replied, keeping it short and sweet to say I was in a good place and I didn't want to go back there but I genuinely wished him well. Absolutely no way I was even starting a conversation there. I was only waiting for a text from my ex fiance to complete the madness 🙈

Still chatting to P on phone and text. Did move a little more flirtatious too 😊
Hope you're all well ❤
I haven’t been on in days but @Sunflower
Hello everyone. I've been part of this thread for a long time but stopped commenting almost 7 months ago.
I believe some of you will remember me, I was dating a guy who lied about his age. That was a major red flag, you'll say. Yes, it was. But I wanted to give him a chance so I did.
We've been together since that time. I never connected with anyone the way I did with him. I met his family and friends, been together at parties, went on trips, behaved completely as a couple. Things were clear, we were not bf and gf but I was completely ok with that since he asked me to be exclusive anyway. He called me 2-3 times a day every day. I never felt confused, or insecure, I knew his phone password (never looked at his stuff tho), slept at his several times a week, I didn't need more than that, I was happy with him.
Then 3 weeks ago we had a conversation about what we wanted in life bc things were getting serious and I had a few travels abroad planned, he asked what was I going to do. We decided to take some time to think and he said when you're ready I'm here to talk. I didn't see or speak to him till yesterday. We decided we wanted the same things so that meant staying together. Before deciding this, I asked if he wanted to change the exclusivity of the relationship or something. He said no, I don't want to see other people. Ok then.
We spent the afternoon together. We had sex. After that, I couldn't find one of my earrings so checked under the bed. There was a condom packet on the floor.
I asked him about it. He said he had not seen other people, that that could be there from "god knows when" because that bed is unmovable (that IS true, but seriously???).
I said, look, I asked you if you wanted to see other people and you said no. And I'm not going to get mad if you did. I'm just asking you to tell me the truth. We're not going to stop seeing each other, I said. He denied it over and over and over again, no matter what I said. "I don't need to be with other people, I just want to be with you, I don't want things to change," he said.
I'm not mad at him for doing it. I'm mad because he doesn't have the balls to tell me he did. Why would he keep lying if I said that that wasn't going to change things for me?
I don't even know what to feel, think or believe anymore. I feel like I turned off and don't have feelings anymore. I cannot even cry.
Thank you if you read this, and I'm sorry if my spelling is not perfect. English is not my first language.
To be fair about the unmovable bed thing. The condom wrapper could have been there for a long time. I’ve a bed that’s the same and it’s a fight to push it over to hoover around the edges of the floor and I have found a few odd socks that I’ve searched high and low for 😬

Reactions: 3
I’m talking to guy who just keeps on inviting me out when I’m least expecting it — we can be talking about politics and he just goes like ‘I’m at XYZ, come join me?’ 😶 That’s exactly why we haven’t met yet, I’m high maintenance and can’t do dates like this. We haven’t been able to schedule anything apart from that, do I just block him?

Texted Vincent Vega to arrange a date next week (we are both busy this weekend) and he said he would reply later in the day. It’s been like 9 hours and nada. I know he might be busy at work, running errands or drinking with friends, but I’m still sitting here overthinking every single word he said to me. What a way to spend my Friday evening.

I’m 99% sure I’m off the apps for good if nothing works out with my current matches. Dating is just so draining and probably not worth a couple of good kisses.

Aww that’s exciting! Sounds like he is into you so please try not too worry too much or you will drive yourself crazy ❤ Most men are weird and can’t communicate properly, so there is no point in trying to decipher their actions. Just try to take things slow and enjoy these early days!
I’d just be upfront with the first guy. I too hate it when they don’t make an effort so I usually go with: “If this is how you ask a lady out, my answer is no.” There is no shame in telling him to make an effort.
If he’s already pulling this crap before a date, imagine how low effort he’ll be two years in. 😳

Reactions: 7
I’m talking to guy who just keeps on inviting me out when I’m least expecting it — we can be talking about politics and he just goes like ‘I’m at XYZ, come join me?’ 😶 That’s exactly why we haven’t met yet, I’m high maintenance and can’t do dates like this. We haven’t been able to schedule anything apart from that, do I just block him?

Texted Vincent Vega to arrange a date next week (we are both busy this weekend) and he said he would reply later in the day. It’s been like 9 hours and nada. I know he might be busy at work, running errands or drinking with friends, but I’m still sitting here overthinking every single word he said to me. What a way to spend my Friday evening.

I’m 99% sure I’m off the apps for good if nothing works out with my current matches. Dating is just so draining and probably not worth a couple of good kisses.

Aww that’s exciting! Sounds like he is into you so please try not too worry too much or you will drive yourself crazy ❤ Most men are weird and can’t communicate properly, so there is no point in trying to decipher their actions. Just try to take things slow and enjoy these early days!
I had a message from a guy I matched with at 2pm. His first message to me was (verbatim!) 'that's a face I would love to wake up to every morning, I say we skip the small talk and go on a date tonight :love:'.

First of all, tell me you're only after one thing without telling me you're only after one thing.

Secondly, I can't just drop my life for you.

Thirdly (and imo most importantly), it was a bleeping thursday. That's a school night my friend. I have work the next day.

I replied asking him if a woman had ever gone for that and he unmatched which told me that he was only after sex after all.

Reactions: 12
@Agent Cooper yes 💙 I'm gonna try to relax a bit even if we text less this weekend, he said he's busy... and we have next Friday to look forward to so.
Did your guy ever respond about the next date? :(

@Sunflower16 He does seem keen at the moment yeah, and even if anything changes he does seem like an honest guy so will just see.

I'm glad to hear your 2nd date went well:love:

I actually just remembered before me and this guy had sex I literally said to him I tend to get attached easily after sex, does that scare you and he said no😂😂😂

Anyway I've woken up with a sore throat AND a bleeping UTI today so I'm actually glad I didn't choose Sunday to meet again I'd probably have to cancel. I'm going to get antibiotics now but if anyone has any tips for getting rid of a UTI please let me know...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you @IGiveUp22 @Sunflower16 @MsCurly @shadowcat5 ❤ I told him exactly that and he’s disappeared, gonna block him if we do not manage to arrange on my terms in the next couple of days.

Apparently Vincent Vega is more into FWB than I thought…He agreed to go out with me but said he was not emotionally or financially ready to date seriously 🙃 I am not sure I am ready either and I appreciate his honesty, but he is just making things more difficult than they already are. As I’ve said, no more Tinder for me until I sort myself out properly — gonna ask my therapist what I’m doing wrong and how to fix that. I want to focus on myself and my happiness first.
I'm going to get antibiotics now but if anyone has any tips for getting rid of a UTI please let me know...
Cranberry juice sis! Get well soon ❤

• Heart
Call me difficult, but I find it a bit insulting to just presume the other person has nothing to do and they’re available at your beck and call? At least in the context of dating/seeing each other, it just says, I knew you wouldn’t have other plans bc you’re waiting on me to communicate, so you’ll jump at the chance when I offer a crumb to you.

This is what men duck up with friends with benefits/casual sex, they don’t understand that you still have to communicate and plan to get meet ups sorted, vague plans and spur of the moment ones don’t work.
---
'm going to get antibiotics now but if anyone has any tips for getting rid of a UTI please let me know...
Drink water but not too much water so you’re in unbearable pain, will flush it out. The sugar in cranberry juice can actually feed the infection and make it worse, it’s a bit of a misnomer, so avoid!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Agent Cooper yes 💙 I'm gonna try to relax a bit even if we text less this weekend, he said he's busy... and we have next Friday to look forward to so.

@Sunflower16 He does seem keen at the moment yeah, and even if anything changes he does seem like an honest guy so will just see.

I actually just remembered before me and this guy had sex I literally said to him I tend to get attached easily after sex, does that scare you and he said no😂😂😂

Anyway I've woken up with a sore throat AND a bleeping UTI today so I'm actually glad I didn't choose Sunday to meet again I'd probably have to cancel. I'm going to get antibiotics now but if anyone has any tips for getting rid of a UTI please let me know...
Ahem, pee in a warm bath or under the shower nozzle. Hopefully you get antibiotic x

Reactions: 4

Oh no you poor thing 😢 Yes get yourself an antibiotic, for me anyway, it's the only thing that helps. Feel better soon ❤
---
Thank you @IGiveUp22 @Sunflower16 @MsCurly @shadowcat5 ❤ I told him exactly that and he’s disappeared, gonna block him if we do not manage to arrange on my terms in the next couple of days.

Apparently Vincent Vega is more into FWB than I thought…He agreed to go out with me but said he was not emotionally or financially ready to date seriously 🙃 I am not sure I am ready either and I appreciate his honesty, but he is just making things more difficult than they already are. As I’ve said, no more Tinder for me until I sort myself out properly — gonna ask my therapist what I’m doing wrong and how to fix that. I want to focus on myself and my happiness first.

Cranberry juice sis! Get well soon ❤
I'm not a therapist obviously but I genuinely don't think you're doing anything wrong by what you've told us here anyway. Its at least something that VV was honest with you anyway. If your therapist gives you any advice please feel free to share 😅
---
Call me difficult, but I find it a bit insulting to just presume the other person has nothing to do and they’re available at your beck and call? At least in the context of dating/seeing each other, it just says, I knew you wouldn’t have other plans bc you’re waiting on me to communicate, so you’ll jump at the chance when I offer a crumb to you.

This is what men duck up with friends with benefits/casual sex, they don’t understand that you still have to communicate and plan to get meet ups sorted, vague plans and spur of the moment ones don’t work.
---

Drink water but not too much water so you’re in unbearable pain, will flush it out. The sugar in cranberry juice can actually feed the infection and make it worse, it’s a bit of a misnomer, so avoid!
Completely agree! Also never knew that about cranberry juice! 😳

We need a new thread title!! Never suggested one before but mine is inspired by the general theme "Tired of the apps and the shifty/weird chaps"
Although maybe chaps only means men in Ireland 😅
Another is "The men on Bumble - only looking for a fumble"

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Agent Cooper so good that you're focusing on yourself now ❤ i don't think this vincent vega is worth any more of your time. you have such a good head on your shoulders and deserve someone who is 100% about you and ready to see you. only when you are ready as well though! ❤

@Sunflower16 @jedwad87 @Clementine @blueblue i got antibiotics! i had no idea that cranberry juice was a myth... everyone on reddit is saying to drink it so i bought a bottle? :unsure: i also bought these sachets from boots with sodium citrate in. going to drink loads of water anyway! thank you girlies

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My second date in Thursday he done an impression of me, mocking me and sexist. I was really shocked as I was expecting more form him. I have thought back on the conversation often. I do not feel I'm being overly sensitive. He smokes indoors and I said if I come round could he not smoke in same room as me. I don't think this went down well.
Anyways ,first date soon so let's see how this go.
So glad I'm much wiser now and don't need to put up with shite from.men. Which I would accepted in the past.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
My second date in Thursday he done an impression of me, mocking me and sexist. I was really shocked as I was expecting more form him. I have thought back on the conversation often. I do not feel I'm being overly sensitive. He smokes indoors and I said if I come round could he not smoke in same room as me. I don't think this went down well.
So glad I'm much wiser now and don't need to put up with shite from.men. Which I would accepted in the past.
Absolutely not being sensitive there, that's just plain rude! And the smoking thing too, I'm an occasional smoker (I know, I know!) And I don't even smoke indoors in my house. Good on you not accepting that crap 😊

• Heart
Had a date last night with my neighbour who I'd posted about before and it was actually loads of fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Joanie update us on your dates! i hope the next one is better than the sexist smoker guy..

@Thank(space)you glad you had fun, was there any chemistry there or just mates vibe?

i'm all ill and feeling sorry for myself in bed so i need more updates to read😂 can't stop thinking about next friday 💀 he was like let me know if you have any ideas on what you wanna do and he'll look around as well.. what do i say to that.. i'd kinda like it if he just took me out to dinner lmao but also some fun activity would be cool but i don't know what. it's supposed to be raining so has to be indoors. i HATE mini golf/crazy golf btw

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@triesherbest I've had a lovely afternoon. We are going to meet up in the week and go for a drink. I need to tell the other man that I won't see him anymore. I have a feeling he could get nasty. I hope I'm wrong. I hope your feel better soon.

@triesherbest I've had a lovely afternoon. We are going to meet up in the week and go for a drink. I need to tell the other man that I won't see him anymore. I have a feeling he could get nasty. I hope I'm wrong. I hope your feel better soon.
ohhh i'm glad to hear that :love: hope you have another good date!

that's worrying re the other guy... please stay safe, he doesn't sound nice at all. just be super neutral over a text message and if he gets nasty block him.

• Heart
Aw get well soon @triesherbest! What about board games club/quiz night for your date activity? I know they sound kinda meh but trust me it can be so fun if you are in a good company and a little tipsy!

Exactly this! I hate it when they can’t make an effort at such an early stage, it means it’s only going to get worse moving forward…I am going out tonight so might suggest meeting up but they will be it. He is cute but nothing outstanding and I usually don’t like this kind of attitude.

I'm not a therapist obviously but I genuinely don't think you're doing anything wrong by what you've told us here anyway. Its at least something that VV was honest with you anyway. If your therapist gives you any advice please feel free to share 😅
Oh I definitely appreciate his honesty too…I just felt so comfortable and safe with him, it’s rare that I do so I don’t even know what my next step should be. He said he is not emotionally mature enough for a healthy relationship, and frankly, that’s the way I feel too — we are both clinically depressed and quite damaged so lots in common. I think I’m just gonna take things slow and consult my therapist — will be sharing his advice if he says something valuable!

Oh goodness that’s disgusting! Definitely don’t let him get away with talking to you like that, what a POS!
I am, however, glad to hear you had a great time at your time! Feel free to share the details if you want to and stay safe re: the nasty guy ❤
Had a date last night with my neighbour who I'd posted about before and it was actually loads of fun.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.