Dancing On Ice 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely delighted to read that Stephen Mulhern is being touted to replace Phil presenting the next series of DOI. Stephen and Holly work brilliantly together, she's so much less wooden when she's not working with Phil.

Hopefully this is just the first in some changes to restore the show to it's glory days.

Reactions: 10
Saw an instagram story of former pro Alex Murphy hoping she can get on Strictly this year again. :rolleyes:

Saw an instagram story of former pro Alex Murphy hoping she can get on Strictly this year again. :rolleyes:
Surely she's missed the boat on that one? I actually think it would be an exciting twist for a DOI pro to have a try at Strictly but she's now been gone longer than she was on it.

Surely she's missed the boat on that one? I actually think it would be an exciting twist for a DOI pro to have a try at Strictly but she's now been gone longer than she was on it.
I don't see Strictly ever having an ex dancing on ice pro be a contestant on the show; when DOI started having ex Strictly pro's as contestants it was like them admitting defeat knowing that they cant get as good contestants as Strictly is the well more watched and liked show out of the two.

I think she needs to stick to all the social media stuff she is doing then trying to crack into tv again; it's too late now the ship has sailed.

Reactions: 1
Listen I won’t miss Phil if he is about to have a mighty fall from Grace but please ITV I beg you not Stephen Mulhearne or Alison Hammond

Reactions: 3
I for one really hope there’s a shake up in the professional skater line up. Alexandra Schauman should have been axed way back in 2020 after how abysmally she taught Joe Swash until Alex Murphy actually taught him how to skate to a decent level and he ended up winning the show. She puts no effort in with her skating partners. James Jordan won because he was a natural. Her husband is past his sell by date too. He consistently leaves in week one with his celebrities!!

Reactions: 6
I for one really hope there’s a shake up in the professional skater line up. Alexandra Schauman should have been axed way back in 2020 after how abysmally she taught Joe Swash until Alex Murphy actually taught him how to skate to a decent level and he ended up winning the show. She puts no effort in with her skating partners. James Jordan won because he was a natural. Her husband is past his sell by date too. He consistently leaves in week one with his celebrities!!
Lukasz should be gone by now - his Week 1/2 exit record is embarrassing. I quite like Alexandra but I get where you're coming from on Joe Swash, didn't reflect well on her that he did a lot better with another pro. She did do alright with Connor Ball though. Obviously James was a trained dancer so had it easier (plus worked insanely hard).

Matt Evers is the one I want rid of. No idea why he's still there and at this stage, he's a bit too old to be a pro really.

Reactions: 3
Lukasz should be gone by now - his Week 1/2 exit record is embarrassing. I quite like Alexandra but I get where you're coming from on Joe Swash, didn't reflect well on her that he did a lot better with another pro. She did do alright with Connor Ball though. Obviously James was a trained dancer so had it easier (plus worked insanely hard).

Matt Evers is the one I want rid of. No idea why he's still there and at this stage, he's a bit too old to be a pro really.
Hasn’t Matt been axed? I’m sure I saw an article a couple of months back

Edit: LMAO it was clickbait he got axed from a shopping channel not DOI

IMG_6745.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'll still never understand why they axed Alex Murphy when she had done a good job taking over the role from A.S to partner Joe then winning it; surely she should have had an automatic pass to comeback the following year. I don't know follow DOI as I do Strictly but I wonder if A.S has a lot more say with TPTB at DOI and was jealous and kicked up a fuss??

I feel like Alex and Lukasz must know some behind the scenes dirt or something, I don’t understand why they’re still on the payroll.

Alex’s rictus grin during performances is the stuff of nightmares 💀

Alexandra, Lukasz and Matt are all well into their 40s as well. I’m not trying to be ageist but they are past their physical prime as skaters and I’m surprised the show doesn’t see that.

It’s why I liked that younger LGBT pair from America, Joe & Karina. They had a youthful fresh energy. So did Alex Murphy.

Reactions: 4
I feel like Alex and Lukasz must know some behind the scenes dirt or something, I don’t understand why they’re still on the payroll.

Alex’s rictus grin during performances is the stuff of nightmares 💀
if they know behind the scenes dirt, I’d love to know what Vanessa knows!!! It’s getting really boring seeing her in the final every single year

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.