COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the nicest way possible just general nobodies. Doubt any CEO would come to Tattle to defend their product.

Blackrock and Vanguard are usually in the top 5
for any listed company.
I took it in the nicest way possible as we're all general nobodies after all and I know you'd only want to be kind to us all. :)

I didn’t say there is anything wrong with being 60, but she spends a lot of time online being preachy and posting peer reviewed studies and fact checks (yawn). I assumed she was of retirement age and bored, not a young woman in her 20s. Also being terrified of covid is not usual for such a young person who says they are also healthy, just a bit strange really.
Pointing out misinformation doesn't equate to being "terrified of COVID"

You are probably right. It's just hard to believe anyone would go to such lengths to protect corrupt big pharma. The mind boggles.
I don't think either side that post on this thread should be pointing the finger about shadowy motivations to be honest.

Because the majority of the nation -- whether vaccinated or unvaccinated -- doesn't care enough to visit a message board on the internet to post in favour of or against vaccines. Yet here we are, a tiny percentage, doing just that.

I'm not accusing anyone of representing any company/organisation or even of just being a bit sad. Any accusation like that would have to be levelled at both sides as both are equally active here.

How is that encourging people to tone police others! 😂🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Double standards in terms of posters saying one thing about others - yet they are the ones doing it.
You said double standards in a response to someone suggesting anyone who is anti vax to call our other people for what they say, which in my opinion is asking them to change their tone - against the rules and you know it.

Reactions: 2
You said double standards in a response to someone suggesting anyone who is anti vax to call our other people for what they say, which in my opinion is asking them to change their tone - against the rules and you know it.
No. My response was about the double standards. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Seriously how are you even interpreting this. I just explained what I was referring to when I said double standards and you think I am asking them to change their tone?

Please read comments carefully as you are interpreting them wrong. I know full well what the rules are and I AM not asking anyone to go against them.

Just to repeat and clarify what I said: double standards in regards to posters saying something about others, yet they are the ones doing it.

How is that encourging people to tone police others! 😂🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Double standards in terms of posters saying one thing about others - yet they are the ones doing it.
Exactly. The ilk thing was another. I used the phrase "you and your ilk" on these threads a few months back to describe the anti vaccine posters and got criticised heavily for it. One poster claimed to be very offended by the term and even when I posted a dictionary definition of it to show it wasn't always meant as an insult, they didn't let up. (I meant it as "you and those who share your opinion".)

However, now someone against the vaccines has used it and we didn't hear a peep. :D

I should add that I didn't mind the phrase being used today by an anti vaccine poster as I stand by what I said originally - ie it's not intended to be an offensive attack and therefore it's fine to use here.

As you've said yourself, if you feel someone has broken the rules, please do report it.

Which was referring to someone not calling someone out on something no? Ok then. Seeing the big fella can’t speak for himself I apologise if I’ve picked you up wrong!
No I was not referencing that part. My reply was in agreement about the double standards. You have and I have explained it again. 👍🏻

Exactly. The ilk thing was another. I used the phrase "you and your ilk" on these threads a few months back to describe the anti vaccine posters and got criticised heavily for it. One poster claimed to be very offended by the term and even when I posted a dictionary definition of it to show it wasn't always meant as an insult, they didn't let up. (I meant it as "you and those who share your opinion".)

However, now someone against the vaccines has used it and we didn't hear a peep. :D

I should add that I didn't mind the phrase being used today by an anti vaccine poster as I stand by what I said originally - ie it's not intended to be an offensive attack and therefore it's fine to use here.

As you've said yourself, if you feel someone has broken the rules, please do report it.
Yes I do remember you using it and someone got upset by the term.

I apologised, you’ve no need to be a dick about it.
I’m not. No need to name call.

You aren’t breaking anything to me.

The fact of the matter is these people could well have all survived and thrived with or without vaccines. That’s why you and your ilk should stop looking down your nose at people who make an informed choice not to vaccinate. They aren’t the be all and end all, they are one measure that can be used by those who wish to use it in a toolbox full of many other measures that may be equally or even more effective.
Sorry but this is classic. I went to look up the reaction to when I used the phrase "you and your ilk" and found this:

A post from you criticising me for using the very phrase you've just used. 😭

So much anger in here today, it’s like a cauldron bubbling away!
Yeah I noticed it started on Monday when Ensay was going on about ‘anti vax shite’. You can really see the anger in their posts the last few days, and that new poster that has joined the thread, they seem very angry and argumentative for some reason. It’s possibly someone that used to post here that made a new account.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Sorry but this is classic. I went to look up the reaction to when I used the phrase "you and your ilk" and found this:

A post from you criticising me for using the very phrase you've just used. 😭
Why am I not allowed to say it if you said it?
Is it only ok when you do it?

Must have taken you a long time to find that seeing my settings are private - you said that to me too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.