Dating after lockdown #24 they're participation trophies at best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The head from the weekend who was asking all about my friend's OF, has just messaged me out of the blue asking if I'm talking to anyone else šŸ¤Ø I mean, I'm not, but not for lack of trying šŸ˜‚
"No and I'm not talking to you either now eff off"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have no words šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚thereā€™s no hope . Imagine being his wife youā€™d be chained to the sink

Ps thatā€™s not a message to me I saw it on Instagram
so he wants a maid, baby maker and sex slave and he's a raging misogynist. hope he chokes šŸ’ž

@Thank(space)you he should be blocked by now.

@MsCurly slow and steady wins the race. keep your cool, enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: 7
Guys I had a good first date!!
He took me to a rooftop bar, then we grabbed pizza and then went to one more bar before I headed home.
He was so lovely, I actually laughed a lot throughout and he was very kind (insisted he paid, waited for my train with me, bought me a bottle of coke for my journey haha).

He mentioned that heā€™s down near my way again next week if I wanted to do something. He also asked if Iā€™d had a good evening and he said it in a tone of like ā€œyeah?! Absolutelyā€. Had a good old smooch at the end too haha!

He texted me after saying he had a really nice evening. Iā€™m trying not to get my hopes up but I had a really nice time anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wrote a long update about whatā€™s been going on with the three year lad I ended things with in September but duck him.

I had a nice date planned with someone else for this week.. Woke up and Iā€™ve got Covid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry to hear that @CandyLand tough time for you. They say it never rains but it pours. I'm off work kind of sick but depressed too. Horrible. Take care. Hope you don't get COVID too bad. ā˜¹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
So, I have been on three dates with someone new. First date he was very nervous but relaxed after a little while. Second date, he had a full-on meltdown within 5 minutes of me getting there. Full panic attack mode. I had to reassure him and sit and calm him down. We were meant to go for food, but he said he felt sick and couldnā€™t eat (I was bloody starving.) He told me itā€™s because he likes me so much and has never felt like this before. After 1 date! Heā€™s really nice and lots of what I am looking for, but wow this is intense. Third date we went for lunch and the vibe was a bit awkward because of the previous situation. I was quite keen to leave. He has since talked about going away together, spending Christmas together etc etc. Heā€™s always telling me how amazing I am and how beautiful I am and its just a lot. Heā€™s not love bombing me, I genuinely donā€™t think itā€™s that, but itā€™s just a bitā€¦.desperate.

He kept asking me if I was okay and I said yes Iā€™m fine. Got two voice notes ā€œI know youā€™re pretending to be okay, you can talk to meā€ WTF, Iā€™m fine! Anyway, he said I always ignore or bypass his nice comments and I said they make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I said I tend to take my time getting to know someone and heā€™s seen his arse. He called me and I was quite abrupt with him, admittedly Iā€™m not really into all the sappy stuff, and heā€™s since sent me a big long text saying that I handled the situation badly and selfishly and heā€™s nothing but nice to me and that heā€™s not trying to rush me into anything as he was ā€œrespectful and restrainedā€ on our dates. Iā€™m massively insulted by this ā€“ why should he even have to mention he was ā€œrestrained?!ā€ I told him I shouldnā€™t have to be grateful for restraining himself and again heā€™s gotten all offended. Itā€™s a shame because he seems like a genuinely nice guy just with some kind of level of anxiety, but I just canā€™t deal with it. I need to tell him this is where we leave it.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
So, I have been on three dates with someone new. First date he was very nervous but relaxed after a little while. Second date, he had a full-on meltdown within 5 minutes of me getting there. Full panic attack mode. I had to reassure him and sit and calm him down. We were meant to go for food, but he said he felt sick and couldnā€™t eat (I was bloody starving.) He told me itā€™s because he likes me so much and has never felt like this before. After 1 date! Heā€™s really nice and lots of what I am looking for, but wow this is intense. Third date we went for lunch and the vibe was a bit awkward because of the previous situation. I was quite keen to leave. He has since talked about going away together, spending Christmas together etc etc. Heā€™s always telling me how amazing I am and how beautiful I am and its just a lot. Heā€™s not love bombing me, I genuinely donā€™t think itā€™s that, but itā€™s just a bitā€¦.desperate.

He kept asking me if I was okay and I said yes Iā€™m fine. Got two voice notes ā€œI know youā€™re pretending to be okay, you can talk to meā€ WTF, Iā€™m fine! Anyway, he said I always ignore or bypass his nice comments and I said they make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I said I tend to take my time getting to know someone and heā€™s seen his arse. He called me and I was quite abrupt with him, admittedly Iā€™m not really into all the sappy stuff, and heā€™s since sent me a big long text saying that I handled the situation badly and selfishly and heā€™s nothing but nice to me and that heā€™s not trying to rush me into anything as he was ā€œrespectful and restrainedā€ on our dates. Iā€™m massively insulted by this ā€“ why should he even have to mention he was ā€œrestrained?!ā€ I told him I shouldnā€™t have to be grateful for restraining himself and again heā€™s gotten all offended. Itā€™s a shame because he seems like a genuinely nice guy just with some kind of level of anxiety, but I just canā€™t deal with it. I need to tell him this is where we leave it.
I have got the ick really badly reading this. What a drip he is.

Reactions: 15

bless you for being kind enough to even consider a third date because i think i would have been on the train home and blocking his number as soon as he said he felt sick and couldnā€™t eat because he liked you so much, my god šŸ˜³

the use of ā€œrestrainedā€ speaks volumes, message him saying itā€™s done and then delete his details. iā€™m getting the ick and bad vibes as a combo, and itā€™s not good.

• Haha
I think you will need to block him very quickly after you end it.. He sounds like the type to bombard you.

Reactions: 12

He's not a nice guy. He's batshit. This is his best behaviour!
Tell him that you don't want to take things any further and do not want any further contact with him.
Block him wherever you can.

Ergh no that's just too much. Strange behaviour. I feel like these guys don't have any hobbies or anything else going on in their lives so they really latch on HARD to the women they date.

I've been on the receiving end of this crap before, I knew I wasn't into it and was probably coming across as so dry through text. The guy went off on one and said I owe him better because he's been trying so hard with me and has been nothing but respectful... mate, duck off šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ he met a woman on the apps and was married to her within 18 months so it just shows that there really is someone for everyone lol

Reactions: 4
We no longer are available as therapists for weird men. Repeat after me.
Wow, today I've been watching To Catch a Predator on YouTube. It's absolutely sickening. I think you'd all recognise the lines and tactics used by these disgusting men. But they are hoping to use and abuse minors. Seriously I have been vicariously sniggering and sneering at them on their knees crying when they get caught. Family men a lot of them. It truly shows just how dishonest and vile SOME men are.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve been reading this thread for a while and took great comfort from knowing Iā€™m not alone in awful dating experiences šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve been single for a while now and a couple of years ago moved to Dubai. Iā€™ve returned home as I realised that I was never going to find a bloke over there to settle down with (theyā€™re all Peter pans and women outnumber men 30 to 1 I swear!). Iā€™ve just turned 30 and since returning Iā€™ve had to move back into my parents because I canā€™t get a mortgage until Iā€™ve got the three pay checks back here. But now with everything going on and the fact Iā€™ve also decided to change careers and take a big pay cut (fingers crossed that long term it pays off) Iā€™m just not going to be able to afford a mortgage alone. I absolutely hate having to go through the where do you live question with men cause I find my situation embarrassing. Tbf I think thatā€™s just my insecurity though as it doesnā€™t stop men asking me on dates and I do have a house deposit plus extra saved thanks to Dubai.

anyways Iā€™m rambling.. I did have a question. Does anyone else immediately feel like theyā€™ve catfished blokes when they ask you on a date based on your dating profile? Iā€™m not a catfish but I did choose the nicest pictures of myself so the minute I get asked out my brain starts going ā€˜well he wonā€™t like you when he sees you in personā€™. Itā€™s stupid šŸ˜‚ but wondering if anyone else has this?!

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve been reading this thread for a while and took great comfort from knowing Iā€™m not alone in awful dating experiences šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve been single for a while now and a couple of years ago moved to Dubai. Iā€™ve returned home as I realised that I was never going to find a bloke over there to settle down with (theyā€™re all Peter pans and women outnumber men 30 to 1 I swear!). Iā€™ve just turned 30 and since returning Iā€™ve had to move back into my parents because I canā€™t get a mortgage until Iā€™ve got the three pay checks back here. But now with everything going on and the fact Iā€™ve also decided to change careers and take a big pay cut (fingers crossed that long term it pays off) Iā€™m just not going to be able to afford a mortgage alone. I absolutely hate having to go through the where do you live question with men cause I find my situation embarrassing. Tbf I think thatā€™s just my insecurity though as it doesnā€™t stop men asking me on dates and I do have a house deposit plus extra saved thanks to Dubai.

anyways Iā€™m rambling.. I did have a question. Does anyone else immediately feel like theyā€™ve catfished blokes when they ask you on a date based on your dating profile? Iā€™m not a catfish but I did choose the nicest pictures of myself so the minute I get asked out my brain starts going ā€˜well he wonā€™t like you when he sees you in personā€™. Itā€™s stupid šŸ˜‚ but wondering if anyone else has this?!
Firstly, I don't think you should feel embarrassed at all about your living at home situation! I agree it's just you so try not to think about it.
Secondly, I believe we all choose the nicest pictures of ourselves to post on the apps. Unless you're a completely different person from the one on the picture, I don't think you should worry about that either. :giggle: we all do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Run šŸƒšŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 2
Is anyone else bi? I donā€™t have it on any profiles but i must be making it obvious somehow because I keep matching with people who clock it and then want to know if Iā€™ll join them snd their FWB for a threesome. Anyone else experienced that?

Itā€™s one of the things thatā€™s never appealed to me, largely because I donā€™t like my sexuality being treated as a plaything.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else bi? I donā€™t have it on any profiles but i must be making it obvious somehow because I keep matching with people who clock it and then want to know if Iā€™ll join them snd their FWB for a threesome. Anyone else experienced that?

Itā€™s one of the things thatā€™s never appealed to me, largely because I donā€™t like my sexuality being treated as a plaything.
šŸ–

I think people just chance it with single women in general but yes it's bleeping horrid nonetheless. I find heterosexual women the worst for the fetishising of other women

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.