Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning y'all, hope today has some relaxing and self-indulgent moments ahead for everyone 💚

Had a fourth date with this guy yesterday. I wanted to be outside exploring so we went for a long walk, explored a cave, and had a little nap on each other in the sunshine AH it was so nice. Then went back to the city to see the light festival.

He asked if he could join me for a couple of days on a hike I'm doing in May, and also wanted me to meet his friend at the festival last night and I think both of those are good signs, although he doesn't say much complimentary/feelings-y stuff so it's hard to tell for sure how keen he is. I'm really enjoying our dates so far though.

This is the guy where we had two failed attempts at a first date, so I'm glad we tried the third time! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
it’s understandable you’re disappointed - especially when you’d obviously enjoyed chatting 💙 (apologies for asking, i couldn’t recall how long it had been!) it’s the ones that you get hopeful about that hurt. hope you’re okay, there will be more out there for you, hopefully without suspicious whatsapp photos x
But i feel we need to get to the bottom of the mystery picture 🤔

Could it be that he's gone quiet because he's realised his blunder?
Could it be that he's gone quiet because it's the weekend and he's in husband mode ? 🤔

Reactions: 7

Could it be that he's gone quiet because it's the weekend and he's in husband mode ? 🤔
Is this the surgery/ill guy that's gone quiet?

Reactions: 2
Well all of two messages were exchanged yesterday. He hasn’t replied to my last message. I’m really tempted to just say look if you’re not interested tell me, that’s fine. It’s so annoying giving we’d had such a great night chatting the night before.
I wouldn’t bother saying anything and just leave it. You’ll only get ignored or a tit excuse, if he was interested you would know about it and wouldn’t have to ask him if he was or not.

Stop trying to justify no effort and duck them off.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t bother saying anything and just leave it. You’ll only get ignored or a tit excuse, if he was interested you would know about it and wouldn’t have to ask him if he was or not.

Stop trying to justify no effort and duck them off.
Wow! I was just curious ! It's upto @unidentified how she moves forward with him but I think lots of us are curious about his profile picture!

Reactions: 4
Sounds like a classic case of a man having an argument with his other half and returning to his dating profile, before making things up with said other half therefore not needing to continue with the conversation. He just happens to be extra stupid not to have changed his profile photo.

He will probably pop up again next time they have an argument.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
And on today’s episode of “Absolutely bleeping not”… 🤦🏻‍♀️
Out of everything you’ve ever done in your life, THIS is what you deem worthy of being recorded on your dating profile? Really? 🤦🏻‍♀️

D83BFD57-6E68-4357-A87F-223FD02DBA52.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
He’s now ‘read’ my message and still not had the decency to reply. He’s been online loads. His profile is an upgraded paid for profile too. Bit weird to do that if he was married (never understand the point)

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m assuming you mean your brother was the best man at this guy’s wedding and therefore he’s married rather than other way round? In which case I can see the issue haha but not if it’s the reverse!
This guy was the best man at my brothers wedding sorry! 😂 we just clicked, literally glued to each others hip all night lol x

Reactions: 6
This guy was the best man at my brothers wedding sorry! 😂 we just clicked, literally glued to each others hip all night lol x
I dont see an issue, maybe find out how he feels and then speak to your brother incase its weird for him for you to date his mate.....but I'd say go for it! X

Reactions: 8
I’ve known a couple of similar scenarios which have had mixed results but ultimately, if you both like each other then I’d say go for it.

Your brother will need to expect the usual laddish banter amongst his mates - ‘so and so is hanging out the back of your sister’ etc but they’ll soon get bored of it!

• Haha
Can we have more details? Where did you go, what did you do etc … I love hearing about good first dates!
I wanted something chilled out with no pressure as it was my first date for 4 years so agreed to meet in his city centre for a few hours.We went to two different bars then somewhere for food then finished the night in another bar and he persuaded me to stay an extra hour and get a later train home. He's a chatter box which is good because I am more introverted and quiet. He looked much better than his photos because I don't think pictures captured how amazing his smile was x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wanted something chilled out with no pressure as it was my first date for 4 years so agreed to meet in his city centre for a few hours.We went to two different bars then somewhere for food then finished the night in another bar and he persuaded me to stay an extra hour and get a later train home. He's a chatter box which is good because I am more introverted and quiet. He looked much better than his photos because I don't think pictures captured how amazing his smile was x
Ahh that sounds perfect! My ideal date, bars and food!
glad it went well :)

• Heart
Thank you everyone for your advise 🥰 I know I’m definitely overthinking. I will try to keep an open mind until Friday. We’ve clicked in so many other ways that I just want to meet him and see if we match in person!

Reactions: 7
He’s now ‘read’ my message and still not had the decency to reply. He’s been online loads. His profile is an upgraded paid for profile too. Bit weird to do that if he was married (never understand the point)
Any update ? 😗

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone
So it’s ‘plus ça change’ with the app guys from what I’ve read. My date was a lovely guy, went for a couple of drinks and some food. I don’t want to see him again though. There was no initial fancying from me. I did most of the talking and he didn’t make me laugh which is a deal breaker for me I’m afraid. I also was getting some pink flags from things he said which indicated he was really into me, which I found a bit much. So he left at about 8pm to go & get his train. I went to a bar to meet 3 of my male friends and had a lovely night with them, sometimes I think I don’t want a boyfriend because I have such close friendships with a few men 🤷🏻‍♀️ I love their company and we always have a great laugh etc. At this stage I’m veering towards the thought that I’m not going to meet someone on my wavelength etc online. Feeling a bit disheartened today.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone
So it’s ‘plus ça change’ with the app guys from what I’ve read. My date was a lovely guy, went for a couple of drinks and some food. I don’t want to see him again though. There was no initial fancying from me. I did most of the talking and he didn’t make me laugh which is a deal breaker for me I’m afraid. I also was getting some pink flags from things he said which indicated he was really into me, which I found a bit much. So he left at about 8pm to go & get his train. I went to a bar to meet 3 of my male friends and had a lovely night with them, sometimes I think I don’t want a boyfriend because I have such close friendships with a few men 🤷🏻‍♀️ I love their company and we always have a great laugh etc. At this stage I’m veering towards the thought that I’m not going to meet someone on my wavelength etc online. Feeling a bit disheartened today.
I think you’re someone who can get along with people easily, talk to them on a personal level and find ways to connect, things in common etc. Those are great qualities and things men find appealing - particularly men who might be a little more introverted and want someone else to take the lead.

I found this quite a lot with dating - because I’m polite and would ask questions etc. I would carry the date and at the end I was meh whilst they had love hearts in their eyes because I’d made them feel like they were the centre of attention.

I think I’m right in thinking you’re not looking for an introvert and you’d like someone who is a bit more extroverted or at least a better balance. Just take that forward in your future picking.

You have come on leaps and bounds since December when you somehow allowed yourself to be steamrollered into nearly letting an almost total stranger come round for Christmas! Plus you’ve bounced back from a love bomber. Learn from the negatives and if you’re not enjoying it take a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think you’re someone who can get along with people easily, talk to them on a personal level and find ways to connect, things in common etc. Those are great qualities and things men find appealing - particularly men who might be a little more introverted and want someone else to take the lead.

I found this quite a lot with dating - because I’m polite and would ask questions etc. I would carry the date and at the end I was meh whilst they had love hearts in their eyes because I’d made them feel like they were the centre of attention.

I think I’m right in thinking you’re not looking for an introvert and you’d like someone who is a bit more extroverted or at least a better balance. Just take that forward in your future picking.

You have come on leaps and bounds since December when you somehow allowed yourself to be steamrollered into nearly letting an almost total stranger come round for Christmas! Plus you’ve bounced back from a love bomber. Learn from the negatives and if you’re not enjoying it take a break.
feel like I always do this with your posts but yes, this x 100

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I could have written this myself. 🙌🏼 So, SO often I will come away from a date absolutely bleeping drained from men talking at me, me showing an interest / asking questions about what they’re telling me and them asking nothing at all in return. They feel like they’ve made this amazing connection, I feel like I’ve just finished hosting an episode of This Is Your Life. 😴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.