Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi gang,

I’m back and very single 😩. Gutted. I feel such a fool cos I ignored so many red flags just cos I fancied the pants off him.
He could just be so viscous. He doesn't even see his own daughter FFS. Major anger issues.

I’m devastated but so grateful to have you guys to talk to. Hope you’re all well. I’m off to drown my sorrows in a duck-tonne of booze 😭
Ahh I’m so sorry to hear this. You’re definitely better off without by the sounds of things. What happened?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks guys. I’m pretty pissed now and want to respond to you coherently so I’ll reply properly tomorrow. Just to say I love you guys and this incredibly supportive thread. 😭💐💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi gang,

I’m back and very single 😩. Gutted. I feel such a fool cos I ignored so many red flags just cos I fancied the pants off him.
He could just be so viscous. He doesn't even see his own daughter FFS. Major anger issues.

I’m devastated but so grateful to have you guys to talk to. Hope you’re all well. I’m off to drown my sorrows in a duck-tonne of booze 😭
I’m so sorry about this. Not sure how much you should tolerate anger issues. Sometimes we try to give it time and understand things. See them as flawed humans. It’s only when we’re on the other side the red flags show clearly as red to us. I hope you’re as ok as you can be. Sending a massive hug. Drown those sorrows and have a good cry. You’re a strong lady and you’ll be absolutely fine in time ❤ x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So sorry to hear that @BunnyLebowski. Sending so much love. I was with someone before with anger issues and you stay and try to help but ultimately you can’t. Thinking of you❤

• Heart
I'm stuck in such a rut with texting, have zero energy for it. When I get like this, there can be a couple of years where I don't go on a date. I decided that this year I'll put more effort into it, but 5 months in and after only a couple of dates with 2 men, I'm exhausted. I keep wishing I'll meet someone randomly, deus ex machina, but no. I know it sounds like such a first world problem, but I'm genuinely annoyed by myself 🥲

• Heart
Hey @BunnyLebowski good to hear from you on here again but gutted it's under sad circumstances 😢 sending a hug 🫂

What a week! Highs lows and flakey men! Decided today I'm not putting up with the inconsistent inconsistencies anymore so had a number cull off my phone and unmatchathon on Tinder...

implementing the 3 day rule ..again..no contact in 3 days = deleted / romoved/ binned...I'm not being treated as an option. Any that reappear after 3 days are left on unread and deleted straight away !

No more Miss nice Bagpuss7! 💪

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@Bagpuss7 When they'd return after ghosting for sometime I'd take great pleasure in telling them I had met someone really hot! 🤣
Yes yes yes ! 🥰

I just can not be ar*ed with these men any longer !
Had a date set up for tomorrow night, having wrestled with myself about agreeing to it, so all week we chatted and had a call last week and then one on Tuesday afternoon..both calls were hard work tbh, me leading the convo..he said for me to choose the restaurant which was lovely of him so during the chat I mentioned " how about...." no real enthusiasm from him, no leave it with me I'll book it etc, just blahhhh....ended the call no problems but I felt flat tbh, and we've not spoken or text since! I've deleted him off my phone...beyond odd but I think my gut was already telling me he was hard work!

The others I've been chatting too ..
1. Lunatic ex who he's fighting for access to a child he never wanted... 🗑
2. Started off great but suddenly " what are you upto, I'm in bed / getting in shower/ wish you were here" has crept in... 🗑
3. Nice but dull, we talk about plants ..alot ! 🗑
4. He's done 75 miles at a spinning class this week and he's run most evenings and will run lots this weekend 🥱🥱🥱....🗑

I'm bored sh*tless by them all, not gonna lie!

I've also had 2 exs try to take me on a trip down memory lane this week! 🗑🗑

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@Bagpuss7 You'd be better off watching paint dry! It's all so tedious isn't it?

Also the "What are you up to?" They're hoping you're in bed thinking about their dick because that's what they're thinking about ... Ad nauseam. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
@Bagpuss7 You'd be better off watching paint dry! It's all so tedious isn't it?

Also the "What are you up to?" They're hoping you're in bed thinking about their dick because that's what they're thinking about ... Ad nauseam. 🙄
Absolutely! What do they imagine I'm doing at 7am or 11.30pm - the answer they are hoping for is in bed which I never reply with even if i am! My go to response " oh just watching the news / just popping to Sainsburys!" They soon stop texting!

..that has got to be right up there with one of the questions that irritates me sooo much !

• Haha
A while back I mentioned having a little crush on a guy who was teaching me a musical instrument lol…well we have been emailing back and forth a little and I sensed a little flirty vibe (asking me to come see gigs he’s doing etc) so l left my number at the end of the last email😬😬😬 Soooo scared I was too forward and judged the situation wrong?!

Hi ladies, happy sunny Saturday 🌞

Have any of you got any witty comebacks to the demands for pics? Not sexual ones...just the " send me a pic" " let's see you " " just want to see more of you" .... hate when they put me in the position where I have to respond to this!

Good luck Milly. Fortune favours the brave and all that. Fingers crossed for you.

I’m so gutted about D. I’ve got 2 days off work next week as we were supposed to be going away. What the duck am I gonna do instead? 😩

Have any of you got any witty comebacks to the demands for pics? Not sexual ones...just the " send me a pic" " let's see you " " just want to see more of you" .... hate when they put me in the position where I have to respond to this!
Umm say ‘you first’? That way you can find out if they just want sex pics.

Good luck Milly. Fortune favours the brave and all that. Fingers crossed for you.

I’m so gutted about D. I’ve got 2 days off work next week as we were supposed to be going away. What the duck am I gonna do instead? 😩

Umm say ‘you first’? That way you can find out if they just want sex pics.
I'm sorry things didn't work with D Bunny but it is lovely to have you back here, always love your advice.
You can have a lovely day for YOU! I'm doing that today, bumble guy is just being a total knob because he's ill and i have the ick and the agg. I'm going to get my hair done then I'm going in town for a shop to treat myself and buy something lovely for dinner. Favourite movie and face mask tonight...perfect! We are our own best friends, who needs men xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9

easily, i say “nope” 🤣 there’s enough carefully selected photos of me on my profile, thank you very much, i don’t need to hand over more for your approval.

it’s tricky to say “just want to see more of you” without immediately being creepy too tbh 🤢

Reactions: 4
easily, i say “nope” 🤣 there’s enough carefully selected photos of me on my profile, thank you very much, i don’t need to hand over more for your approval.

it’s tricky to say “just want to see more of you” without immediately being creepy too tbh 🤢
"See more of me" but not really asking any actual questions! It's soo strange! I also find that if they randomly send one ( I never ask for pics! ) they then ask/ expect me to send one back! 😤

@Bagpuss7
I'm not a native English speaker and I kind of really liked the "what are you up to" as it seemed much more chilled than "what have you been doing" or boring "how was your day". Now you've freaked me out, will they think I'm a naked girl in bed hoping they're horny? 🤣

My story is stupid but hey ho, I'm happy with whatever small positive note I can get these days.

I was walking around some supermarket earlier today and crossed paths with a really cute guy, we looked at each other. I didn't think much of it. I really don't notice guys or even care for them these days because other things in life have become my priority. I hadn't noticed a guy since before the pandemic. Anyways. After this guy walked past me, I kept thinking to myself "man, he is so cute". He is my type but a bit more edgy than what I would normally be attracted to. About 20 minutes later, I was standing in line to pay for my items. The line was quite long (about 10 people waiting - I was sort of in the middle). He walked towards me with a big smile and asked if this was the line, then I said yes and went back to checking my phone lol.

I know this story is completely stupid, but I thought it was quite interesting that he approached me specifically and not the other people who where in front or behind me. For what we know, he's not even into women, but at least, I got to interact with a cute guy lol.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@suzuka : Aw. Thank you so much for asking ❤. I have been OK. I'm trying to keep afloat and focus on what is important these days. I've been working on developing better and healthier boundaries in various aspects of my life hoping this will lead to me feeling a better.

I hope all is well with you!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.