Dating after lockdown #24 they're participation trophies at best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t even like them knowing or using my name, I use my initial. If they do well, they can progress to the name knowing stage.

Reactions: 3
I cannot stand when they think they've earned the the right to use pet names and use them early on. erm who tf are you?? especially on dating apps, my name is ON my profile Joe.
same!!! i have a long and fairly ridiculous name, and i hate when men immediately start with a shortened version of it. make the effort.

i now use my middle name online dating as i was so sick of comments on my actual name, but even that gets shortened 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
The shortening of your name 😬 I feel your pain, @LaBlonde. So overly familiar. It’s the equivalent of men touching your hips to get past you. Just stop it! I don’t even like friends/family using the shortened version of my name, why would I allow a trashy man to do so?!

Reactions: 2
same!!! i have a long and fairly ridiculous name, and i hate when men immediately start with a shortened version of it. make the effort.

i now use my middle name online dating as i was so sick of comments on my actual name, but even that gets shortened 🤦🏼‍♀️
double same! my name is kinda unusual I guess and the comments I get about it.. so rude! Am i meant to be impressed or swooning? Asking if the S on the end of it is necessary (??) and then getting my name wrong anyway after we've discussed it.

One guy text the other day calling me babe. He was a couple years younger (watch your tone lol) and he text (after JUST asking for my number - like less than a minute prior) saying "hey it's [whatever his name was] btw" and I replied as a joke bc he'd JUST asked "hey it's [my name] btw" and he said "I got that babe" ...

lmao no luv. and these are the ones that make requests for a "sense of humour" in a woman but have absolutely no wit themselves and personality like a wet bit of kitchen roll.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The shortening of your name 😬 I feel your pain, @LaBlonde. So overly familiar. It’s the equivalent of men touching your hips to get past you. Just stop it! I don’t even like friends/family using the shortened version of my name, why would I allow a trashy man to do so?!
it’s so overly familiar and i can’t bear it! i never shorten anyone’s name without asking them first (or at the very least working out if they prefer it) - it’s just basic manners!

my (aforementioned ridiculous) name is also more usually used as a boy’s name in the uk too so i get a bunch of “funny” comments about that 🙄

• Sick
I do not like them using my name when they comment on my profile. It's just jarring.

Unrelated but I've remembered my first interaction on Hinge, I gave him my number for WhatsApp and as soon as we started talking on WhatsApp he made a date r*** joke. *Also had plenty of "cheeky" and "naughty" comments in my time.
I changed my profile to give off the nerdiest vibes ever and now I don't get them. I also don't get any sexy blokes either. Swings and roundabouts 😂

• Angry
I do not like them using my name when they comment on my profile. It's just jarring.

Unrelated but I've remembered my first interaction on Hinge, I gave him my number for WhatsApp and as soon as we started talking on WhatsApp he made a date r*** joke. *Also had plenty of "cheeky" and "naughty" comments in my time.
I changed my profile to give off the nerdiest vibes ever and now I don't get them. I also don't get any sexy blokes either. Swings and roundabouts 😂
That's a bleeping abhorrent thing to "joke" about. I'm sorry you had to deal with him! I'm assuming you never ended up meeting him, most times men are simply outing themselves when they joke about stuff like that

Reactions: 3
That's a bleeping abhorrent thing to "joke" about. I'm sorry you had to deal with him! I'm assuming you never ended up meeting him, most times men are simply outing themselves when they joke about stuff like that
It didn't bother me because I'm a cold unfeeling cow (according to reviews) so I just called him out for it then blocked it.
It was more of a "Jesus bleeping Christ read the room" moment, it wasn't long after Sarah Everard either so really extra cringey

More bothered about the men who never got my HILARIOUS The It Crowd reference and messaged me to school me on Theo Walcott and Wenger no longer being at Arsenal

Reactions: 6
All men using the words cheeky and naughty as descriptors, plus calling women babe etc should be hurled into the fiery pit...!

I feel others pain on the name front. I have a quite unusual spelling of a ordinaryish name. I never like giving my name openly on profiles especially as I can easily be googled from that spelling and my occupation, and I don't like to be too identifiable :) It's why I used to prefer sites where you had a username rather than your own name. I've not even got a middle name I can use, no siblings I can borrow a name from either. I'll just have to call myself Jane if I ever try dating again. But it will feel odd conversing under an 'assumed' name 😂

Reactions: 4
Saw a guy's profile earlier which said "just a shy guy who has a dirty side. Dunno what else to say" instant ick 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I saw this charmer earlier. So many profiles with references to their penis. It’s depressing as hell.
31377925-3A61-4D40-9144-A7695CE2449C.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 14
More bothered about the men who never got my HILARIOUS The It Crowd reference and messaged me to school me on Theo Walcott and Wenger no longer being at Arsenal
i would swipe right on you for an it crowd reference eddy 😘

• Heart
My friend has been on tinder 3 weeks and has had five dates! (4 different men) how?! I need go learn her ways clearly

I have no words 😂😂😂😂there’s no hope . Imagine being his wife you’d be chained to the sink

Ps that’s not a message to me I saw it on Instagram
What an absolute arse. That makes me feel a bit sick 🤮🤮

Reactions: 2
I listened to you all and did not go home early!
However, when I arrived he was still working and came up to the gate straight away for a little chat. I offered him a cup of tea and we had a little stroll through the garden and he asked loads of questions about the little orchard we have and asked if he could take some of our apples home. He was very polite, but definitely flirtatious! I think we talked for around 40 minutes and he would touch my arm every now and then when he was making a joke. When I told him I had to go on with my day he thanked me for the tea and chat and said he'd hopefully see me around.
I'm not really sure what to make of it, because I obviously don't know him or know much about him (I'll do some digging later) but all in all I am just happy I had a lovely chat with a charming guy today. I've noticed that online dating has really changed my outlook on men and how to approach them, so I'm relieved to know there are still polite men to be found in the wild.😅 Part of me regrets that I wasn't more flirtatious or courageous enough to give him my number, but maybe I will work up the courage tomorrow. And if not, then that's fine too.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The head from the weekend who was asking all about my friend's OF, has just messaged me out of the blue asking if I'm talking to anyone else 🤨 I mean, I'm not, but not for lack of trying 😂

• Haha
The head from the weekend who was asking all about my friend's OF, has just messaged me out of the blue asking if I'm talking to anyone else 🤨 I mean, I'm not, but not for lack of trying 😂
Tell him you’re not talking to anyONE but in fact to a lot of people. Wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.