Dating after lockdown #12 It’s all got a bit dark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I think women are taught that they are somehow damaged and broken if they don’t have a partner. I have many friends who can’t be without relationships and I have really learned from that. I enjoy my own company too much

Sounds lovely! I love the seaside! I am working tonight but plan to lay on the sofa in front of Netflix and eat cookies with my dog (dog isn’t having the cookies)
No sharing haha I love the seaside and I go for a weekend with my friend and her kid every year (for 9 years now)..... bar next year as now there's a BF on the scene she "doesn't know what they'll be doing" but she never puts her BF first lol 😆 this is why I cannot be arsed to put effort for people who can't even schedule a weekend away as we have done forever. So I'm looking forward to going on my own and just pottering around. May go wild and freeze more and get an ice cream 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No sharing haha I love the seaside and I go for a weekend with my friend and her kid every year (for 9 years now)..... bar next year as now there's a BF on the scene she "doesn't know what they'll be doing" but she never puts her BF first lol 😆 this is why I cannot be arsed to put effort for people who can't even schedule a weekend away as we have done forever. So I'm looking forward to going on my own and just pottering around. May go wild and freeze more and get an ice cream 🤣
This has really annoyed me. It's one weekend out of the whole year .
I don't normally wish badness on people but I hope he dumps her!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This has really annoyed me. It's one weekend out of the whole year .
I don't normally wish badness on people but I hope he dumps her!
This is the one with some huge red flags (not allowed to see son...court ordered but its a misunderstanding....) and got into a huge strop this year because I was getting chatted up and her BF "couldn't come" even though was booked a year prior when they'd never met but whatever 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 1
No dating plans for me this weekend 😂 gonna get a hot chocolate from Costa later and yoga in the evening! I've been following Yoga with Adriene for years and always dip in and out of it but I've done 7 days on the trot and feeling like I've accomplished something, however small that may be in the grand scheme of things.

Is there anything worse then snakey friends?!

I've mentioned before that I like someone at work. I told one of my friends/colleagues (who I'm very close too) ages ago and all of a sudden she's making a beeline for him.

She's the type of person to put on one of those fake personas when around guys and to be quite frank it's really pissing me off!

Walked into a room today where she's stood talking to him batting her eye lashes at him. She noticed me and carried on doing so. Feel tit about it all now 😫
She sounds like a classic Pick Me girl...cba with these girls, I'd slowly phase her out. She's probably not even that bothered for him but just craves the attention.

Latest Bumble update, I matched with one person, the best of a bad bunch. And he deleted me after I sent him a messaged. Brutal start 🤣🤣

What's this Fab website you're all talking about ???😅
It's called Fab Swingers - it's aimed at swingers (obviously, lol) but single people use it too for hookups. I've used it in the past and it's very much no strings attached which was ideal, but I got a bit put off by the amount of guys claiming to be single but were in fact in a relationship or worse, married and going behind their wife's back. I wish guys would just be HONEST ffs.

Reactions: 3
No dating plans for me this weekend 😂 gonna get a hot chocolate from Costa later and yoga in the evening! I've been following Yoga with Adriene for years and always dip in and out of it but I've done 7 days on the trot and feeling like I've accomplished something, however small that may be in the grand scheme of things.

She sounds like a classic Pick Me girl...cba with these girls, I'd slowly phase her out. She's probably not even that bothered for him but just craves the attention.

It's called Fab Swingers - it's aimed at swingers (obviously, lol) but single people use it too for hookups. I've used it in the past and it's very much no strings attached which was ideal, but I got a bit put off by the amount of guys claiming to be single but were in fact in a relationship or worse, married and going behind their wife's back. I wish guys would just be HONEST ffs.
I actually used it once for a particular purpose and it worked out well. But the section I was on relied on feedback from other members, it was a bit like a cult 😅

It’s a bit like 6 Degrees of Shagging on FAB. I did meet the best guy I've met in years on there though, and two years down the line we’re still friends. You do have to sift through a lot of nonsense like @katyazamo said though.

In my break up with my ex which ended with him just being a complete hole- I said I’d give him some gig tickets and change the postal address. Since then He’s behaved even more like an hole and I debated just selling them but didn’t want the hassle of him potentially getting aggressive with the me again
Well now they’ve switched to digital tickets so I need to text him them.
Would it be too much to start the text with “hi devil dick” and should I also mention that our cats had fleas before we moved out of his house? Or shall I sack it all off and just sell the tickets

In my break up with my ex which ended with him just being a complete hole- I said I’d give him some gig tickets and change the postal address. Since then He’s behaved even more like an hole and I debated just selling them but didn’t want the hassle of him potentially getting aggressive with the me again
Would it be too much to start the text with “hi devil dick” and should I also mention that our cats had fleas before we moved out of his house? Or shall I sack it all off and just sell the tickets
sell them and use the money on yourself

Reactions: 14
I wouldn’t communicate with him at all unless you send a digital ticket but don’t send a text with it.

Sell them, pray for fleas

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So did you pay for the tickets? If so...like duck would I be handing those over 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm not making these stories up, but when me and my ex split up I let him have gig tickets I bought for us. He met his new girlfriend at the gig.
I think I'm going to write a book 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
So did you pay for the tickets? If so...like duck would I be handing those over 🤣
So finances got a little complicated. I paid for them on my card but he sent me half of the money through transfer. But when I amount everything up if anything owes me.

We’d booked a holiday together a week before we split (from my perspective I thought everything was fine otherwise I wouldn’t have done it). He paid on his card.

At first with the holiday he still wanted to go and offered me to go too just separate and I said “lol, no give me my money back” and for a while it looked like he was giving me nothing because flights were non refundable and not many hotels do single occupant discounts. I threatened small claims and it got heated - but in the end he offered me to buy him out or cancel the whole thing and split whatever we the refund was - which is what we did.

We had money in the joint account which we split and we had 4 gigs we were due to go to- I’d paid for them all on my card and he transferred me money. I offered to either sell him my tickets (so he could keep them all and take a friend) or i’d sell them all and give him half- this was before holiday discussions went south. I don’t know do it was guilt from how he’d been behaving towards me or what but he told me to keep the tickets and the money for them, but he’d appreciate one set of them as it’s a band he really likes. So I said yes and changed the postal address.

Now technically even though I kept the money from all of the other tickets I’m still out of pocket - I lost £250 from the non refundable flights plus my half of the money I’d paid for household stuff (which amounted into a lot- we got a bbq together, bikes, tonnes of alcohol I should have just taken precisely half of, kitchen appliances etc) all in all I feel like I might have set fire to a grand- it would have been less stressful.

My ex has popped up thinking we can instantly revert back into a relationship like we have never been apart for four years. Oh how I laughed.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
So finances got a little complicated. I paid for them on my card but he sent me half of the money through transfer. But when I amount everything up if anything owes me.

We’d booked a holiday together a week before we split (from my perspective I thought everything was fine otherwise I wouldn’t have done it). He paid on his card.

At first with the holiday he still wanted to go and offered me to go too just separate and I said “lol, no give me my money back” and for a while it looked like he was giving me nothing because flights were non refundable and not many hotels do single occupant discounts. I threatened small claims and it got heated - but in the end he offered me to buy him out or cancel the whole thing and split whatever we the refund was - which is what we did.

We had money in the joint account which we split and we had 4 gigs we were due to go to- I’d paid for them all on my card and he transferred me money. I offered to either sell him my tickets (so he could keep them all and take a friend) or i’d sell them all and give him half- this was before holiday discussions went south. I don’t know do it was guilt from how he’d been behaving towards me or what but he told me to keep the tickets and the money for them, but he’d appreciate one set of them as it’s a band he really likes. So I said yes and changed the postal address.

Now technically even though I kept the money from all of the other tickets I’m still out of pocket - I lost £250 from the non refundable flights plus my half of the money I’d paid for household stuff (which amounted into a lot- we got a bbq together, bikes, tonnes of alcohol I should have just taken precisely half of, kitchen appliances etc) all in all I feel like I might have set fire to a grand- it would have been less stressful.
In short.... keep and sell those tickets and have a bloody good time even if you piss the money away 🤣 and block the hole. Waste no more of your beautiful energy on him!

And the guy with the dog has a girlfriend. I actually left early for my evening walk so I would be home before his usual 6pm time so I wouldn’t bump into him. Past home I spotted my brother walking by the corner of my parents house so I doubled backwards to let him in. If I hadn’t done that I wouldn’t have spotted dog guy all dressed up with another girl. He did already tell me he didn’t have a sister.

Oh well. Should have asked that yesterday but I didn’t. Pizza date for me .

• Sad
Reactions: 10
And the guy with the dog has a girlfriend. I actually left early for my evening walk so I would be home before his usual 6pm time so I wouldn’t bump into him. Past home I spotted my brother walking by the corner of my parents house so I doubled backwards to let him in. If I hadn’t done that I wouldn’t have spotted dog guy all dressed up with another girl. He did already tell me he didn’t have a sister. Oh well.
Are you dating? She could be anyone or just someone he’s bumped into/part of a friendship group.

Are you dating? She could be anyone or just someone he’s bumped into/friendship group.
Nope we’re not dating at all- we’ve literally only just had 4 conversations since he moved in last week.

I could just ask him then next time i see him.

I’ll still be friendly and all that.

Reactions: 2
In short.... keep and sell those tickets and have a bloody good time even if you piss the money away 🤣 and block the hole. Waste no more of your beautiful energy on him!
Thank you (and thanks to everyone else who’s replied). I just get worried about being a bad person/ just as bad as he is and really I’m just too bloody nice.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.