Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update on Mr Ghosting, he text today saying "I'm still here x". I messaged back (hours later) saying "busy boy?". I then hear nothing again! He can F*** Off!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
That’s a lot of contact, if I’m honest. I’m not criticising you at all but, as an outsider, that looks like an intense level of contact for two strangers. He may have stupidly thought that, after committing to that amount of contact, or realising you cannot be easily manipulated, he had to tell a whopper of a lie to justify exiting, rather than look bad by saying he had changed his mind.
Hi Belle, quite possibly. He always facetimed me, at work, in his car, walking to the shop, once he was home in the evening..not long long calls just more a visual form of texting if that makes sense ? Only thing that changed was last week he started to make sexual comments and i wasn't playing ball, i made the halitosis comment to him jokingly...I'm wondering if that may have triggered the odd disappearing act ( we did have a ghosting chat early on and I used the word cowardly to which he agreed!) But honestly I've no idea ..I think he picked the wrong cancer to use with me but that maybe his truth and just unfortunate coincidence but again I don't know. In my experience these men usually reappear at some point down the line with a load of old baloney excuses !

Reactions: 5
Hi Belle, quite possibly. He always facetimed me, at work, in his car, walking to the shop, once he was home in the evening..not long long calls just more a visual form of texting if that makes sense ? Only thing that changed was last week he started to make sexual comments and i wasn't playing ball, i made the halitosis comment to him jokingly...I'm wondering if that may have triggered the odd disappearing act ( we did have a ghosting chat early on and I used the word cowardly to which he agreed!) But honestly I've no idea ..I think he picked the wrong cancer to use with me but that maybe his truth and just unfortunate coincidence but again I don't know. In my experience these men usually reappear at some point down the line with a load of old baloney excuses !
Only you know how you feel about it all. If you were happy with the contact, that’s all that matters. Depends on the sexual comments, but I personally don’t like that when I’m looking for someone wanting a serious relationship too. Again, only you know your own boundaries. You’re right, he may pop up again. He’s made you question him so much, I doubt you’d feel confident chatting to him again, let alone meeting up, but you’d judge that for yourself x

• Heart
Only you know how you feel about it all. If you were happy with the contact, that’s all that matters. Depends on the sexual comments, but I personally don’t like that when I’m looking for someone wanting a serious relationship too. Again, only you know your own boundaries. You’re right, he may pop up again. He’s made you question him so much, I doubt you’d feel confident chatting to him again, let alone meeting up, but you’d judge that for yourself x
Oh I'm done! If he's lied about the bowel cancer knowing what I've been through there's no coming back from that. And tbh, I don't do well with men that cause me worry and drama! I know we've not met in person but there has to be a certain level of courtesy when you bring yourself into someone else's life doesn't there ? A certain level of kindness and respectful behaviour? Just going to chalk him upto another of the disappointing men I've had the misfortune to 'meet!'

• Heart
Oh I'm done! If he's lied about the bowel cancer knowing what I've been through there's no coming back from that. And tbh, I don't do well with men that cause me worry and drama! I know we've not met in person but there has to be a certain level of courtesy when you bring yourself into someone else's life doesn't there ? A certain level of kindness and respectful behaviour? Just going to chalk him upto another of the disappointing men I've had the misfortune to 'meet!'
It should be easy, simple and fun at the chatting stage - not anxiety-inducing drama! Good for you for drawing the line! It’s exhausting dealing with one situation after another with online dating. It just seems to be a magnet for some truly messed up folk! 🙈🤪

• Heart
I need some advice!! So I’ve met this guy who I’m not sure if I’m attracted to him. He has a great personality and when I kissed him for the first time there was a spark and it was good. Like I was impressed…But I don’t know whether to see him again or not, as I’m really unsure.

Reactions: 4
I need some advice!! So I’ve met this guy who I’m not sure if I’m attracted to him. He has a great personality and when I kissed him for the first time there was a spark and it was good. Like I was impressed…But I don’t know whether to see him again or not, as I’m really unsure.
Absolutely see him again! He's a great personality and you enjoyed the kiss. Maybe nerves are stopping you feeling that real fire?

• Heart
If you were to describe the date alone it sounds really good and as if a second date would be a no brainer. However, if you aren’t feeling it then there’s no point wasting either of your time…

Sounds like a good basis for a second date. That should clarify things for you 😊

• Heart
I will see how I feel on the second date, he’s just not someone I would go for..but compared to my previous relationships, I thought to myself it’s best to try something different and I give it a go. It shouldn’t always been about looks. I just can’t get the kiss out of my head. Thanks for replying really appreciate it! 😊

I will see how I feel on the second date, he’s just not someone I would go for..but compared to my previous relationships, I thought to myself it’s best to try something different and I give it a go. It shouldn’t always been about looks. I just can’t get the kiss out of my head. Thanks for replying really appreciate it! 😊
I think a man that engages you with his personality and gives you flutters when he kisses you is not to be sniffed at tbh. The dating pool is soo dire at the moment that when you find a good un you need to get him in a headlock and hold onto him 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think a man that engages you with his personality and gives you flutters when he kisses you is not to be sniffed at tbh. The dating pool is soo dire at the moment that when you find a good un you need to get him in a headlock and hold onto him 😉
Agreed - those flutters are worth investigating @sunshineblush and a second date will give you a clearer picture of him / how you feel about him. It seems from what you've said that there weren't any major turn-offs or incompatibilities, so you may as well see how it goes!

Morning ladies ☀ my dating life is starting to resemble an episode of Eastenders!
I'm hours away from joining the ' my nan has been taken to hospital ' excuse club! Mr 5'5, after a day of radio silence yesterday, responded back to my no.messages today ? message with his nan has had a fall and is in hospital. We are due to have our 2nd attempt at a coffee date tomorrow. ( He's messaged all last week saying he was looking forward to it etc)

Now he could be telling the truth? Do I wait and see if he cancels later or do I put him out of his misery by suggesting a raincheck?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Morning ladies ☀ my dating life is starting to resemble an episode of Eastenders!
I'm hours away from joining the ' my nan has been taken to hospital ' excuse club! Mr 5'5, after a day of radio silence yesterday, responded back to my no.messages today ? message with his nan has had a fall and is in hospital. We are due to have our 2nd attempt at a coffee date tomorrow. ( He's messaged all last week saying he was looking forward to it etc)

Now he could be telling the truth? Do I wait and see if he cancels later or do I put him out of his misery by suggesting a raincheck?
If you are not comfortable, I suggest you cancel yourself so you are in the winning position. Always has to be nans, innit? So sorry you have to be dealing with this x
You know, if I liked somebody enough to kiss them, I’d deffo be going on another date! A bad date is when you have to make up excuses to run away 😂 I’d say go and see how you feel around him, first dates are always a bit awkward x

What is your gut feeling?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

are you into him? i remember you saying before that you weren’t sure and he was a little flakey and uninterested. has he mentioned the date, or just said his nan’s had a fall? like raymond says, if you’re not comfortable then cancel yourself. i don’t know what you’d gain by suggesting a rain check if you think he might be lying about this.

i’m sorry that two such similar things have happened to you so close together :(

I haven't been a date in over 6 years enjoying my single life, dating is so much harder when u have kids

are you into him? i remember you saying before that you weren’t sure and he was a little flakey and uninterested. has he mentioned the date, or just said his nan’s had a fall? like raymond says, if you’re not comfortable then cancel yourself. i don’t know what you’d gain by suggesting a rain check if you think he might be lying about this.

i’m sorry that two such similar things have happened to you so close together :(
Honestly no idea! He's been consistent in his sporadic texting but when he does it's been nice ...I'm going to ponder on it the next few hours and see what I'm feeling. This dating stuff is so bloody hard!

• Heart
Honestly no idea! He's been consistent in his sporadic texting but when he does it's been nice ...I'm going to ponder on it the next few hours and see what I'm feeling. This dating stuff is so bloody hard!
definitely think on it. if you’re not feeling it i honestly
would politely cancel rather than rain check - don’t feel that you have to go, he’s been sporadic in contacting you and now might be dropping an excuse in before an already rearranged date. you don’t owe him anything 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.