Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone used reverse image search on a potential date before and discovered they were not who they said they were or hiding something?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Frustrating.
I’m assuming you’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if he responds now which I think would be my final straw. If you still have hope see what effort he makes in the morning but I wouldn’t contact him first or send any leading questions about the date or phone number.
I've actually pretty much consigned him to the bin tbh. Something doesn't feel right. He's been online and seen my last message and ignored it. Or he's going to take this evening to think of some excuse. It shouldn't be this angsty before a first date!

Reactions: 3
I've actually pretty much consigned him to the bin tbh. Something doesn't feel right. He's been online and seen my last message and ignored it. Or he's going to take this evening to think of some excuse. It shouldn't be this angsty before a first date!
I would lay all your observations/suspicions out to him calmly and see what he says tbh. Maybe just me? But something is so clearly off and you've got more than enough evidence that I would be curious to see how he would explain it away

Has anyone used reverse image search on a potential date before and discovered they were not who they said they were or hiding something?
I know some don’t like it but I like to use Snapchat to see real time photos of them before meeting up. I’m not keen on FaceTime calls.
I’ve had someone use a fake name before but he admitted it on the first date and showed me his driving licence 😂

Slightly ot but jack Monroe has joined tinder and everybody is saying about reverse image as she face tunes so much 😁

Hello everyone!
Bagpuss If I may play devils advocate, I have seen people on here say before they won’t give their number until the first date is done-not too sure about the not texting at night or weekends though, possibly he could just be really cautious?

Reactions: 2
This maybe the cynic in me, but the fact he only contacts during certain hours would ring alarm bells. What if he’s living with someone and that’s why he’s silent on nights and won’t give his number out? I don’t want to put thoughts in your head but you have to weigh up the scenario here. I’ve had a similar type myself he was single but turns out he just enjoyed the attention with no intention of meeting up, essentially a pen pal is what he was looking for lol. I’d do what’s been said though and hold out until tomorrow, see what he comes up with then go from there, but if he continues ignoring/being flakey pop him in the bin!

Hi all, ive been following this thread for a good while enjoying reading what everyone is up to. So i split up with my bf of 9 years in October last year, i ended it as finally realised the relationship was toxic and my health was suffering.. i was gutted at the time but now i realise it was the best decision i ever made.

So around the Feb i decided that i wanted male company and joined POF spoke to a few fellas, one ended up ghosting me he was desperate to come to my house but i didnt want that so he just started ignoring me one day. In about March i started talking to another fella a few years older than me and lives not that far from me, we had a laugh messaging, similar upbringing and liked all the same stuff, after about 3 months of messaging we finally met up and we have been together pretty much every weekend ever since hes a true gentleman and the opposite of what ive been used to.
POF is one I’ve never tried! I’ll never use hinge again too much seediness! Couldn’t get to grips with bumble.. tinder I’ve heard nothing but tit things lol. I may try POF. Thats so lovely 🙂 gentlemen are few and far between on the apps it seems 😔

This is really long I'm so sorry about that.

I've been texting a co worker pretty much non stop since Friday night. We work on the same team but different departments.

Friday night after a team event we took a train home together (it wasn't just us two, there were four of us) and he would NOT shut up about the cat. I was placating him a little throughout the journey home.

At the dinner I was talking about the drinks I was having last night for my birthday, he was in the group and said "oh sweet, text me about it"

So I was like "cool, I'll ask John* for your number and send it on" then John was like "you know he's right here, you can just have his number right now yeah?" So Tom* put his number in my phone and said "call me there" so he would have mine.

He initiated the contact Friday night saying about the cat and it's kinda gone from there.

And it's not anything too "I wanna put my dick in u" explicit but there's also been some deep messages like about his parents divorce and that life is messing him up/has messed him up a bit (no details but given some of what he's said, I'm imagining a break up of some kind) and how he's in a bit of a low and he's gonna start therapy, and like. . . .things you don't talk about with a normal Co worker?

Or in such frequency? Cos don't get me wrong. I love the other guys on my team to pieces. But we rarely text outside work. The only co-worker I regularly text outside work is someone with whom I make a lot of plans and travel on day trips with. My mind is like "he wouldn't message so much if he wasn't into you in some way?" And I'm into him in a big way.

But also he has showed me his cat. A lot. She's a good girl.

There's never been anything explicitly flirty, but things like making some kind of way to see each other, like me cooking lasagne or him offering to help with furniture if I move, or a round of shots to see which of us can best represent our country (I'm Irish, he's Australian.)

If it helps, I am 90 pc sure he is single. I asked "You said you don't live alone? How do your housemates feel about Indy (the cat)"

"Long story. Tell you someday"

Which is giving me "we broke up but still live together" vibes. You know?

TL;DR a co worker and I have been in pretty constant contact, and I don't know whether it's because he's interested or just as friends.

• Wow
A lot of the older guys who find themselves single again in their 40s can be bearing the brunt of a relationship fail which results in thr loss of their homes and seeing their children daily. Some deal with it better than others but it is tough starting over later in life.

Update from me ...so Mr invisible evenings/ weekend...situation up to today ....last comms with him was Friday lunchtime, he went off line about 1ish..nothing over the weekend at all, then he messaged once yesterday morning to say morning and sorry he had the children Sunday evening too so hadn't been online, I replied back with a morning and my weekend was good. That was the only communication yesterday. He's messaged this morning to say Morning, asked about my plans for today and are we still meeting on Saturday. I replied yes but we need to decide where and what time..he's gone off line without replying...I'm just really confused by it all tbh. The lack of communication in the evening and all 3 weekends since we started speaking is troubling me. My gut is saying he's going to stand me up Saturday but I'm not sure ...thoughts ladies?
Bagpuss the guy who was working away (the guy who had a gf and I told her he was being a sleeze).. he “broke” his phone conveniently when he went back home and suddenly Monday morning I got a text saying it’s fixed, when he was back up here. I agree with the others he is just using to fill a void whilst he’s at work. I fully believe he’s got a wife, or atleast a girlfriend. You don’t go offline all weekend. My thought process is that he leaves this phone he’s messaging you on at work on a Friday and he doesn’t message you again until he is back at work Monday. Please cut ties with this man. He has my “hiding something” radar beeping xx

Reactions: 7
This is really long I'm so sorry about that.

I've been texting a co worker pretty much non stop since Friday night. We work on the same team but different departments.

Friday night after a team event we took a train home together (it wasn't just us two, there were four of us) and he would NOT shut up about the cat. I was placating him a little throughout the journey home.

At the dinner I was talking about the drinks I was having last night for my birthday, he was in the group and said "oh sweet, text me about it"

So I was like "cool, I'll ask John* for your number and send it on" then John was like "you know he's right here, you can just have his number right now yeah?" So Tom* put his number in my phone and said "call me there" so he would have mine.

He initiated the contact Friday night saying about the cat and it's kinda gone from there.

And it's not anything too "I wanna put my dick in u" explicit but there's also been some deep messages like about his parents divorce and that life is messing him up/has messed him up a bit (no details but given some of what he's said, I'm imagining a break up of some kind) and how he's in a bit of a low and he's gonna start therapy, and like. . . .things you don't talk about with a normal Co worker?

Or in such frequency? Cos don't get me wrong. I love the other guys on my team to pieces. But we rarely text outside work. The only co-worker I regularly text outside work is someone with whom I make a lot of plans and travel on day trips with. My mind is like "he wouldn't message so much if he wasn't into you in some way?" And I'm into him in a big way.

But also he has showed me his cat. A lot. She's a good girl.

There's never been anything explicitly flirty, but things like making some kind of way to see each other, like me cooking lasagne or him offering to help with furniture if I move, or a round of shots to see which of us can best represent our country (I'm Irish, he's Australian.)

If it helps, I am 90 pc sure he is single. I asked "You said you don't live alone? How do your housemates feel about Indy (the cat)"

"Long story. Tell you someday"

Which is giving me "we broke up but still live together" vibes. You know?

TL;DR a co worker and I have been in pretty constant contact, and I don't know whether it's because he's interested or just as friends.
I’m sorry I have no useful advice but I’m confused about the inclusion of the cat in this story 😂

Is the constant cat mentions annoying? Or is the cat going to give you a clue if he’s single or not?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m sorry I have no useful advice but I’m confused about the inclusion of the cat in this story 😂

Is the constant cat mentions annoying? Or is the cat going to give you a clue if he’s single or not?
He just really loves his cat. And I also love cats.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
POF is one I’ve never tried! I’ll never use hinge again too much seediness! Couldn’t get to grips with bumble.. tinder I’ve heard nothing but tit things lol. I may try POF. Thats so lovely 🙂 gentlemen are few and far between on the apps it seems 😔
I met my husband on POF back in the day! First guy I went on a date with from there and it worked out.

I mean we're now separated so not sure how much you can take from that but we had a good 8 years 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Slightly ot but jack Monroe has joined tinder and everybody is saying about reverse image as she face tunes so much 😁
Thank you for alerting me to cabal chaos, i shall duly go and grunk. Now I'm not the most desperate person on tinder 😂

I met my husband on POF back in the day! First guy I went on a date with from there and it worked out.

I mean we're now separated so not sure how much you can take from that but we had a good 8 years 😂
Aww see 8 years is a long time! It’s one I always forget about! I’ve never even been on a date with anyone off a dating app! They either don’t seem to want to actually meet in person, or they get blocked for sending something sexual before it gets to us meeting lol.

Will it really make them honest though? Lol. Not many guys will admit their just looking for a shag! I mean good idea and all but I can’t see it changing much.. hinge is the worse for seedy guys (I haven’t done tinder so don’t quote me on that lol)

Attachments

Why am I sat here all sad because I want cuddles in bed 😭 I'm not even a cuddly person
*checks clue app* yep I'm due a period soon

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So I got talking to this guy off Hinge (for once!), he got my number and we’ve been talking for a few days. His mum is a median and he asked me for my star sign. Anyway he goes to tell me the stars say we are compatible😂🤞🏻 So he asks me when I’m free and I say I’m not free this week as I’ve got plans on the weekend then next week I’m at Haven with my daughter. He said it’s fine we can keep talking until I’m back (as I said I understand if he doesn’t want a pen pal for two weeks).. and he was asking me where is good for a date, what I’d want to do etc.. he said he’s into BDSM (random but I bet the sex is good😂), anyway when I was saying goodnight to him last night, he said it’s been nice to talk to me and I seem lovely, and he thinks we have a spark over text.

Tbh I am so fed up of apps 😩 it’s just the same people over and over again!! Maybe something will come of this when we meet in 2 weeks. Probably not 🤣

Why am I sat here all sad because I want cuddles in bed 😭 I'm not even a cuddly person
*checks clue app* yep I'm due a period soon
It’s natural to feel like this and miss abit of affection! I’m full of cold feeling sorry for myself so feeling the same lol

• Heart
Morning ladies ..me again! So he's responded ( his last message was at 12.17 yesterday morning, and he ignored my question til this morning)

No. Sorry but as I explained before the ‘odd ball’ was lovely and nice when I first spoke with her then when I told her that it wasn’t going anywhere it turned horrible and as my kids were involved I said not to do it again xx

I've responded with an understand but I'm confused as to how she had access to his daughter...I've a feeling he's either going to unmatch me or disappear..we will see if he replies !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.