COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn’t seem to be a discussion though it seems to be back and forth derogatory messages about the CT thread and posters wondering how qualified they are, what mental health issues and childhood traumas they must have etc. Surely your arguments have to be better than ‘they must have been abused as children’.
I don’t know why you are acting holier than thou when the CT thread has some derogatory messages about users on a few threads.

This is becoming tit for tat and going off topic. To keep on topic a study published yesterday has found that Covid-19 infections are tied to damage in the part of the brain associated with smell.

Reactions: 1
It has never been about your or your baby's health. Its always about money!

GPs in Somerset consider stopping MMR jabs in NHS funding row

full dividend
GPs in Somerset could stop providing children with the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination because of a row over changes to NHS funding.
Doctors must vaccinate 95% of eligible children before the NHS will pay the full dividend for both MMR jabs.
The Somerset Local Medical Committee, which represents GPs, said doctors should consider the "economic viability" of new targets.
Some GPs say that is unachievable, but fear the impact of denying the service.
Healthcare GPs used to get the full incentive payment if they managed to give 90% of under-fives both MMR doses.
That target increased to 95% in April 2021, but the effect is only being fully felt now the financial year has come to an end and payments are being awarded.

Hard to reach quota
Surgeries can also no longer exempt patients, except in exceptional circumstances.
The British Medical Association said immunization used to be part of a surgery's core service, but now it is part of the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF), which has a more target-driven focus.
A spokesperson for the BMA, Dr Kieran Sharrock said there are factors that make it especially hard for surgeries in some areas to reach the full quota of MMR vaccinations.
These include parents opting to have their children vaccinated abroad.
"One of the things that makes it harder is that if a patient refuses to have the immunisation, despite education, then you can't say, 'Well, they refused,'" he said.
"That will bring you down. The other thing is that if someone has had the immunisation, but somewhere else, you can't record that."

• Sad
Reactions: 7

full dividend
GPs in Somerset could stop providing children with the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination because of a row over changes to NHS funding.
Doctors must vaccinate 95% of eligible children before the NHS will pay the full dividend for both MMR jabs.
The Somerset Local Medical Committee, which represents GPs, said doctors should consider the "economic viability" of new targets.
Healthcare GPs used to get the full incentive payment if they managed to give 90% of under-fives both MMR doses.
That target increased to 95% in April 2021, but the effect is only being fully felt now the financial year has come to an end and payments are being awarded.

Hard to reach quota
Surgeries can also no longer exempt patients, except in exceptional circumstances.
The British Medical Association said immunization used to be part of a surgery's core service, but now it is part of the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF), which has a more target-driven focus.
A spokesperson for the BMA, Dr Kieran Sharrock said there are factors that make it especially hard for surgeries in some areas to reach the full quota of MMR vaccinations.
"One of the things that makes it harder is that if a patient refuses to have the immunisation, despite education, then you can't say, 'Well, they refused,'" he said.
"That will bring you down. The other thing is that if someone has had the immunisation, but somewhere else, you can't record that."

I see they’re not going to bother testing new admissions as they haven’t enough beds everyone will be lumped in together covid or not.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said none of the 74 confirmed cases in the UK had been vaccinated.

Well, well, well...

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said none of the 74 confirmed cases in the UK had been vaccinated.

Well, well, well...
Healthy kids weren't offered the vaccine in March, nor has it been offered to under 5's yet

Healthy kids weren't offered the vaccine in March, nor has it been offered to under 5's yet
Was just commenting on the fact that some people were leaping on the vaccine being a cause of these hepatitis cases but if they weren't vaccinated then we can rule that out.

Reactions: 1
Was just commenting on the fact that some people were leaping on the vaccine being a cause of these hepatitis cases but if they weren't vaccinated then we can rule that out.
That's because they said the kids were under 10 now it transpires they're baby /toddlers doesn't really rule out the vaccine as such as people are developing hepatitis in some instances that could be passed on to their kids as you can suffer from hepatitis without knowing you have it ...will be interesting to see what it turns out to be .

Reactions: 4
Wouldn’t surprise me if this is being passed on from their care givers

full dividend

Hard to reach quota

My daughter has now passed the age for the preschool booster which includes the second MMR and I've still not heard from the gp. Normally you get a few letters and texts reminding you to make an appointment.

It is like they just don't care about other vaccinations now. Probably because they are making so much out of the covid vaccinations.

The only contact I have had is a generic text telling me not to take the baby to hospital of he's ill as they are overwhelmed. No text for the other three of us about the same thing though 🧐

I was reading the article and this part stood out:

"And with COVID, there's also been a huge wave of anti-vax feeling. There are subgroups of society who do not feel that's the right thing to do," she added.

That’s been my view as well. People who would have had their children vaccinated may not now - which could lead to an increase in measles, mumps and rubella. Worrying.

Reactions: 3
Just for M:

Where I come from that’s good luck 😂

"And with COVID, there's also been a huge wave of anti-vax feeling. There are subgroups of society who do not feel that's the right thing to do," she added.

That’s been my view as well. People who would have had their children vaccinated may not now - which could lead to an increase in the measles, mumps and rubella. Worrying.
Those that truly trust the science ,Will always trust the science if that claim is true then there was always a doubt there to begin with , it’s a bit lame passing the buck for a decision that lies with the patient/ guardian alone .

Last edited:

That’s been my view as well. People who would have had their children vaccinated may not now - which could lead to an increase in measles, mumps and rubella. Worrying.
The push for the covid vaccine and finding out how the GPs make money from vaccinations has definitely made me reassess my feelings towards the other vaccinations.

Reactions: 9
Where I come from that’s good luck 😂

Those that truly trust the science ,Will always trust the science if that claim is true then there was always a doubt there to begin with , it’s a bit lame passing the buck for a decision that lies with the patient/ guardian alone .
I was thinking the same with the bird poo thing! But I think that tweet sums up the level of Trump Jr’s discourse. 😂

I don’t expect the numbers of people who’ve changed their mind will be high, but it’s certainly a factor.

The push for the covid vaccine and finding out how the GPs make money from vaccinations has definitely made me reassess my feelings towards the other vaccinations.
As long and you and others with the same feeling won’t kick off at being described as anti vaccine that’s fine!

I remember lots of people here being critical of the covid vaccine but when others described them as being anti vaccinations they didn’t like it…

I was thinking the same with the bird poo thing! But I think that tweet sums up the level of Trump Jr’s discourse. 😂

I don’t expect the numbers of people who’ve changed their mind will be high, but it’s certainly a factor.

As long and you and others with the same feeling won’t kick off at being described as anti vaccine that’s fine!

I remember lots of people here being critical of the covid vaccine but when others described them as being anti vaccinations they didn’t like it…
You cannot call a person who is wary of one vaccine an anti-vaxer not when they and their children are fully vaxed.
This attitude is what makes them stop and think about real antivaxers and what made them antivax. Once you stop and think you realise you actually had your children vaccinated without even thinking about it, or if you did it was not very deep,

People questioning all vaccines makes me very happy. Once they see how those questions are received, blocked and shutdown they get a wake up call... its all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

I'm critical of it but I've had it ,what does that make me 😂

Reactions: 6

If you/anyone described me as being anti-vax I'd be offended as 🤬. Questioning motive doesn't make someone 1 type of person. The science 😜 shows the brain is capable of processing many thoughts.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.