COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They did a good job with that slogan. From an old friend.

The worst I think personally was that your own friends and family turned on you for not complying with what you were supposed to do.
Depends on the context, though. I appreciate that screenshot is just one example, but the person on the left is clearly trying to change the subject and move on, but the person on the right keeps going.

If I had a family member that kept trying to convince me I was wrong for taking the vaccine, I'd distance myself from them, too. I wouldn't mind having a conversation about it, but if they kept going, I'd find it annoying. I wouldn't try to convince them to get it, I'd just say "let's agree to disagree rather than fall out".

If they carried on, though and I avoided their messages, they might say "Ensay turned on me for not following the narrative!" whereas from my viewpoint I'd say "I stopped talking to <name> because they constantly tried to convince me I was wrong for taking the vaccines when I made it clear I'd rather avoid the subject".

So yeah, it's all dependent on context and whose side you listen to.

Reactions: 2
2020 Follow the science said the MPs.

2022 MPs Let's not talk about the science re man and what are they called, wu wi woman😂

Reactions: 1
Since when did “the science” become a religious cult? I thought science was about questioning things? Science changes all the time does it not?
Follow the science, dont think for yourself!
It was probably #trending on twitter. Since then it became known as #thescience

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Tell me about it! I literally watch Peep Show every night before I go to sleep, just to take my mind off the clown world we're living in 🤣
I met David! I was on the till and served him, but I wasn’t a peep show fan at the time. it’s as good as Frasier.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What was he like!? Please say he was friendly!?
It was at a pharmacy and I was trying to act professional, so didn’t talk to him other then saying hello and asking for £3.20. He sat to talk to our pharmacist. Because of our location we used to do prescriptions for lots of famous people. I also met the wife of the someone who owned a football team- didn’t recognise her though or the banker who walked in.

Could only tell they were fancy shmancy people as my boss would laugh much more and was a lot nicer 😂 (than he usually was).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Depends on the context, though. I appreciate that screenshot is just one example, but the person on the left is clearly trying to change the subject and move on, but the person on the right keeps going.

If I had a family member that kept trying to convince me I was wrong for taking the vaccine, I'd distance myself from them, too. I wouldn't mind having a conversation about it, but if they kept going, I'd find it annoying. I wouldn't try to convince them to get it, I'd just say "let's agree to disagree rather than fall out".

If they carried on, though and I avoided their messages, they might say "Ensay turned on me for not following the narrative!" whereas from my viewpoint I'd say "I stopped talking to <name> because they constantly tried to convince me I was wrong for taking the vaccines when I made it clear I'd rather avoid the subject".

So yeah, it's all dependent on context and whose side you listen to.

Similarly I would distance myself from someone who refused to even listen to why I did not want to take vaccine they asked me to "please please take" . The conversation ended with that person asking what flavour kool aid I wanted and should they get me some tin foil. :rolleyes:

1649719851844.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Weird to liken this to grooming. It’s an optional vaccine.
* Ruby the therapy dog on-site 🤨
* Bring your favourite cuddly toy
* children with swords fighting aliens/monsters?
Weird as hell and never seen this for any other childhood vaccinations.
Not suprising that you see no problems with it though

Reactions: 9
Weird to liken this to grooming. It’s an optional vaccine.
But it isn't optional for children. They are relying on their parental guardians to make an informed decision on their behalf. Most of them will have absolutely no choice and will be taken by an uniformed adult. It's absolutely frightening and heartbreaking at the same time, especially when we know most children do not suffer from Covid.

Reactions: 11
I watch a TikToker who's 7yr old daughter got hers on Saturday she's been ill in bed ever since and the worrying thing is the child has had covid twice the most recent bout only 3 weeks ago. I thought you had to wait 3 months after infection before they jabbed kids .

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I watch a TikToker who's 7yr old daughter got hers on Saturday she's been ill in bed ever since and the worrying thing is the child has had covid twice the most recent bout only 3 weeks ago. I thought you had to wait 3 months after infection before they jabbed kids .
Honestly what is going through these peoples minds! To know you've made your child needlessly ill because of making them have a medical procedure they didn't need is the definition of insanity! That poor little girl.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Honestly what is going through these peoples minds! To know you've made your child needlessly ill because of making them have a medical procedure they didn't need is the definition of insanity! That poor little girl.
She's triumphant over it .I'm not sure she realizes that the child can still catch covid and this isn't a miracle cure .

Just saw this on FB how will we be able to differentiate between covid and other diseases when the symptoms are identical
D2C312A9-2270-4B50-AAFC-6A6944F6F6E4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
* Ruby the therapy dog on-site 🤨
* Bring your favourite cuddly toy
* children with swords fighting aliens/monsters?
Weird as hell and never seen this for any other childhood vaccinations.
Not suprising that you see no problems with it though
To me it's no different to doctors and dentists waiting rooms having toys and childrens books for kids to play with and then giving them a gold star afterwards.

The idea being that most kids don't much like going to the dentist or having a vaccine - so doctors and dentists create an environment with things they'll enjoy (like toys etc) to make them feel more at ease.

Not sure why it's being turned into some sinister thing. Do you think my dentist is weird for having a kids corner in the waiting room with toys?!

But it isn't optional for children. They are relying on their parental guardians to make an informed decision on their behalf. Most of them will have absolutely no choice and will be taken by an uniformed adult. It's absolutely frightening and heartbreaking at the same time, especially when we know most children do not suffer from Covid.
The same applies to any children's medicines and vaccines. It's surely right that parents decide if they want to give their child antibiotics that a doctor has prescribed, or if they want their child to have the MMR vaccine, covid vaccine, etc.

Are you suggesting parents shouldn't decide those things for their own children?

This site makes the mind boggle sometimes...

To me it's no different to doctors and dentists waiting rooms having toys and childrens books for kids to play with and then giving them a gold star afterwards.

The idea being that most kids don't much like going to the dentist or having a vaccine - so doctors and dentists create an environment with things they'll enjoy (like toys etc) to make them feel more at ease.

Not sure why it's being turned into some sinister thing. Do you think my dentist is weird for having a kids corner in the waiting room with toys?!

The same applies to any children's medicines and vaccines. It's surely right that parents decide if they want to give their child antibiotics that a doctor has prescribed, or if they want their child to have the MMR vaccine, covid vaccine, etc.

Are you suggesting parents shouldn't decide those things for their own children?

This site makes the mind boggle sometimes...
I'm also finding these comments quite odd. Comforting children with toys, books or something that will distract them is normal in a situation or setting such as a hospital. Even in nurseries/early years settings they do this when settling children in and to ease the separation anxiety.

Regarding children having the vaccine, it is up to each parent what they decide to do. Just like with any decision they make as a parent.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.