Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all! Just wondering (although I know the answer is likely to be yes lol) if anyone’s ever been ghosted by someone, then a few years later had a random friend request off them? Like why? So you ghosted me, spent a few years looking and didn’t find anything else so thought you’d come back to me? Boredom loneliness? Why do they do it. Older me would’ve been like ‘oh he’s still thinking about me’ now I’m wiser I’m like nah there’s an ulterior motive here lol. Sorry not been on this thread for a while as my love life is none existent lol. But I like catching up with you guys!
I get ghosted a lot and they always come back sooner or later and like you I used to give them a 2nd chance straight away now I just say ' you seem lost in my DM, I can show u the way out'

Bumble been kicking up some cuties lately
It's very hit and miss on there

Reactions: 4
Anyone wanna twll me a positive story about how they found love at over 30? I turned 33 in April and my sisters in christ it is all getting so horrible out there.

The dating apps are shite, the conversations are boring as hell, and the men are either overconfident assholes who may or may not be cheating on their partners who just want a quick shag, or jobless ambitionless scrubs.

I've done the whole Female Dating Strategy thing of "leveling up" but all ot has done is made me see that 95% of men are just not worth dating.

Add to that I'm rather stumbling from crisis to crisis at the moment in my personal development and it feels like a relationship or love are further away than ever before.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone wanna twll me a positive story about how they found love at over 30? I turned 33 in April and my sisters in christ it is all getting so horrible out there.

The dating apps are shite, the conversations are boring as hell, and the men are either overconfident assholes who may or may not be cheating on their partners who just want a quick shag, or jobless ambitionless scrubs.

I've done the whole Female Dating Strategy thing of "leveling up" but all ot has done is made me see that 95% of men are just not worth dating.

Add to that I'm rather stumbling from crisis to crisis at the moment in my personal development and it feels like a relationship or love are further away than ever before.
Have you tried sliding into a guy DM. I randomly message a guy on ig and conversation flowing nicely atm he not said anything sexual (yet)

• Heart
Reactions: 2

idont Have any tips because it was literally just an insane stroke of luck I think but I turned 30, decided to give up on all men ever then the next day swiped on my partner on bumble and (aside from me being a neurotic twit) it all seems to be going well! I thinkwe get too hung up on the age thing. You’re no less likely to meet an amazing man in your 50s than you are in your 20s. If anything the older you are (and they are) the more likely you both are to know what you actually want and need. X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bumble is probably the best one out of the bunch although you have to message first which I don't mind tbf

Haha and I'm the rude one
Major eye roll! The cheek of it. Why are they so shocked when we won’t entertain their seediness? I once messaged a guy on insta, a PT, enquiring about his sessions and he literally messaged back saying he thinks we’d have good sex. How unprofessional and brazen! I’m waiting for the day a male can hold a conversation without being a creep and I’m loosing home. I duno about anyone else but I’m going round in circles.. I create a dating app profile, stay on it a few weeks, get inundated with seedy messages, get fed up so delete my profile, then I start to feel lonely again so rinse and repeat.

Reactions: 1

i have nothing to offer you - i’m 36 and with every day i lose more and more hope tbh. you’re right that 95% of men just aren’t worth dating and there’s no way either of us should settle for less than we deserve. it really does all feel very far away sometimes though!

i would say, to your last paragraph, you’re the most important person in this equation and you’re the most important relationship you’ll ever have, so look after yourself. sending some 💙

Bumble is probably the best one out of the bunch although you have to message first which I don't mind tbf

Haha and I'm the rude one
i wouldn’t even have responded to the first message tbh 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I have one. Been with my boyfriend for over a year now. I’m 35 and met him on Bumble. I went through a lot of crap before him. When I first met him it was a bit up and down too but it worked out.

It will happen at some point for everyone. It takes its toll on you and I have no wise words on that really. Just gotta keep going and make the most of life in the meantime.

• Heart
Aww.. Where are you all from?
The lads in Newcastle are always great at messaging and making an effort.. They fall in love from the word hello 😂

I met my bf online when I was 31 and we have been together just over a year. It took a lot of swiping and I did a few things differently. I went for a couple of years younger (normally go older), I messaged first, also his pics weren't great (bit blurry/zoomed out) but liked his bio as he seemed to have his head screwed on. Not saying it would work for everyone but all lined up in this case.

I also agree with @candyland_ . He is from that neck of the woods (I'm not) and he's a big softie 🤣

I’m in my 30s, in the midst of divorce, husband has found the perfect woman for him and I’m so happy for him.

I was in a different position to many of you- I definitely didn’t want a relationship and that was easy. In fact, I still don’t want a traditional partnership but it means I absolutely need to find someone that matches my energy.

I’m trying really hard to work on not regretting anything. As difficult as things were towards the end with my recent ex, I have nothing but gratitude for the fact I met him and got to know him. I’ve learned an awful lot about myself, including the fact I can still date successfully 😂

not everyone out there is just looking for hook ups, but the culture has become so toxic, even the ones who do want more are stifled by the idea that anything less than being actively cruel isn’t the norm. So I’m going to start with men that are respectful and kind and go from there. I was raised by a feminist father and married a feminist man, I know they’re still out there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
not everyone out there is just looking for hook ups, but the culture has become so toxic, even the ones who do want more are stifled by the idea that anything less than being actively cruel isn’t the norm. So I’m going to start with men that are respectful and kind and go from there. I was raised by a feminist father and married a feminist man, I know they’re still out there.
i’m sorry for trimming your post down but i so so so agree with this. dating culture right now is just cruel, the apps and the wording they use encourage people to view each other as disposable. even when messaging you’re bombarded with “look what else is out here! look who wants to meet you!” - it makes people (okay, mainly men) mean and pampers to their egos. i just can’t do it anymore, my self esteem is low enough 🤣

i too hope that there are decent men out there. my dad is a wonderful man, i have friends who have found them too, it’s just a minefield of lads and “nice guys” here at the moment.

You can find a happy relationship at any age, although I think it is harder once you reach your mid-30s because opportunities to meet new people are fewer and further between and we all come with more complexities - be that children, fall out from past relationships, having unrealistic expectations or being less willing to compromise.

I’d recommend taking time to focus on your personal development if you feel that is causing crisis in your life. To be successful at dating you have to be happy in your own skin, confident in your ability to sort the good from the bad, and resilient enough to deal with the crappy behaviour that sadly often comes with the use of apps.

In terms of a positive story - I was in a 4 year relationship with someone in my 30s that I stayed in for far too long because I didn’t want to be single. When he finally tipped me over the edge I took some time to process what went wrong and what part I had to play in that, and to focus on making myself happy. When I was ready I dipped my toe back into the murky waters and found the experience very different to the last time round because to put it bluntly I was not desperate to meet someone.

My previous desperation at chasing an elusive relationship really clouded my judgement, made me put up with crap, entertain men who were not worth my time, and essentially devalued who I was as a person and made me forget what I was worth and what I brought to the table.

That’s why I’m like a broken record in this group reminding people it’s ok to take a break from dating if it becomes a chore/not enjoyable/literally toxic to your mental health.

I’ve been in a very happy relationship which is approaching the 2.5 year mark, we lived together quite quickly (courtesy of lockdown), bought a house together last year and I’m expecting our first baby at the start of October. That was all I ever wanted and I’m so thankful I have it now, even though it was many years later than I’d hoped for.

Luck played a part in bringing us together - I was about to take a break from the apps but was hungover on NYD and thought I’d fill the time. He’d just joined them again after a 6m break. We wouldn’t have met without connecting on an app so for that reason I’m grateful for them. They are a means to an end and can have positive outcomes amidst the duck boys, cheaters, ghosters and nutters!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is it me or most straight men who are single think any woman who shows them attention is into them when it's not even remotely the truth?

For the past 6 years, I've been "friends" with this male guy I used to work with. We usually chat about various things (mainly work, traveling and a few life things but nothing too personal such as relationships etc). I haven't seen this guy in 3 years due to COVID.

10 days ago, he wrote me something along the lines of "I cannot wait to visit again to see people that I miss, like you for instance". I politely responded and said: "Thank you, that's very nice of you. I miss you too". I honestly didn't mean much by it except for the fact that I was being polite in reciprocating what he said to me. Now, he's gone completely silent. Normally, we chat every week or so and he literally fell off the face of the earth.

I'm thinking he thinks I'm into him and now feels uncomfortable. However, I promise, I am not into him at all. He is just a friend. The worst part is I lost a friendship with a girl who dated him and kept saying she couldn't get past the vibe he was into me. I kept reassuring her saying he's not into me lol.

Reactions: 3
Is it me or most straight men who are single think any woman who shows them attention is into them when it's not even remotely the truth?

For the past 6 years, I've been "friends" with this male guy I used to work with. We usually chat about various things (mainly work, traveling and a few life things but nothing too personal such as relationships etc). I haven't seen this guy in 3 years due to COVID.

10 days ago, he wrote me something along the lines of "I cannot wait to visit again to see people that I miss, like you for instance". I politely responded and said: "Thank you, that's very nice of you. I miss you too". I honestly didn't mean much by it except for the fact that I was being polite in reciprocating what he said to me. Now, he's gone completely silent. Normally, we chat every week or so and he literally fell off the face of the earth.

I'm thinking he thinks I'm into him and now feels uncomfortable. However, I promise, I am not into him at all. He is just a friend. The worst part is I lost a friendship with a girl who dated him and kept saying she couldn't get past the vibe he was into me. I kept reassuring her saying he's not into me lol.
This is such an awkward situation, if it were me I would make a joke if it and be clear you aren’t. But if you aren’t bothered to have him as a friend is it a big loss?

I occasionally talk to a lad I used to work with but it’s mostly about my old job, however I did have one of those dreams about him once or twice but he’s definitely not into me and I don’t think we are in anyway matched either. But he was a nice lad.

Also the Proximity effect is interesting

This is such an awkward situation, if it were me I would make a joke if it and be clear you aren’t. But if you aren’t bothered to have him as a friend is it a big loss?

I occasionally talk to a lad I used to work with but it’s mostly about my old job, however I did have one of those dreams about him once or twice but he’s definitely not into me and I don’t think we are in anyway matched either. But he was a nice lad.

Also the Proximity effect is interesting
Thank you for the advice!

I think I'm going to leave it at that. If he responds, great. If not, not a big deal. People come and go. He is the one who opened that door by saying he "misses me". It's been 10 days since that text in response to his. If I were to text now to "take it back", it's going to come across as weird as too much time has passed by. If he thinks I'm trying to flirt, it's on him, not me.

Thank you for the advice!

I think I'm going to leave it at that. If he responds, great. If not, not a big deal. People come and go. He is the one who opened that door by saying he "misses me". It's been 10 days since that text in response to his. If I were to text now to "take it back", it's going to come across as weird as too much time has passed by. If he thinks I'm trying to flirt, it's on him, not me.
Oh of course, didn’t realise it’s ten days 🙂 my bad, edit: I totally see that in your post now 😝

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.