Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Are you dating someone right now

• Yes

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Only in my imagination

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Fwb situation

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

Well done to @unidentified for the winning title

If someone could recap that would be fab, added the poll just for interest

Reactions: 9
i have never voted on a poll so fast in my life.

i picked “only in my imagination” obviously 🤣😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m dating someone - We had a small break recently after I had a little wobble about turning 32 and being unsure of what I wanted but I realised how amazing he is. We’ve had our hard times when he had depression but it’s just made us stronger.

I had a lot of ghosts pop up while on our break and he is 100x the man they are with their bullshit.

• Heart
I’m in a relationship. For the first time in about 4 years. It hasn’t been plain sailing, because LIFE, but he’s just the best kind of different. There’s an age gap (think Kim & Pete) but it works for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I can’t answer. I don’t know what the hell I'm doing.

Ended up exchanging numbers with the guy who helped me at the book shop yesterday. He’s really sweet, but not quite my type physically. Meet cute? Or madness?

Ex whatever is due in the office at 1 and I’ve accidentally made myself look like I’m about to go for a night out. I’ve been running around looking for someone to borrow a jumper from for the past hour but it’s so sunny here no one brought one with them.

So pleased to see success stories though 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Clementine 🥰😍🥳🥳🥳🥳 congratulations and I'm loving the age gap 😍 I always attract and dated younger and hate that there is such a stigma attached to it.

@Sandor ..you work it girlfriend !! Remember you are queen mrs and he's bloody lucky to even breath the same air as you ! No idea why I've gone all American love guru in my advice this morning but you get my meaning! Own it lady ! 😉😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m absolutely not dating but I can’t leave these threads because I’m so invested in everyone’s stories (and nosey)! 😅 Was lying in bed last night thinking how you all can find guys worthy of a second date. Must be some kind of magic!

Jokes aside, really glad to see all the ‘happy endings’. Go girls! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So.

What’s the unwritten rules for keeping tinder when you’re waiting for next dates. I think I’m going to delete apps and then concentrate on this guy and see where it leads. I’m on holiday for 10 days anyway so won’t exactly be swiping in Spain 😂 and then we will meet a few days after I get back anyway so. Hopefully I won’t have to re install it.

The only thing that’s annoyed me is he didn’t even compliment me on how I looked but after the date he just said he really enjoyed it so😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m absolutely not dating but I can’t leave these threads because I’m so invested in everyone’s stories (and nosey)! 😅 Was lying in bed last night thinking how you all can find guys worthy of a second date. Must be some kind of magic!

Jokes aside, really glad to see all the ‘happy endings’. Go girls! ❤
same!! i’m glad it’s not just me raymond 💙💙 i don’t know how anyone finds a guy who actually keeps up daily contact tbh!

i’m still reading but will refrain from commenting as i feel like i just burst in and drop an anvil of self-pity in amongst everyone’s lovely posts. it’s so nice to see so many happy stories right now though xx

• Heart
So.

What’s the unwritten rules for keeping tinder when you’re waiting for next dates. I think I’m going to delete apps and then concentrate on this guy and see where it leads. I’m on holiday for 10 days anyway so won’t exactly be swiping in Spain 😂 and then we will meet a few days after I get back anyway so. Hopefully I won’t have to re install it.

The only thing that’s annoyed me is he didn’t even compliment me on how I looked but after the date he just said he really enjoyed it so😂
It’s a personal choice but my opinion is it’s way too soon to come off the app and concentrate on him. It’s not so much about whether you want to be on the app anymore, but the impression you will be giving him. You don’t want to appear to be too eager after one date. It’s not playing games as such, but just pacing things. Just leave your profile up but stay off the app if you don’t want to use it actively. It’s about taking your time and not making impulsive decisions as you go from date to date. Just keep contact going with him and see how it goes. You can make the decision later on down the line 🙂

It’s a personal choice but my opinion is it’s way too soon to come off the app and concentrate on him. It’s not so much about whether you want to be on the app anymore, but the impression you will be giving him. You don’t want to appear to be too eager after one date. It’s not playing games as such, but just pacing things. Just leave your profile up but stay off the app if you don’t want to use it actively. It’s about taking your time and not making impulsive decisions as you go from date to date. Just keep contact going with him and see how it goes. You can make the decision later on down the line 🙂
Thank you - this is good advice ❤. Gunna just delete the app from my Home Screen but keep it installed incase!

I can’t answer. I don’t know what the hell I'm doing.

Ended up exchanging numbers with the guy who helped me at the book shop yesterday. He’s really sweet, but not quite my type physically. Meet cute? Or madness?

Ex whatever is due in the office at 1 and I’ve accidentally made myself look like I’m about to go for a night out. I’ve been running around looking for someone to borrow a jumper from for the past hour but it’s so sunny here no one brought one with them.

So pleased to see success stories though 😊
That sounds like a meet cute to me. If nothing else, how flattering for you 😉

Thank you - this is good advice ❤. Gunna just delete the app from my Home Screen but keep it installed incase!
Good plan! 🙂

@Clementine 🥰😍🥳🥳🥳🥳 congratulations and I'm loving the age gap 😍 I always attract and dated younger and hate that there is such a stigma attached to it.

@Sandor ..you work it girlfriend !! Remember you are queen mrs and he's bloody lucky to even breath the same air as you ! No idea why I've gone all American love guru in my advice this morning but you get my meaning! Own it lady ! 😉😘
I always attract younger too and I prefer younger guys! I hate how guys get applauded for having a woman a few years younger but it’s kind of a stigma for us to go younger! American love guru 🤣 I like it

Yes deffo too soon and she might be tempting fate or kind of ‘jinxing’ it with him if she deletes the apps. If things go well with him then by all means get rid of the apps but for now keep swiping and keep your options open girl. I saw that 3 is the amount of ppl you should ideally be matching and speaking with on apps at a time. How on earth do you find 3 males to have a conversation with on there that doesn’t involve sex!?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I always attract younger too and I prefer younger guys! I hate how guys get applauded for having a woman a few years younger but it’s kind of a stigma for us to go younger! American love guru 🤣 I like it

Yes deffo too soon and she might be tempting fate or kind of ‘jinxing’ it with him if she deletes the apps. If things go well with him then by all means get rid of the apps but for now keep swiping and keep your options open girl. I saw that 3 is the amount of ppl you should ideally be matching and speaking with on apps at a time. How on earth do you find 3 males to have a conversation with on there that doesn’t involve sex!?
3 people! I hardly have time for one let alone 3 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
So.

Did you compliment him ?! 🤔
We've talked about the 1st date 2nd date jinx lots on here. 1 date does not maketh a relationship! Personally if it were me I would message him and say you enjoyed meeting him and look forward to seeing him after holiday and that you will be in touch on your return
and not contact him til you get home, his erratic style of communication causes you anxiety and it would be a shame to have that cloud your holiday. Just a thought..

@al255 if you want some breathing space you can always just hide your card too but you’ll still see if you get messages from previous matches etc

@Bagpuss7 @Belle123 That’s the energy I needed! I look great (for my withered self). I’m going to own it today and Book Guy gets a chance at the very least. He made me laugh A LOT.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did you compliment him ?! 🤔
We've talked about the 1st date 2nd date jinx lots on here. 1 date does not maketh a relationship! Personally if it were me I would message him and say you enjoyed meeting him and look forward to seeing him after holiday and that you will be in touch on your return
and not contact him til you get home, his erratic style of communication causes you anxiety and it would be a shame to have that cloud your holiday. Just a thought..
Yeah I did after. Yeah he’s getting a bit better but I think I need to remember what he said about not being a big tester, equally I hardly go on my phone on hol anyway so I’m usually in the pool etc. i think him reassuring me that he doesn’t really like texting helps a little, he also said he will always reply or if he leaves me on read it’s not on purpose etc. He said he’s had girls in the past that go mad if he doesn’t reply etc , (wow!!!). Will just see how it goes I guess x

Reactions: 1
Thank you! ❤ He’s an old soul and I’m an idiot so it balances itself out 😂

The stigma can be tiresome. It generally seems to be more of an issue for people outwith the relationship than the two people actually in it.

• Heart
Well I’ve just remind myself why I don’t have social media. Just used my mums to stalk a guy I was seeing just before lockdown (a few nice dates, came to my house a few times for a drink film etc). I actually been considering texting him due to the fact we only didn’t work because of distance between us and me working days him working nights. So anyway I checked his fb to see if he was single before hand and he is.
Click on his likes and it’s loads of girls from round my area! (Not very nice ones either) When he lives in another city! Ick ick ick. Honestly their for everyone now lol it’s put me in a mood but I guess it’s a sign to not contact him. I could cry though social media makes nothing/no one exclusive or private anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.