COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm also finding these comments quite odd. Comforting children with toys, books or something that will distract them is normal in a situation or setting such as a hospital. Even in nurseries/early years settings they do this when settling children in and to ease the separation anxiety.

Regarding children having the vaccine, it is up to each parent what they decide to do. Just like with any decision they make as a parent.
Yes let’s comfort the children with cuddly toys and therapy dogs so they can get vaccinated for something that would cause no harm to them. Just so the anxious adults like you might feel a little safer.

Reactions: 9
Yes let’s comfort the children with cuddly toys and therapy dogs so they can get vaccinated for something that would cause no harm to them. Just so the anxious adults like you might feel a little safer.
I don’t know why you’re labelling me. You don’t know if I have children.

Their child, their choice. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I don’t know why you’re labelling me. You don’t know if I have children.

Their child, their choice. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I do know that you don’t have children. You post a lot of information about yourself on here.
It is up to the parent of course but that doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. Lots of parents are extremely selfish and project their own insecurities onto their children, I see this as one of them.

Reactions: 5
I do know that you don’t have children. You post a lot of information about yourself on here.
It is up to the parent of course but that doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. Lots of parents are extremely selfish and project their own insecurities onto their children, I see this as one of them.
If you don’t want someone telling you what medication you should or shouldn’t give your child, then you shouldn’t be telling other parents what decisions they should or shouldn’t take for their children. Simple as that.

I thought you were all about freedom of choice.

I'm also finding these comments quite odd. Comforting children with toys, books or something that will distract them is normal in a situation or setting such as a hospital. Even in nurseries/early years settings they do this when settling children in and to ease the separation anxiety.

Regarding children having the vaccine, it is up to each parent what they decide to do. Just like with any decision they make as a parent.
To me it’s a classic ploy of trying to shut down conversations. Applying emotive words like “grooming” is a way of intimidating people into silence. Ironic really.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If you don’t want someone telling you what medication you should or shouldn’t give your child, then you shouldn’t be telling other parents what decisions they should or shouldn’t take for their children. Simple as that.

I thought you were all about freedom of choice.
It is their choice all I said I don’t agree with giving it to young children. I didn’t say they should have the choice taken away from them. I know a lot of people that want to vaccinate children are also ‘child free by choice’ so I guess that’s probably a good thing for all.

I don’t remember saying whether I have children or not. 🧐 It’s not for you to decide what is right or wrong for someone’s child, they are the parent.

It is their choice all I said I don’t agree with giving it to young children. I didn’t say they should have the choice taken away from them. I know a lot of people that want to vaccinate children are also ‘child free by choice’ so I guess that’s probably a good thing for all.
What do you mean by it is a good thing for all?

Sorry, am I not allowed to have an opinion now?
You can have an opinion. I just don’t agree with what you are saying.

I mean it’s a good thing for all. 🙂
Come on now clever clogs, don’t you have two degrees and work with exceptional academics? But you need me to spell things out for you.
You don’t have to keep quoting what I write on other threads and be patronising.

To me it’s a classic ploy of trying to shut down conversations. Applying emotive words like “grooming” is a way of intimidating people into silence. Ironic really.
The fact that it has been likened to grooming is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
You don’t have to keep quoting what I write on other threads and be patronising.
Sorry I couldn’t resist as I had just read that thread 😁 having a degree (or 2) doesn’t automatically make someone more knowledgeable than others, also you don’t know the qualifications of the people that post on this and the CT thread. Im sure you didn’t mean it to but it came across as very egotistical.

Sorry I couldn’t resist as I had just read that thread 😁 having a degree (or 2) doesn’t automatically make someone more knowledgeable than others, also you don’t know the qualifications of the people that post on this and the CT thread. Im sure you didn’t mean it to but it came across as very egotistical.
I never claimed to be more knowledgeable than others. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I also don’t see how me saying I have 2 degrees makes me egotistical. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Indeed. But when nonsensical things like that are said, it exposes the weakness of their argument.
Indeed, it is not a plausible argument nor is it fitting in the context of this discussion.

You are coming across as very insecure.

I never claimed to be more knowledgeable than others. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I also don’t see how me saying I have 2 degrees makes me egotistical. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It was more the insinuation that people that post on the other thread are not as clever as you because you claim to have worked with certain people who you obviously believe to be more intelligent.

You are coming across as very insecure.
How so? I don’t think it’s right for people to try and shut down other peoples beliefs because they think they are somehow more qualified than that person, especially when the poster doesn’t actually say what they study, I assume it’s science based by what they have said but they never actually say. If that makes me insecure then ok? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
It was more the insinuation that people that post on the other thread are not as clever as you because you claim to have worked with certain people who you obviously believe to be more intelligent.

How so? I don’t think it’s right for people to try and shut down other peoples beliefs because they think they are somehow more qualified than that person, especially when the poster doesn’t actually say what they study, I assume it’s science based by what they have said but they never actually say. If that makes me insecure then ok? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I was responding to another user on that thread. I was not insinuating that I am more knowledgeable.

No one is shutting down anything because they think they are more qualified. People were having a discussion on another thread may I add.

What happened to the other posters on here that were trying to shut people down by claiming they were familar with the vaccines and in the medical field yet knew very little when questioned .

Reactions: 8
I was responding to another user on that thread. I was not insinuating that I am more knowledgeable.

No one is shutting down anything because they think they are more qualified. People were having a discussion on another thread may I add.
Doesn’t seem to be a discussion though it seems to be back and forth derogatory messages about the CT thread and posters wondering how qualified they are, what mental health issues and childhood traumas they must have etc. Surely your arguments have to be better than ‘they must have been abused as children’.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
What happened to the other posters on here that were trying to shut people down by claiming they were familar with the vaccines and in the medical field yet knew very little when questioned .
There's some very odd people on this thread that's sure 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.