Dating after lockdown #12 It’s all got a bit dark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there anything worse then snakey friends?!

I've mentioned before that I like someone at work. I told one of my friends/colleagues (who I'm very close too) ages ago and all of a sudden she's making a beeline for him.

She's the type of person to put on one of those fake personas when around guys and to be quite frank it's really pissing me off!

Walked into a room today where she's stood talking to him batting her eye lashes at him. She noticed me and carried on doing so. Feel tit about it all now 😫
I would say she probably feels jealous of you and very insecure. As hard as it is, stop trusting her. If you feel comfortable to do so, call her out on it privately.

Reactions: 5

I've mentioned before that I like someone at work. I told one of my friends/colleagues (who I'm very close too) ages ago and all of a sudden she's making a beeline for him.

She's the type of person to put on one of those fake personas when around guys and to be quite frank it's really pissing me off!

Walked into a room today where she's stood talking to him batting her eye lashes at him. She noticed me and carried on doing so. Feel tit about it all now 😫
Ew, how old is she? 17? No, sorry, even teenagers have more respect for their friends than this gal.

I'm sorry. I second the above advice, stop trusting her. I would ignore her existence outside of the confines of working together from now on. Polite but uninterested.

Reactions: 6
I would say she probably feels jealous of you and very insecure. As hard as it is, stop trusting her. If you feel comfortable to do so, call her out on it privately.
I'm nothing special so I don't see why she would be jealous of me 🥲
Ew, how old is she? 17? No, sorry, even teenagers have more respect for their friends than this gal.

I'm sorry. I second the above advice, stop trusting her. I would ignore her existence outside of the confines of working together from now on. Polite but uninterested.
She's 24 and I'm 30.. weirdly months ago when I first met him I had a dream that we were at work and he asked her out in front of me and she agreed 🤣 I mentioned this dream to her and she was like of course I wouldn't do that! 🤣🤣

Now if only I can dream about the winning lottery numbers seeing as my dreams are coming true 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m lonely. I think that’s why I want a partner. I did so much stuff on my own when I was married. We barely interacted. We separated over 4 years ago. I want someone to hang out with, do stuff with, have my back, I really miss affection (so much) and I want sex again!

However, I think it’s excruciating obvious that I need to have therapy and not look for a partner right now, but I’m still lonely. How do I feel less lonely? I have a few lovely friends but actually no single friends.Finances are very tight too. What options would be good for me?

This is a genuine question btw. I think what you said was very accurate. Don’t tell me to love myself and be my own partner. I can go to the cinema, theatre and restaurant on my own without a problem. I just want someone to go with now. Someone to watch a tv show with. Do you see what I mean? Companionship and the physical relationship. I’ve done marriage and kids.
I'm actually reading this with tears in my eyes because this is me too 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm nothing special so I don't see why she would be jealous of me 🥲
Hard lesson to learn loving yourself!! I’m sure there are plenty of things you special at don’t put yourself down ❤

Any yes any hints on lottery dreaming always appreciated 🤣🙌🏻

Anyone got any grand plans this weekend dating wise?!
No but I was tempted to download Bumble again. Although I don't particularly want to meet anyone longterm, I miss the buzz of chatting to someone new and the excitement of a first date.
I'm going to hold off until the 1st of Nov😂😂

Reactions: 1
No but I was tempted to download Bumble again. Although I don't particularly want to meet anyone longterm, I miss the buzz of chatting to someone new and the excitement of a first date.
I'm going to hold off until the 1st of Nov😂😂
ok well the 1st isnt too far away 😂 you can start winter off / end autumn with a new bumble spree haha.

I would tell her you're going on a date with someone who’s knocked you off your feet and laugh at her.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m lonely. I think that’s why I want a partner. I did so much stuff on my own when I was married. We barely interacted. We separated over 4 years ago. I want someone to hang out with, do stuff with, have my back, I really miss affection (so much) and I want sex again!

However, I think it’s excruciating obvious that I need to have therapy and not look for a partner right now, but I’m still lonely. How do I feel less lonely? I have a few lovely friends but actually no single friends.Finances are very tight too. What options would be good for me?

This is a genuine question btw. I think what you said was very accurate. Don’t tell me to love myself and be my own partner. I can go to the cinema, theatre and restaurant on my own without a problem. I just want someone to go with now. Someone to watch a tv show with. Do you see what I mean? Companionship and the physical relationship. I’ve done marriage and kids.
I’d say there are things you can do that are low cost if you want to spend time with more people and possibly grow your circle of friends.

Meet up apps, FB events, an evening class - things run by a local council are often low cost. You could consider volunteering if you have the time - look at a time commitment and location that suits you.

The companionship and physical relationship part is harder to answer! You have to remember that dating can be expensive and there is no guarantee you’ll meet someone who can give up all their free time to keep you company and certainly not in the early stages. I’m not sure the age range of the men you’re looking for but if they have young kids, for example, you’ll likely be lower down on the priority list.

I tried a FWB thing a couple of times but it weirdly made me feel more lonely (and gave an insight into what I was missing), and I’m not sure they ever work that successfully as someone often car hes

I wouldn’t say you shouldn’t date, but I think you’ve come to the conclusion that you need to process more some of the things that have happened to you.

I do wish you good luck with it all x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Arggghh so I give in and downloaded Bumble again.
Waste of time. Not one potential match. There was one hot guy who was in an open marriage 🤪

Arggghh so I give in and downloaded Bumble again.
Waste of time. Not one potential match. There was one hot guy who was in an open marriage 🤪
I hate bumble. Hate talking first!

I am considering downloading tinder again but I don't want anything besides chatting (no time and intend to move away next year) so I don't know if it's worth it

I hate bumble. Hate talking first!

I am considering downloading tinder again but I don't want anything besides chatting (no time and intend to move away next year) so I don't know if it's worth it
You've answered your own question there. Take the pressure off yourself and yes I harp on about taking time to discover you but its honestly the best thing we can all do. ❤

Reactions: 4
You've answered your own question there. Take the pressure off yourself and yes I harp on about taking time to discover you but its honestly the best thing we can all do. ❤
Thank you for the reply but it really isn’t that deep. I don’t need time to discover me cause I already know me and am quite selfish in that respect. There is no pressure cause I don’t care either way. I don’t want a relationship, validation, company or anything like that. Sometimes i just like re-join for fun. I just don’t know if can be arsed and usually will for 3 days then delete it when I cba to keep up a convo again

Thank you for the reply but it really isn’t that deep. I don’t need time to discover me cause I already know me and am quite selfish in that respect. There is no pressure cause I don’t care either way. I don’t want a relationship, validation, company or anything like that. Sometimes i just like re-join for fun. I just don’t know if can be arsed and usually will for 3 days then delete it when I cba to keep up a convo again
Hell more women need to be selfish. We are like wired to put others first at our detriment so I'm all for the selfish times lol yeah if you can't be bothered then don't waste energy on it. Put that into something else. For me I'm going to the seaside this weekend - I know it won't be warm but I have the urge to just feel the sea air and sand/hear the sea and have some childhood fun in the arcades!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Latest Bumble update, I matched with one person, the best of a bad bunch. And he deleted me after I sent him a messaged. Brutal start 🤣🤣

What's this Fab website you're all talking about ???😅

• Haha
Hell more women need to be selfish. We are like wired to put others first at our detriment so I'm all for the selfish times lol yeah if you can't be bothered then don't waste energy on it. Put that into something else. For me I'm going to the seaside this weekend - I know it won't be warm but I have the urge to just feel the sea air and sand/hear the sea and have some childhood fun in the arcades!
Yeah I think women are taught that they are somehow damaged and broken if they don’t have a partner. I have many friends who can’t be without relationships and I have really learned from that. I enjoy my own company too much

Sounds lovely! I love the seaside! I am working tonight but plan to lay on the sofa in front of Netflix and eat cookies with my dog (dog isn’t having the cookies)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.