Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on bumble in December I’d matched with someone who I have matched with before (the conversation always fizzled out) and I took the initiative to ask him for a drink (on 29th December) as the day before he has asked if I was free for a drink and he never replied to me. I snoozed my account at some point in January. I made a new profile this weekend (on my other phone- I have 2 for work) and used some new pics as I’ve just been on holiday and he’s liked me!! Wtaf. I remembered I had my snoozed profile (which I will delete) and he’s not even messaged me to say he’s seen my new profile 🤨
Men are ducking strange.

Reactions: 5
I was on bumble in December I’d matched with someone who I have matched with before (the conversation always fizzled out) and I took the initiative to ask him for a drink (on 29th December) as the day before he has asked if I was free for a drink and he never replied to me. I snoozed my account at some point in January. I made a new profile this weekend (on my other phone- I have 2 for work) and used some new pics as I’ve just been on holiday and he’s liked me!! Wtaf. I remembered I had my snoozed profile (which I will delete) and he’s not even messaged me to say he’s seen my new profile 🤨
Men are ducking strange.
They are indeed but I think it's also good to bear in mind that a lot of them swipe mindlessly and are chatting to multiple women which unfortunately just makes you a face on a screen to them. I've lost track of the number of men who I've matched with multiple times over the last few years since I've been online dating who even though we have chatted don't seem to remember that fact without prompting ...which I no longer do tbh.

If we didn't click the first 3 times of matching we ain't gonna click on go 4 ! Haha 😄

Reactions: 7
Men are ducking strange.
I was going to say similar - not personal to you in any way but I’m sure he didn’t remember you. I have male friends who have 20-25 conversations with girls on the go and use bumble like a game. Basically seeing which chat goes the furthest and which girl is funniest/most game for a date/likely to lead to sex. It’s a shame but they are bombarded with messages from gorgeous girls and so all it does is play to their egos.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just thought I'd let you all know that 3 days on I've heard absolutely nothing from Mr 5'7. I've mixed feelings tbh but the over riding one is what was the actual point of what he did ? Why bother to spend time with someone to the extent he did with me to then go onto behave how he has ? The one thought I've also had a few times is that as far as he's concerned I thought he was having an operation on Friday, I sent him good wishes on Thursday evening and again Friday morning and he also said he would let me know he was ok when he could, so the fact i could be worried or concerned about him doesn't appear to have occurred to him ? It's pretty cold and heartless isn't it ? I'm not worried about him! My gut instinct is that it was all lies. But i also think if I hadn't vented to you all here and gotten your supportive words and advice I might not be in such a good place. These men that act in these crappy ways really have no idea about the potential damage they can do do they? If they do they clearly don't care!

Anyway will draw a line under him now, just wanted to have one final vent here with you all. 🥰

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The one thought I've also had a few times is that as far as he's concerned I thought he was having an operation on Friday, I sent him good wishes on Thursday evening and again Friday morning and he also said he would let me know he was ok when he could, so the fact i could be worried or concerned about him doesn't appear to have occurred to him ? It's pretty cold and heartless isn't it ?
It is unbelievably heartless of him and I am so sorry that he could be so cruel to you. Lets think of it as a lucky escape that you didn't waste any more time on him!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just thought I'd let you all know that 3 days on I've heard absolutely nothing from Mr 5'7. I've mixed feelings tbh but the over riding one is what was the actual point of what he did ? Why bother to spend time with someone to the extent he did with me to then go onto behave how he has ? The one thought I've also had a few times is that as far as he's concerned I thought he was having an operation on Friday, I sent him good wishes on Thursday evening and again Friday morning and he also said he would let me know he was ok when he could, so the fact i could be worried or concerned about him doesn't appear to have occurred to him ? It's pretty cold and heartless isn't it ? I'm not worried about him! My gut instinct is that it was all lies. But i also think if I hadn't vented to you all here and gotten your supportive words and advice I might not be in such a good place. These men that act in these crappy ways really have no idea about the potential damage they can do do they? If they do they clearly don't care!

Anyway will draw a line under him now, just wanted to have one final vent here with you all. 🥰
I’m sorry about this. It’s an incredibly crappy thing to do to anyone if he’s lied. You’ve dodged a bullet and there’s a better one out there. Like I said before, even if this was all true, his head would be gone with all of it - especially if the tests don’t go well - and he cannot give you any proper consideration and attention. His priorities were all wrong and that would become apparent to him in no time at all. You’re kind and sent him messages that reflected that. You’ve nothing to reproach yourself for. Whatever the truth is, you’re doing the right thing in walking away. Sending a big hug ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It is unbelievably heartless of him and I am so sorry that he could be so cruel to you. Lets think of it as a lucky escape that you didn't waste any more time on him!!!!
Exactly yes, just never ceases to amaze me how absolutely awful people behave and treat others. I know I hadn't met him in person but we started on WhatsApp the 12th February and it was facetime chats 3 or 4 times a day plus messages throughout too. It makes no sense but it never does with these kind of men ..gonna pull my big gal pants up and keep smiling 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Exactly yes, just never ceases to amaze me how absolutely awful people behave and treat others. I know I hadn't met him in person but we started on WhatsApp the 12th February and it was facetime chats 3 or 4 times a day plus messages throughout too. It makes no sense but it never does with these kind of men ..gonna pull my big gal pants up and keep smiling 😃
That’s a lot of contact, if I’m honest. I’m not criticising you at all but, as an outsider, that looks like an intense level of contact for two strangers. He may have stupidly thought that, after committing to that amount of contact, or realising you cannot be easily manipulated, he had to tell a whopper of a lie to justify exiting, rather than look bad by saying he had changed his mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.