Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
iTunes is music so I’m not sure what he is talking about there.

If one FaceTime went to his daughters phone then every phone call, text and FaceTime would but I’ve just seen your second update.. I would block him now.

Reactions: 4
iTunes is music so I’m not sure what he is talking about there.

If one FaceTime went to his daughters phone then every phone call, text and FaceTime would but I’ve just seen your second update.. I would block him now.
yeah there’s no way you’d let your kid access your messages and calls, let alone if you were on the prowl for a new woman, who wants their child seeing those interactions?! Bizarre

Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree with the others.. @Bagpuss don’t give up hope - just get rid of him! Some men are complete time wasters and he is one of them xx

Reactions: 4
I'm going to leave it now, I sent him a message just after 10 saying about facetime later, the app is saying he was on line 25 mins ago so he's read my message and not replied...another time wasting waste of time!
Take the power into your own hands and unmatch him or block him to put a dent in his ego, because if you don’t he’ll still feel in control. Agree with above, he’s one of those who think the bare minimum is high maintenance - you deserve better!

The only way that would work is if every Apple device in his household is connected to his accounts eg if I get a call on my phone, my iPad will ring too. But I don’t know anyone who’d set their children’s phones up with their own Apple ID unless they’re unbelievably not tech savvy.

And even if it was true, one bad/weird experience should have made him change those settings, not judge other women by one woman’s behaviour. So if he hasn’t safeguarded his children after that, there’s something seriously wrong. Plus, if it was true, surely he’d have known his kids routinely answered calls meant for him 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not sure I would believe anything he’s told you at this point. None of it makes any sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is really long I'm so sorry about that.

I've been texting a co worker pretty much non stop since Friday night. We work on the same team but different departments.

Friday night after a team event we took a train home together (it wasn't just us two, there were four of us) and he would NOT shut up about the cat. I was placating him a little throughout the journey home.

At the dinner I was talking about the drinks I was having last night for my birthday, he was in the group and said "oh sweet, text me about it"

So I was like "cool, I'll ask John* for your number and send it on" then John was like "you know he's right here, you can just have his number right now yeah?" So Tom* put his number in my phone and said "call me there" so he would have mine.

He initiated the contact Friday night saying about the cat and it's kinda gone from there.

And it's not anything too "I wanna put my dick in u" explicit but there's also been some deep messages like about his parents divorce and that life is messing him up/has messed him up a bit (no details but given some of what he's said, I'm imagining a break up of some kind) and how he's in a bit of a low and he's gonna start therapy, and like. . . .things you don't talk about with a normal Co worker?

Or in such frequency? Cos don't get me wrong. I love the other guys on my team to pieces. But we rarely text outside work. The only co-worker I regularly text outside work is someone with whom I make a lot of plans and travel on day trips with. My mind is like "he wouldn't message so much if he wasn't into you in some way?" And I'm into him in a big way.

But also he has showed me his cat. A lot. She's a good girl.

There's never been anything explicitly flirty, but things like making some kind of way to see each other, like me cooking lasagne or him offering to help with furniture if I move, or a round of shots to see which of us can best represent our country (I'm Irish, he's Australian.)

If it helps, I am 90 pc sure he is single. I asked "You said you don't live alone? How do your housemates feel about Indy (the cat)"

"Long story. Tell you someday"

Which is giving me "we broke up but still live together" vibes. You know?

TL;DR a co worker and I have been in pretty constant contact, and I don't know whether it's because he's interested or just as friends.
Lol update turns out he has a girlfriend but they're not in a good place.

🚩🚩🚩

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
When my child was younger it was connected to my Apple ID but it did not get all my messages and FaceTimes just allowed my child to download games etc

Do you think meeting the old fashioned way will make a comeback as we all get sick of the apps? I live in hope I'll bump into some hottie in Sainsburys :LOL:

• Haha
Do you think meeting the old fashioned way will make a comeback as we all get sick of the apps? I live in hope I'll bump into some hottie in Sainsburys :LOL:
I said this to my friend! I am SICK of all the apps 😩

I told her I might go speed dating haha

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's true, and I am too. Can't even watch a video or some TV without my phone open. I bleeping hate it, but I am too addicted to the dopamine.
Me too.. I was thinking about it earlier actually. I’d love to detox from it but everyone is as bad 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Evening all, I’ve been watching and reading this thread for a while now but never posted before. So sorry for the long story.
Last March I left my 13 year marriage, nothing had happened I was unhappy. I had a tough year with that (guilt etc), as well as a fling with a best friend that has completely messed with my head and left me in a worse state than the end of my marriage. The friendship is now over.
I’ve been on the apps on and off for about 9 months, oh my goodness they are awful. I matched and had a date with one guy at Christmas time, he was lovely but looked nothing like his photos and not in a good way, they were at least 6 years old. We got on really well but he couldn’t kiss to save his life and that gave me the ick. He’s recently messaged me after 6 months of silence asking if I wanted to come round for a bottle of wine because we have unfinished business. Jesus! I politely turned him down. I then about 2 months ago matched with another guy, chat started great and we swapped numbers. Then the chat died, would take him 12 hours to reply, then a week of silence, chat again but with huge gaps between them. Didn’t speak for a month and then he messaged out the blue, but again dead chat and hours between messages. Sunday I matched with a guy I’d seen on hinge a few times but never liked anything, I don’t know what made me do it but I liked a comment on his profile. He messaged me and we’ve had good flowing chat for 2 days, really enjoyed the chat. I’ve today found out that he’s also into guys, but has never had sex with a guy. Now I have no issue with anyones sexuality at all, good for him. But it’s not what I want in a potential partner. He’s been very honest with me by opening up so soon but Ive told him I don’t know what to do with that information, and he’s asked me what I mean.
I’m now thinking I just tell him that I have no issue with it but it’s not what I want in a potential so partner. We haven’t swapped numbers yet but I just feel bad. I’ve been told I don’t owe him anything as it’s so soon after starting chatting, but that’s just how I am. I don’t think I’m cut out for these apps and wish it was easier to meet people the old fashioned way

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.