Dating after lockdown #24 they're participation trophies at best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As predicted the narc ex has began to reach out a couple of months of no speaking. I know this is the dating thread but I’m going to need your support to make sure I don’t re-engage 😳 no pressure!

It was via a friend “how’s *the best thing that happened to him*? It shouldn’t be like this” He then said he would call her to talk but hasn’t.… Obvs it’s got right into my head. bleeping men.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Why is it always the absolutely mediocre men that want to insult you when you don’t reply to them? I’m not a size 8 but don’t proclaim to be. One minute I’m a “curvy goddess” and then I’m a “lardarse” when I’m not interested. Eurgh 🙄

F458C910-8253-476A-8730-BAEE24785377.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
My newborn niece makes me insanely broody 🥺 My cut off point for a second baby was 30.. pushed back to 32.. now it’s looking like 35 is my new limit 😂

Reactions: 3
As predicted the narc ex has began to reach out a couple of months of no speaking. I know this is the dating thread but I’m going to need your support to make sure I don’t re-engage 😳 no pressure!

It was via a friend “how’s *the best thing that happened to him*? It shouldn’t be like this” He then said he would call her to talk but hasn’t.… Obvs it’s got right into my head. bleeping men.
I split up with my Ex 4 months ago. He's sent me a message today, only 3 words - I miss you.

😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My newborn niece makes me insanely broody 🥺 My cut off point for a second baby was 30.. pushed back to 32.. now it’s looking like 35 is my new limit 😂
So my realistic chance for a baby is 36-37 lol. Im holding out hope! 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

I split up with my Ex 4 months ago. He's sent me a message today, only 3 words - I miss you.

😢
No doubt he does. But from what you’ve shared on this group he did you dirty and doesn’t deserve another chance?

Reactions: 7
No, I absolutely can't give him another chance. He's had all the chances and fucked them up. No going back.

Plus he finally misses me after 4 months? Or he's either been dumped by whatever grotbag he's been shagging or failed to meet anyone in 4 months so is now falling back to me. That doesn't make me feel very special.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
No, I absolutely can't give him another chance. He's had all the chances and fucked them up. No going back.

Plus he finally misses me after 4 months? Or he's either been dumped by whatever grotbag he's been shagging or failed to meet anyone in 4 months so is now falling back to me. That doesn't make me feel very special.
This is gonna sound patronising but it isn't meant to, you should feel so proud of yourself for recognising that, staying strong and not going back, and seeing your worth ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A guy I liked gave me the slow fade after meeting up quite a few times, was having a snoop on his profiles and it seems like he started dating another girl around the time he slow faded me.

I feel like such an idiot 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
A guy I liked gave me the slow fade after meeting up quite a few times, was having a snoop on his profiles and it seems like he started dating another girl around the time he slow faded me.

You're not an idiot ❤ just the harsh realities of modern dating 😔 doesn't make it any easier I know

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey everyone just stopping by to wish you all well. I've been quite busy with work and visiting a friend oop north. Plus it's getting close to my first grandchild (daughter) being born. So exciting.
While I was away, out of interest, I downloaded Badoo to see what the talent was like around Cheshire. No different to the South. Only one attracted me and naturally he looked like a bad boy! Lol.
Sorry to say from all the posts it's the same old poor behaviour from men. It is disheartening for sure. You all have nerves of steel to stay in "the game". Shout out to Belle, La Blonde & Candy land. Hope you're all tikkety boo. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Oh no. I’m sorry to hear this, it seems like there is always another girl when this happens 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey everyone just stopping by to wish you all well. I've been quite busy with work and visiting a friend oop north. Plus it's getting close to my first grandchild (daughter) being born. So exciting.
While I was away, out of interest, I downloaded Badoo to see what the talent was like around Cheshire. No different to the South. Only one attracted me and naturally he looked like a bad boy! Lol.
Sorry to say from all the posts it's the same old poor behaviour from men. It is disheartening for sure. You all have nerves of steel to stay in "the game". Shout out to Belle, La Blonde & Candy land. Hope you're all tikkety boo. ❤
aw that’s so exciting (granny psycho! 😉) - what a lovely time for you and your family, sending so many good wishes for her arrival x

i’m good, thank you for thinking of me 💙 have just bowed out of both this thread and dating a little because i realised it was just making me miserable (dating, not the thread). i still check in because i’m very invested in the lovely folk here but really have nothing of value to add 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lovely news about your new grand baby.. How exciting 💕

• Heart
Went on a date this afternoon, lovely guy and very decent conversation, ticked a lot of boxes just one small problem…didn’t fancy him 😂😬 always the way it’s one or the other!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Hi, I split up with my ex in July. We'd been on and off for a while and only got together in November. When do you stop thinking about them every day? And when should i venture into the dating world again? My phone is so quiet, I hate it 🤣

"Regardless of how it goes, it can always be nice to have a drink with someone"

It's giving friend zone before we even meet 😅

Hi, I split up with my ex in July. We'd been on and off for a while and only got together in November. When do you stop thinking about them every day? And when should i venture into the dating world again? My phone is so quiet, I hate it 🤣

So. I've been in therapy for a while and my therapist explained it like a ball in a box. At the start the ball is the same size as the box, so it won't stop hitting off the sides.

Then one day, the ball gets a little smaller. And another day, smaller again. Until one day, it's so small it just sits there unmoving.

Take baby steps with it. You'll be ok. It just needs a little time.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is gonna sound patronising but it isn't meant to, you should feel so proud of yourself for recognising that, staying strong and not going back, and seeing your worth ❤
Thank you! I still miss him, but I can't go back again. I have to draw the line somewhere. The worst times with him were better than the best times with others. But even that isn't a Good enough reason to give it yet another try. I'd rather be on my own.

I was with my aforementioned Ex for 8 years. I'm 4 months post split and I think I'm getting to the acceptance stage of the 7 stages of grief about it. I don't cry anymore, I do still think of him most days but its a lot briefer (whereas at first I'd think of him all day every day).

As to when to date again, I think this is probably age related. I'm 50, and I had such a horrible time with dating on the road to meeting my Ex that I'm in no rush to go through that again. I'm older now and it doesn't matter as much. At the moment, I'm thinking maybe next year sometime if I feel able to face it. Whereas if I was 30, I probably would be dipping my toe back in already.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.