Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all. Sooooo I met up with M tonight. We met on hinge and have been whatsapping and I was at a loose end after I went for tea with my friends so I said does he want to do something. We went for a date to our local and It went SO well!

He isn’t my usual type AT ALL, in fact the opposite but he was so lovely and we go on really well. He has such kind eyes and half way through the date he was asking me what my plans where for the week so I said oh I’m child free Thursday night so he asked me if I wanted to see him Thursday, he will take me out for a meal and drinks! He said I looked lovely and really complimenting me, compared to Thursday date man he’s everything I look for in a man. He’s only been single since Feb though so but I want to take it slow. I think I will end up seeing him on Saturday too as I’m free then and he said that’s fine, he will make plans for us! Just so happy, I got in my car after the date and I felt such a nice warm feeling. He gave me a huge hug at the end and gave me a kiss on the lips. I’m really excited to see him again.

As for Thursday date man well…. He’s out the question atm. I will text him when he texts me but I’m not going out my way!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi all. Sooooo I met up with M tonight. We met on hinge and have been whatsapping and I was at a loose end after I went for tea with my friends so I said does he want to do something. We went for a date to our local and It went SO well!

He isn’t my usual type AT ALL, in fact the opposite but he was so lovely and we go on really well. He has such kind eyes and half way through the date he was asking me what my plans where for the week so I said oh I’m child free Thursday night so he asked me if I wanted to see him Thursday, he will take me out for a meal and drinks! He said I looked lovely and really complimenting me, compared to Thursday date man he’s everything I look for in a man. He’s only been single since Feb though so but I want to take it slow. I think I will end up seeing him on Saturday too as I’m free then and he said that’s fine, he will make plans for us! Just so happy, I got in my car after the date and I felt such a nice warm feeling. He gave me a huge hug at the end and gave me a kiss on the lips. I’m really excited to see him again.

As for Thursday date man well…. He’s out the question atm. I will text him when he texts me but I’m not going out my way!
Glad you had a lovely time!

Reactions: 3
So I gave my number to a guy on Friday evening. Absolute my type 💯 and we seemed to have great flirty banter. And I’m trying the real life dating as oppose to online I’m not on any dating apps and haven’t been for a while now they aren’t for me. And have I heard anything off him? Have I balls! And even if I do after today I won’t respond, 3 day rule as stated above is a great idea lol. Anyone else feel more single than ever on a Sunday or jus me? Obviously the hangover don’t help lol

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Two days after I ignored Commitmentphobe's voice note, I deleted our messages. Two hours later, he pops up with a message saying "well, I hope you're good and hope to bump into you somewhere" and with some chatty comment about seeing my employer in the news.

Is there some way of someone knowing you've deleted them? Because that timing was spooky. Bloody hell now I see why people block people 😅 I won't be replying, I have nothing to say. It's insane that after three weeks, he's given me two days before chasing.
What on earth, please block him ASAP! He had his chance and blew it, now you have all the right to move, you don’t owe him anything.
We all miss those things it’s totally normal! You can be totally happy single (I think I am) and still feel a tinge of sadness, especially when it’s happening all around you. Your bound to feel like that after you had a connection for a few years! You won’t miss out though on those things they just won’t be with him. Don’t give up but do give yourself time to heal 😊 it’s crazy to me how men can just switch up so quickly!
I agree with Dolly 100% @altgirl! You can be happy on your own and still feel sorry for yourself sometimes. Don’t give up but don’t rush into things, it’s so important to act level-headed when it comes to dating.
Hi gang,

I’m back and very single 😩. Gutted. I feel such a fool cos I ignored so many red flags just cos I fancied the pants off him.
He could just be so viscous. He doesn't even see his own daughter FFS. Major anger issues.

I’m devastated but so grateful to have you guys to talk to. Hope you’re all well. I’m off to drown my sorrows in a duck-tonne of booze 😭
I’m so sorry to hear that Bunny! He sounds like a piece of work so it’s all for the best. You don’t need an abuser in your life. Sending you a big hug 🫂

Aww that’s exciting Al! M sounds like a nice guy so far. Hope your next date goes just as well as this one!
Random one, what are your thoughts on people posting their new relationships on social media to prove to exes they are happy? To me it screams insecurity and a little immature
My thoughts exactly. I do have social media but never share any deeply personal info such as relationship status or place of work. I don’t feel the need to prove to anyone that I’m doing fine (and my ex and I split rather amicably anyway).

• Heart

Woohoooo ! Result ! Fingers crossed you get a date 2 under your belt 🥰

So I nearly threw my phone out the window last night ! Had the misfortune to ' meet ' Russ on Tinder! What is it with average looking middle aged men that think they are Brad Pitt ...he apparently only dates skinny women but fancied trying a date with a curvy women 🤨 but he didn't want to lead me on or give me false hope because he's never been with a curvy women....firstly wtaf and secondly wtaf ! My response back, once he took a breath from his spewing forth of message after message... oh dear poor you, I'm soo sorry you've got to the age of 45 and never had the pleasure of a curvy woman! You might want to reconsider your sales pitch because fat shaming and being presumptious ( have i indicated i would date you ? Err noo ) is a massive turnoff ! I then removed him from my curvy presence! 🗑
Honestly what rock are these men living under!

And FYI I'm tall and I'm a size 16/18 and I'm bloody sexy as ....! No issue getting dates just not with men I like !! 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@Bagpuss7 I have shared this before but I went on a date with someone and he said "You're not bad looking but your arse is too flat & your lips are too thin". I mean ... If that doesn't sum up rude, entitled, immature, asshole I don't know what does!?

Maybe thought I'd be a Kardashian clone.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
@Bagpuss7 I have shared this before but I went on a date with someone and he said "You're not bad looking but your arse is too flat & your lips are too thin". I mean ... If that doesn't sum up rude, entitled, immature, asshole I don't know what does!?
Just sooo rude! And the fact they say the words out loud that shouldn't be in their heads in the first place ! I was reading his messages and swearing at my phone in disbelief ! Sadly there are probably women that get those messages and it devastates them ..made me really grumpy that he thought it was acceptable to message that way ...so the first date would be like an audition to see if my curvy ness was acceptable?! What an 🤬🤬

Woohoooo ! Result ! Fingers crossed you get a date 2 under your belt 🥰

So I nearly threw my phone out the window last night ! Had the misfortune to ' meet ' Russ on Tinder! What is it with average looking middle aged men that think they are Brad Pitt ...he apparently only dates skinny women but fancied trying a date with a curvy women 🤨 but he didn't want to lead me on or give me false hope because he's never been with a curvy women....firstly wtaf and secondly wtaf ! My response back, once he took a breath from his spewing forth of message after message... oh dear poor you, I'm soo sorry you've got to the age of 45 and never had the pleasure of a curvy woman! You might want to reconsider your sales pitch because fat shaming and being presumptious ( have i indicated i would date you ? Err noo ) is a massive turnoff ! I then removed him from my curvy presence! 🗑
Honestly what rock are these men living under!

And FYI I'm tall and I'm a size 16/18 and I'm bloody sexy as ....! No issue getting dates just not with men I like !! 🙄
I have no words, what an asshole! The average woman in the UK is a size 16, has he been living under a rock?
I went on a date with someone and he said "You're not bad looking but your arse is too flat & your lips are too thin"
This is where you get up and leave! How childish and rude of him to say that.

Reactions: 5
@Bagpuss7 It's all so vile isn't it? I don't reply to anyone these days. I do remember on guy who seemed to be ok and then while I was at work sent me an "I'm so horny at the moment". I just blocked him but really felt like saying "Well it's a good job you're not here because I'm washing up a meat cleaver & that thing would be gone in a second!" I have all these acronyms for them. He was COWL (Carry on wanking loser). I genuinely have never felt like this towards the male species until the apps.

I have no words, what an asshole! The average woman in the UK is a size 16, has he been living under a rock?

This is where you get up and leave! How childish and rude of him to say that.
I did but he actually wasn't the worst. Another one I met in the car park before the pub and he pulled out his rather puny Wilson. 🤢 We should write a book but no doubt the lads would be cheering each other on!

Oh yeah and his photos must have been 15 years out of date. He came across ok chatting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Bagpuss7 It's all so vile isn't it? I don't reply to anyone these days. I do remember on guy who seemed to be ok and then while I was at work sent me an "I'm so horny at the moment". I just blocked him but really felt like saying "Well it's a good job you're not here because I'm washing up a meat cleaver & that thing would be gone in a second!" I have all these acronyms for them. He was COWL (Carry on wanking loser). I genuinely have never felt like this towards the male species until the apps.
Yes yes yes to this ! I read some of the messages I receive in utter disbelief that these creatures exist out there and have such low intelligence and more importantly such poor basic manners skills in how to speak to another human being !!! The " I'm sooo horny " messages from men I barely know fill me with equal amounts of inner rage and real disappointment!

On the plus side im speaking to a delicious teacher who has made me laugh out loud with his banter on Tinder ...sadly no message this morning yet but I'm hopeful he appears today ! 🤞

Just checked Tinder ...teacher has gone 😔 don't understand why , will never understand it ! Ahh well ..we keep trying 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
I did but he actually wasn't the worst. Another one I met in the car park before the pub and he pulled out his rather puny Wilson. 🤢 We should write a book but no doubt the lads would be cheering each other on!
Whyyyyyyy are they like this?! At best, that's laughable but at worst, it's sexual harassment. Christ. Makes me so mad.

I have given up completely. I can’t even bring myself to open the apps let alone chat to someone. Residing to the fact I’m going to be a spinster with dogs but I’d rather this than me in an unhappy relationship. My daughters dad got married yesterday and she said to me how strange it is to her that she had a married parent. That made me really sad. I wish I could have given her the lovely family childhood I had.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Is Thursday date man the one you met before you went on holiday?

I have given up completely. I can’t even bring myself to open the apps let alone chat to someone. Residing to the fact I’m going to be a spinster with dogs but I’d rather this than me in an unhappy relationship. My daughters dad got married yesterday and she said to me how strange it is to her that she had a married parent. That made me really sad. I wish I could have given her the lovely family childhood I had.
I’m the same right now. Totally couldn’t be less bothered.

Hi gang,

I’m back and very single 😩. Gutted. I feel such a fool cos I ignored so many red flags just cos I fancied the pants off him.
He could just be so viscous. He doesn't even see his own daughter FFS. Major anger issues.

I’m devastated but so grateful to have you guys to talk to. Hope you’re all well. I’m off to drown my sorrows in a duck-tonne of booze 😭
Sorry to hear this Bunny. It had been a while hadn’t it?

Reactions: 3
this is where i’m at too (though a spinster with lots of books rather than dogs, i’m dogsitting for my parents this week though so technically have A dog!) - it’s really hard and i hope you’re doing okay 💙

at this point i don’t know what’s wrong. i message first, i get nothing. i don’t message first, i get nothing, messages never seem to get to the fun voicenote and facetime stage. on the verge of posting my profile to that reddit so i can get feedback because i’m not sure if it’s normal to get so little attention 🤣 on the flip side, there’s so much stress with work and money right now that the thought of spending actual cash to go and meet someone in the hope they might want to see me a second time is just too much. not to mention all these news stories about creepy and dangerous men. am i just happier in my safe little house by myself? i just feel like, at some point, life is going to feel very long without romantic love.

wow. happy sunday folks 🤣💙

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m sorry to hear you are feeling down. Please don’t be hard on yourself, life in general (and dating life in particular) has its ups and downs, and the fact that you at a relatively low point right now doesn’t mean it will never get better. I know it’s hardly a consolation right now but it’s true. Sending so much love your way ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ah thank you everyone. I didn’t mean to be a Debbie downer and bring the mood down. I think after being single for over 8 years and only 2 dates in that time I’ve concluded it is never going to happen.

• Heart
  • Sad

Maybe thought I'd be a Kardashian clone.
So it’s not just an hole I’ve come across who’s been like this then!! Who do they think they are? Him ‘I’ll be honest I prefer curvy brunettes’ me - a skinny petite blonde. Ok it’s ok to have preferences but maybe go after them then? My response.. well I usually date tall guys but you can’t be what a few inches taller than me (I’m small lol) if you’ve nothing nice to say don’t say anything!

Just sooo rude! And the fact they say the words out loud that shouldn't be in their heads in the first place ! I was reading his messages and swearing at my phone in disbelief ! Sadly there are probably women that get those messages and it devastates them ..made me really grumpy that he thought it was acceptable to message that way ...so the first date would be like an audition to see if my curvy ness was acceptable?! What an 🤬🤬
On behalf of curvy women everywhere, they don’t want you mate!! And that’s coming from a skinny girl and I wouldn’t have him either frankly for body shaming other women. Your right it could effect someone’s confidence. They lack confidence themselves that’s why they try to destroy ours

Oh yeah and his photos must have been 15 years out of date. He came across ok chatting.
That meat cleaver comment sent me 🤣🤣

How I be feeling today!! Sometimes you have to allow yourself to feel like this though. As much as it’s great to think positive about single life, there’s no point bottling emotions up. I’m allowing myself a day of feeling sorry for myself today lol. I’m feeling like a spinster too. I’m not on the apps and I barely leave the house, I don’t know where I’d even meet anyone lol. My friends planning her holiday with her man. I haven’t ever been on holiday except one weekend break with a partner.
Will I get to experience these things or? I think it’s easier to say ‘I give up’ sometimes than still keep hoping because when your hoping your waiting for it. When you give up you couldn’t give a tit which is where I’m usually at, bar today lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.