Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woohoooo ! Result ! Fingers crossed you get a date 2 under your belt 🥰

So I nearly threw my phone out the window last night ! Had the misfortune to ' meet ' Russ on Tinder! What is it with average looking middle aged men that think they are Brad Pitt ...he apparently only dates skinny women but fancied trying a date with a curvy women 🤨 but he didn't want to lead me on or give me false hope because he's never been with a curvy women....firstly wtaf and secondly wtaf ! My response back, once he took a breath from his spewing forth of message after message... oh dear poor you, I'm soo sorry you've got to the age of 45 and never had the pleasure of a curvy woman! You might want to reconsider your sales pitch because fat shaming and being presumptious ( have i indicated i would date you ? Err noo ) is a massive turnoff ! I then removed him from my curvy presence! 🗑
Honestly what rock are these men living under!

And FYI I'm tall and I'm a size 16/18 and I'm bloody sexy as ....! No issue getting dates just not with men I like !! 🙄
We’re going to meet Thursday and Saturday night if Thursday goes well too.. I’m excited ☺I usually hate eating infront of people too, I find it awks when you want to talk but to their response your mouth is full of food🙄haha. Anyway. I’ve got hopes - Original Thursday date man text me loads this morning but I cba with him!

Reactions: 6
We’re going to meet Thursday and Saturday night if Thursday goes well too.. I’m excited ☺I usually hate eating infront of people too, I find it awks when you want to talk but to their response your mouth is full of food🙄haha. Anyway. I’ve got hopes - Original Thursday date man text me loads this morning but I cba with him!
Always the way… once you decide you cba they come running back 🙄 drives me insane! Soo predictable haha

Reactions: 4
I have given up completely. I can’t even bring myself to open the apps let alone chat to someone. Residing to the fact I’m going to be a spinster with dogs but I’d rather this than me in an unhappy relationship. My daughters dad got married yesterday and she said to me how strange it is to her that she had a married parent. That made me really sad. I wish I could have given her the lovely family childhood I had.
I'm sure you have given her a lovely childhood, sometimes staying with someone is the wrong decision for all involved. Just because you're single doesn't mean she has lacked or gone without 💗 I'm single and have been the majority of my daughter's life so far and I think I'm doing a pretty good job lol she's definitely got a better childhood than I had!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Another one over here who never leaves the house and complains of not meeting people 😁

My latest strategy to get out of the house is to try getting into running and cycling because 1) it's a great thing to do for yourself and by yourself 2) there are many groups to join and potentially meet people.

The only trouble is that I can't do any of that at the moment and it's incredibly tough to get out of the comfort zone 🤣 I'll keep trying and if anyone else has similar ideas we can have a support group 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another one over here who never leaves the house and complains of not meeting people 😁

My latest strategy to get out of the house is to try getting into running and cycling because 1) it's a great thing to do for yourself and by yourself 2) there are many groups to join and potentially meet people.

The only trouble is that I can't do any of that at the moment and it's incredibly tough to get out of the comfort zone 🤣 I'll keep trying and if anyone else has similar ideas we can have a support group 😁
i would love a support group! i’ll set up a date 😉

good on you for having a strategy - that’s a great start. i’m struggling at the movement because my work is SO busy that once i’m home and the loungewear is on, that’s it 🤣 i think it’s very easy to get into the sense of home being sanctuary and the idea of leaving it and getting out there is scary. it sounds like you have a good plan 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm sure you have given her a lovely childhood, sometimes staying with someone is the wrong decision for all involved. Just because you're single doesn't mean she has lacked or gone without 💗 I'm single and have been the majority of my daughter's life so far and I think I'm doing a pretty good job lol she's definitely got a better childhood than I had!
Oh thank you, that’s really lovely of you to say. It is all she’s known because her dad and I split when I was pregnant. We left it where we got on but knew we weren’t meant to be (he was boring - oh the joys of being 18). I just know how much of a perfect childhood I had. Parents who loved each other very much. Spent quality time with us. Sundays were family days. I wanted that for her so bad. I know I’m doing a good job lately which is a nice feeling. I’m sure you’re doing an amazing job too.

My problem is I don’t leave the house other than to work or to walk the dog too. I’m all for the spinster thread 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Woohoooo ! Result ! Fingers crossed you get a date 2 under your belt 🥰

So I nearly threw my phone out the window last night ! Had the misfortune to ' meet ' Russ on Tinder! What is it with average looking middle aged men that think they are Brad Pitt ...he apparently only dates skinny women but fancied trying a date with a curvy women 🤨 but he didn't want to lead me on or give me false hope because he's never been with a curvy women....firstly wtaf and secondly wtaf ! My response back, once he took a breath from his spewing forth of message after message... oh dear poor you, I'm soo sorry you've got to the age of 45 and never had the pleasure of a curvy woman! You might want to reconsider your sales pitch because fat shaming and being presumptious ( have i indicated i would date you ? Err noo ) is a massive turnoff ! I then removed him from my curvy presence! 🗑
Honestly what rock are these men living under!

And FYI I'm tall and I'm a size 16/18 and I'm bloody sexy as ....! No issue getting dates just not with men I like !! 🙄
I bet he wasn’t even 6’, was he?! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i would love a support group! i’ll set up a date 😉

good on you for having a strategy - that’s a great start. i’m struggling at the movement because my work is SO busy that once i’m home and the loungewear is on, that’s it 🤣 i think it’s very easy to get into the sense of home being sanctuary and the idea of leaving it and getting out there is scary. it sounds like you have a good plan 💙
I'm an expert in making plans and then staying in. It's exactly that, we nailed this single woman enjoying her home too much ☺

• Heart
I bet he wasn’t even 6’, was he?! 🙄
I never asked ! He only had head shots but he was local so that's why I swiped. He literally sent me message and message and didn't allow me to respond til the very end !

I'm all for the spinster thread too ! Can we come up with some funny suggestions for a title ?

Reactions: 2
I’m debating deleting my bumble account and making a new one. My 3 conversations are dead and I think I’ve swiped all the attractive men… but I know what I think when I see the same people over and over again when they make new profiles and I roll my eyes at them… like, why do they keep making new accounts? 😂🙄

• Haha
I’m debating deleting my bumble account and making a new one. My 3 conversations are dead and I think I’ve swiped all the attractive men… but I know what I think when I see the same people over and over again when they make new profiles and I roll my eyes at them… like, why do they keep making new accounts? 😂🙄
i feel like i’ve “completed” bumble too 🤣

but yes at the annoyance at seeing the same men, with the same “quirky” profiles, over and over. most of them are fairly inoffensive and it’s not their fault but the RAGE i feel when i see them 🤣 i’m just like no not you again whhhyy. why can’t there be a super swipe where once you’ve swiped in one place you swipe everywhere.

Last edited:
Just curious. None of you mention Badoo. It seems to have a dreadful reputation but I'm still in contact with a guy I met on there. Also one from Ok Cupid. Just messages here and there and jokes, that kind of thing.

i feel like i’ve “completed” bumble too 🤣

but yes at the annoyance at seeing the same men, with the same “quirky” profiles, over and over. most of them are fairly inoffensive and it’s not their fault but the RAGE i feel when i see them 🤣 i’m just like no not you again whhhyy. why can’t there be a super swipe where once you’ve swiped in one place you swipe everywhere.
Hahah I get the same ones that swipe me every time and it really winds me up. It’s not their fault, they’re just shooting their shot, but I always swipe no to them. I’m thinking I should match with them just to tell them to stop swiping me because I’m not interested… but that’s a bit brutal. I wonder if men on bumble think the same when they see me every few months saying I’m a new member when actually I just delete and reactive my account every few months. 🥴

• Haha
Just curious. None of you mention Badoo. It seems to have a dreadful reputation but I'm still in contact with a guy I met on there. Also one from Ok Cupid. Just messages here and there and jokes, that kind of thing.
I was on there for a few years but that is the one app ( unless it has changed) that they can send dick pics, although you have to agree to accepting the pics ...also I had some just randomly call me which was a bit disconcerting ! Same faces on there too though tbh.

@Bagpuss7 Yes I remember one messaged me just asking for my address! First message! Also the one who was trussed up in wire. It's funny, I obviously can't show it but on POF the other day I looked at the online members & there were about six men in a row, all bald, all looking very similar. Like a Mitchell brothers line up. 😑😑😑😑😑😑

• Wow
I just found out that spinster used to be reserved for women 23-26. Jesus! I’m definitely past that 😱 It also said after you turned 26 if you were unmarried you became a.... THORNBACK. Spinster thread name!? It’s been a while since I’ve been in the sack…I must be a thornback 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.