Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girls must settle for those low effort men but it’s a no from me.. They just want to get their dick wet.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Sometimes it just boils down to saying what you mean and actually meaning what you say, having boundaries with how you engage in the initial stages with these men via text is important....If you are overtly flirting in a sexual manner don't be surprised if they then assume you are up for it and instead of offering up dates they bombard with sexual requests. Personally I find it really awkward and I avoid men that constantly turn the conversation sexual without even having met in person, you can't possibly fancy a person from a few pics and some text messages....and inviting themselves to my home for a first date?? Absolutely not happening...

Sex is soo easy to come by especially with the online apps but actually meeting someone you like is way harder!

@Belle123 how are you Belle ? Miss hearing from you 😘
None of my conversation with that guy was even flirty at all he literally asked me how far I was from his hotel and it went from there. I knew his intentions and set the boundaries straight but didn't stop him trying lol

Reactions: 1
Evening all. Feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight, burnt my back doing the garden today and feeling completely drained after a few days of difficult messages between me and the ex. Just having a wine and wondering if anyone has any funny dating stories? Really need a bit of cheering up!

Reactions: 2
I don’t think I have any funny date stories but my choice is usually so bad that my walk of shame happens on the way to the date.

There was the one that turned up wearing tracksuit bottoms and had a black eye but I’ve talked about that one a few times 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t think I have any funny date stories but my choice is usually so bad that my walk of shame happens on the way to the date.

There was the one that turned up wearing tracksuit bottoms and had a black eye but I’ve talked about that one a few times 😂
Did he explain his eye 😂

• Haha
@Bagpuss7 and @LaBlonde Aww thanks for asking. I’m doing well. How are you both doing? xx
much the same as bagpuss - i am enjoying the sunshine! things are really lovely in my actual life, my dating life however is dead on arrival 🤣

i sat next to the office heartthrob today, an absolute dreamboat who reduces 80% of the office into blissful silence just by walking by to get coffee. everything about him and the way his laddy mates came over to say hi annoyed me. started to think i am a woman attracted to men who also finds 95% of men incredibly irritating and unappealing. these are NOT good odds.

• Heart
He turned out to be a drug dealer and someone hadn’t paid.. 😂

There wasn’t a second date. I could hear people talking about us and two girls asked me what I was doing with him 😂
I mean, he sounds like he was there to be himself at least, which is more than can be said for a lot of these wolves in sheep’s clothing! 😂

• Haha
...reluctant to exchange numbers, vanishes in the evenings around 5ish and mia all weekend = married? Not just me that suspects that yes ?! 🙄

We have facetimed when he was in his office so he matches his pics and he's very keen to meet up and we have a date planned but the above is giving me massive red flags ...again!

Reactions: 12
...reluctant to exchange numbers, vanishes in the evenings around 5ish and mia all weekend = married? Not just me that suspects that yes ?! 🙄

We have facetimed when he was in his office so he matches his pics and he's very keen to meet up and we have a date planned but the above is giving me massive red flags ...again!
It does sound suspicious. He’s seeing someone or just happy to be entertained while he’s at work would be my first thoughts.

I wouldn’t want to talk to someone who vanished like this to be honest.

Reactions: 4

fully with @candyland_ on this - very strange that he only talks during “office hours” when it’s usually the other way around, and the reluctance to exchange numbers just makes me wary that he doesn’t want your messages coming through on his phone.

i generally wouldn’t be down for someone who doesn’t speak to me after 5 or on the weekends though in all honesty.

Reactions: 5
fully with @candyland_ on this - very strange that he only talks during “office hours” when it’s usually the other way around, and the reluctance to exchange numbers just makes me wary that he doesn’t want your messages coming through on his phone.

i generally wouldn’t be down for someone who doesn’t speak to me after 5 or on the weekends though in all honesty.
So we started chatting on the week of the 6th, that weekend he was quiet and when he reappeared on the Monday he apologised and said he had lost his phone ...I gave him the benefit of the doubt but then it happened again last weekend, not a single message from about half 3 Friday and then a cheery hello Monday morning like nothing had happened ...one other thing I did ask him last week if it was a daddy weekend and he replied no not his turn ...bit odd considering it was fathers day ! ...

No surprise as I'm typing this the red flags are flapping in my face !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm not too bad Belle, enjoying the lovely weather and attempting to not be disillusioned by the state of my love life! How's things with you? 😊
much the same as bagpuss - i am enjoying the sunshine! things are really lovely in my actual life, my dating life however is dead on arrival 🤣

i sat next to the office heartthrob today, an absolute dreamboat who reduces 80% of the office into blissful silence just by walking by to get coffee. everything about him and the way his laddy mates came over to say hi annoyed me. started to think i am a woman attracted to men who also finds 95% of men incredibly irritating and unappealing. these are NOT good odds.
I’m glad you’re both ok. I’m enjoying this weather too. I’ve had a promotion, and am just being a busy bee right now. All good stuff, but the usual case of my career doing well, but my love life not so much! 😂

@LaBlonde haha that made me laugh about your colleague. I feel like that about so many men I encounter! I raise an eyebrow at 95% of them and think WTF?!

Speaking of WTF, my ex keeps chatting to me, and instigates a lot of messages. All very confusing and I’m keeping it on the back burner while I prioritise myself. If he comes to his senses at some point, so be it! Annoyingly, I’ve discovered we have even more in common, and he’s opened up a bit more to me… but I’ve no idea if he’ll come back around. Earlier this week he was very engaging with me all evening, even saying our goodnight message we did when we dated. And they say women are hard to understand?! Otherwise, I’m a man-free zone right now 🤣 xx

I’d expect someone to message me in the evenings and not so much when they’re in work. Something seems fishy…

• Heart
Maybe he’s using a work phone that gets left in the office/turned off.

Not a single text after 5pm? The weekends I could probably brush off if he’s been busy.

Reactions: 4
Maybe he’s using a work phone that gets left in the office/turned off.

Not a single text after 5pm? The weekends I could probably brush off if he’s been busy.
Yesterday last message was 15.37 and today 17.15..just checked the time stamp on Badoo. I'm not expecting to hear anything from him tonight. And yes he messages all day, says it pings when I send a message and its a welcome distraction from work! He also said he has the app on his laptop ..so hum losing his phone and no contact makes no sense...I think he's most likely just another waste of my time 🙄

Just soo fed up with all the constant sexual innuendo messages that men think are funny or clever to send ..soo bored with them!

I’m glad you’re both ok. I’m enjoying this weather too. I’ve had a promotion, and am just being a busy bee right now. All good stuff, but the usual case of my career doing well, but my love life not so much! 😂

@LaBlonde haha that made me laugh about your colleague. I feel like that about so many men I encounter! I raise an eyebrow at 95% of them and think WTF?!

Speaking of WTF, my ex keeps chatting to me, and instigates a lot of messages. All very confusing and I’m keeping it on the back burner while I prioritise myself. If he comes to his senses at some point, so be it! Annoyingly, I’ve discovered we have even more in common, and he’s opened up a bit more to me… but I’ve no idea if he’ll come back around. Earlier this week he was very engaging with me all evening, even saying our goodnight message we did when we dated. And they say women are hard to understand?! Otherwise, I’m a man-free zone right now 🤣 xx

I’d expect someone to message me in the evenings and not so much when they’re in work. Something seems fishy…
Belle congratulations on the promotion 👏 🥳🥳

• Heart
Yesterday last message was 15.37 and today 17.15..just checked the time stamp on Badoo. I'm not expecting to hear anything from him tonight. And yes he messages all day, says it pings when I send a message and its a welcome distraction from work! He also said he has the app on his laptop ..so hum losing his phone and no contact makes no sense...I think he's most likely just another waste of my time 🙄

Just soo fed up with all the constant sexual innuendo messages that men think are funny or clever to send ..soo bored with them!

Belle congratulations on the promotion 👏 🥳🥳
Thank you so much 😘

I think your gut instinct is probably spot on here, sadly 😞 x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.