Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just curious. None of you mention Badoo. It seems to have a dreadful reputation but I'm still in contact with a guy I met on there. Also one from Ok Cupid. Just messages here and there and jokes, that kind of thing.
Is it not the same guys on Badoo then?
Also, ‘looking for someone who is active’ do you all take this as code as ‘looking for someone with zero body fat’? Or is that just me?

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Just curious. None of you mention Badoo. It seems to have a dreadful reputation but I'm still in contact with a guy I met on there. Also one from Ok Cupid. Just messages here and there and jokes, that kind of thing.
I'm on badoo 🙋🏽‍♀️ wouldn't say I've had loads of luck but I definitely get more responses than tinder

Can I ask what you think the difference will be from this thread to a spinster thread? And the difference between a spinster thread and a general chat thread?
Obviously I know this is a dating thread and from the sounds of it, you're saying the spinster thread would be for those who have given up dating; however I'm currently not dating and am half asking the apps when I cba, but I'm still lurking here.

Eta : you general, not asking any particular user

Reactions: 2
I’m actually in the process of setting up a book club for single women because I’m over it all.

I had dinner with a few couples yesterday, and whilst it was lovely I’m getting rather tired of the idea that you’re somehow not good enough / not normal simply because you can’t seem to find a suitable partner.

All my friends are moving forward towards marriage and babies and it’s making me realise I want to spend more time with likeminded people.

I am still on the apps, but I’m not going to let my life revolve around finding the right person. Dating is too exhausting to be thinking of all day every day. It’s so time consuming and nerve wracking.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@MsCurly Like that awful Bridget Jones dinner party with the smug marrieds. One in three marriages will end in divorce said Mark Darcy. Then there's the statistics for dementia & cancer. None of it's looking great! It's a shame we feel our lives don't measure up to others. It's all a waste of energy really on both sides. From the shriveled up spinster to the seemingly successfully married smug couples. Societal pressure ruins so many lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think next thread’s title will be ‘Not dating after lockdown #21’ 🥲 I’m in my early 20s and it already looks like all the decent men are taken!

We’re going to meet Thursday and Saturday night if Thursday goes well too.. I’m excited ☺I usually hate eating infront of people too, I find it awks when you want to talk but to their response your mouth is full of food🙄haha. Anyway. I’ve got hopes - Original Thursday date man text me loads this morning but I cba with him!
Omg I thought it was me I hate eating on the first date I’m a messy eater lol 😂 it’s added anxiety on top of usual date anxiety lol

Reactions: 1
I might go on Badoo and report back. See what those classy guys are messaging these days. 🤔

Omg I thought it was me I hate eating on the first date I’m a messy eater lol 😂 it’s added anxiety on top of usual date anxiety lol
Me too. I get all knotted up in the stomach.

I think next thread’s title will be ‘Not dating after lockdown #21’ 🥲 I’m in my early 20s and it already looks like all the decent men are taken!
Well I hope you are still writing Coop? I haven't forgotten how great your stories were. 😊

Is it not the same guys on Badoo then?
Also, ‘looking for someone who is active’ do you all take this as code as ‘looking for someone with zero body fat’? Or is that just me?
I never thought of it like that, but now I do. Tell me, what is the perfect size to them? Because it’s either too skinny or to fat. They want a Kim kardashian figure and don’t realise that is not achievable in the gym or with any kind of diet. I blame Instagram and photoshop. Half the bodies on their are edited, their chasing what isn’t real. Sorry I’ve had a wine 🤣

@MsCurly Like that awful Bridget Jones dinner party with the smug marrieds. One in three marriages will end in divorce said Mark Darcy. Then there's the statistics for dementia & cancer. None of it's looking great! It's a shame we feel our lives don't measure up to others. It's all a waste of energy really on both sides. From the shriveled up spinster to the seemingly successfully married smug couples. Societal pressure ruins so many lives.
I never understood Bridget Jones when I watched it when I was younger. I used to laugh at it now I relate to it 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i absolutely second this!

mid-30s and struggling to find a man i would be happy knowing my full name.

I’m actually in the process of setting up a book club for single women because I’m over it all.

I had dinner with a few couples yesterday, and whilst it was lovely I’m getting rather tired of the idea that you’re somehow not good enough / not normal simply because you can’t seem to find a suitable partner.

All my friends are moving forward towards marriage and babies and it’s making me realise I want to spend more time with likeminded people.

I am still on the apps, but I’m not going to let my life revolve around finding the right person. Dating is too exhausting to be thinking of all day every day. It’s so time consuming and nerve wracking.
!!!!! - will the bookclub be online somehow?! i would love to join 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i absolutely second this!

mid-30s and struggling to find a man i would be happy knowing my full name.

!!!!! - will the bookclub be online somehow?! i would love to join 💙
I’m actually trying to figure out what type of forum/media would be best! I’ll keep you updated!

I never thought of it like that, but now I do. Tell me, what is the perfect size to them? Because it’s either too skinny or to fat. They want a Kim kardashian figure and don’t realise that is not achievable in the gym or with any kind of diet. I blame Instagram and photoshop. Half the bodies on their are edited, their chasing what isn’t real. Sorry I’ve had a wine 🤣

I never understood Bridget Jones when I watched it when I was younger. I used to laugh at it now I relate to it 🤣
No no I entirely agree with you! The funny thing is that I am more active that some skinnier people I know! I get everyone has their thing though.
I do think there are a lot of men in their late 30s early 40s stuck in a duck boy mindset they can get out of and in a few years they’ll be venturing into creepy older man (not all older men are creepy of course).

Reactions: 3
I feel you! I have an eating disorder so I can’t eat around other people, let alone someone I’m on a date with. So uncomfortable!
I guess you might be right! What they don’t get is that you can be super active and still have body fat. One has to follow a cutting diet every now and then in order to get that lean look. I run every single day so I guess I can be seen as some perverse version of a gym bunny, yet I still have more fat than I’d like to admit… But someone who only likes you for your looks is not a good match for you anyway, so let’s just all agree to tell such guys to go F themselves.
Well I hope you are still writing Coop? I haven't forgotten how great your stories were. 😊
Thanks haha! I’m snowed under with uni work but I’m trying to keep up with writing too! Can’t give it up, hopefully once I go back to dating I will have a story or two to tell you all x

M told me he’s really looking forward to Thursday and he’s going to put his lucky socks on cos he wants a third date 😂🥰 bless him… I’ve had more compliments off him then I have off Thursday date man. He’s in the bin!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So messages tonight:
"Can I flirt with you"
[Me not replying as I'd not been on the app]
"Can I see your bum"
* blocked *

Another guy:
"When are you free? I'd love to meet up with you"
Me: "Friday night & Sunday day"
Him: "oh, I don't know if I'm free then, what about in the week"
Me : "I've got my child in the week"
Him: "so? I'll come round yours"
* blocked *

What is wrong with people 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
So messages tonight:
"Can I flirt with you"
[Me not replying as I'd not been on the app]
"Can I see your bum"
* blocked *

Another guy:
"When are you free? I'd love to meet up with you"
Me: "Friday night & Sunday day"
Him: "oh, I don't know if I'm free then, what about in the week"
Me : "I've got my child in the week"
Him: "so? I'll come round yours"
* blocked *

What is wrong with people 🤦🏽‍♀️
Grrrrr this annoys me!! Why would you invite yourself to a strangers house when they’ve got their kid upstairs asleep. People don’t live in the real world do they?!

Reactions: 5

Loving this tonight.
This is my favourite song of all time ❤

Had a rescheduled second date in the sunshine today! We made each other laugh a lot, I definitely find him attractive and we had a lil smooch next to my car at the end. Third date set up for dinner on Thursday.

Managed to bump into one of his friends (why does this always happen to me on dates????) who apparently messaged him this evening to say she liked me a lot 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is my favourite song of all time ❤

Had a rescheduled second date in the sunshine today! We made each other laugh a lot, I definitely find him attractive and we had a lil smooch next to my car at the end. Third date set up for dinner on Thursday.

Managed to bump into one of his friends (why does this always happen to me on dates????) who apparently messaged him this evening to say she liked me a lot 😂
Ahh always a good sign when the friends like you!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.