Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Just watched and I have 3 things to say….

1. When will sexy Brendyn get an actual contender?!?!! He’s gonna get voted out next week and I will miss him.

2. Carly is a lucky lucky lady being married to Danny Mac (p.s. he was ROBBED)

3. This show is fucking shite

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Remember when they had amazing skaters. Hayley, Ray etc
Why can’t they get the likes of that now?
No one has ever been as good as any of the celebs the first time around. The routines are crap because Jayne and Chris no longer choreograph them, making them judges was a mistake. They’re not charismatic enough and I speak as someone who genuinely loves them. Bring back Jason Gardner ffs. They used to have to do a required element that everyone had to do each week and you could see the progression in the celebs as time went on. I hate the way the rink looks now, I hate the camera angles. It used to look like a proper a skating contest, it’s just fucking shit

Reactions: 18

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Wish Pip would bugger off already.
He is the most god awful obnoxious, smug and narcissistic cunt in the history of humanity. I absolutely fucking despise the cretinous arsehole. Never has someone been more deserving of being cancelled than him and yet he continues to bounce back after every scandal.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
This programme is truly the biggest pile of excrement on British television. It was good twenty ago when it first started, but it ran its course and was axed and should never have been revived. The reboot hasn’t worked, there is no atmosphere, the celebs are crap, the pros are crap, the hosts are crap, the choreography is crap and all the routines are samey. It doesn’t even rate that well anymore so I don’t know why it hadn’t yet been axed?

Reactions: 16

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Agree about the show being shite. Miss the old judges.
Yes, apart from Holly and Phil both being completely useless as hosts, I don't think DOI have ever managed to get the judging panel right. They chop and change, possibly because the judges themselves want to move on, which doesn't help. Part of Strictly's success is the familiarity. Craig, Anton and Tess have been there since the start IIRC.

The other issue is the DOI panel rarely know anything about skating which makes their comments and marks redundant. Robin Cousins was the best judge ever IMO. He wasn't afraid to talk about technical skating stuff whereas T&D don't seem to discuss technicalities too much (they were better as coaches than judges IMO).

It's all become very superficial. They need to have people who actually know about skating on the panel rather than trying to get household names. I mean, no one outside the dance world had heard of Craig, Shirley, Len, Anton etc before Strictly but now they're household names. If DOI had had a similar approach it might have helped.

My other gripes are that the new rink is too small to do anything decent, too many ad breaks and the ridiculous 5 minute window to vote. Essay over 🤣

Reactions: 15

orangelolly

Chatty Member
It’s so much easier for the female celebrities than it is the males. The females are just picked up and put down when they’re rubbish and it hides their lack of ability to skate. The males don’t have that luxury.

Ekin just wasn't equipped for proper TV. She's up against actors, singers and sports people. People who from a young age would have attended auditions or competitions and got knocked back. They have resilience. Ekin thought she could rely on LI popularity. It's actually really off putting when she is so sulky at bad feedback. She didn't come across as likeable at all.