Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been ill the last week and I must have gotten through at least an entire loo roll each day just from sneezing and blowing my nose.

I think stocking up on loo roll is essential if you’re potentially being locked down I don’t get why people are shocked at this.

Reactions: 4
I have been ill the last week and I must have gotten through at least an entire loo roll each day just from sneezing and blowing my nose.

I think stocking up on loo roll is essential if you’re potentially being locked down I don’t get why people are shocked at this.
There’s a difference between stocking up for 2 weeks and buying unnecessary amounts. It’s selfish and inconsiderate.

Reactions: 22
I did a big shop yesterday and just bought a couple of extra canned items than usual and enough cat food and litter for a month. I usually buy stuff in doubles because I hate going in supermarkets. My freezer is always full of frozen veg, fruit, meat, chips, leftover meals etc and we live near a farm so can get fresh milk, eggs. During the winter months we usually stock up in case of bad weather or illness. I always have hand sanitiser in the car and my bag, and wash my hands regularly, throughout the day. I think it's just good practice, to avoid picking up bugs. There's a confirmed case about 4 miles from our house but noone seems bothered by it. I am irritated by the jokes I see on Facebook going about, by people mocking what could be a very serious virus for some with underlying health issues. You just know that these will be the same people who in reality, are rushing to stockpile everything they can lay their hands on! 🙄

Reactions: 5

I suffer with IBS and if I suffer a bad episode I can go through a double size loo roll in a morning. It's hideous, painful and debilitating and I would be sunk without loo roll. I've been sat on the loo in tears with the pain and the thought I could run out of loo roll because of selfish idiots stockpiling it when it's not necessary is upsetting. Personally I think it should be rationed if people can't behave sensibly.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
For all those that feel it's necessary to stock pile please think of those that are vulnerable and and at risk. I'm a chemo patient and am unable to get hand sanitizer because of idiots buying stupid amounts. Buy what you need by all means but leave some for the rest of us! The world isn't ending

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I suffer with IBS and if I suffer a bad episode I can go through a double size loo roll in a morning. It's hideous, painful and debilitating and I would be sunk without loo roll. I've been sat on the loo in tears with the pain and the thought I could run out of loo roll because of selfish idiots stockpiling it when it's not necessary is upsetting. Personally I think it should be rationed if people can't behave sensibly.
I agree. I hate having to be in close proximity of a loo all the time.
I was due to buy loo roll next week but I did panic buy it this week because I can’t risk running out.

Reactions: 5
Sorry to hear you suffer with that, must be horrible for you. My local Sainsbury's had done a full restock of loo roll after running out completely and they had sold out within 20 minutes of opening up this morning. There's even videos up on YouTube of people actually fighting in stores over packs.

I do online shops for my dad as he struggles with his mobility, so each time I do a shop for him (once a week) I suggest he add in an extra couple of cans of beans or soup on top of his regular to put away just in case. More so really because of the time slots for delivery are getting taken up so quickly!

Reactions: 3

Would you not just use regular tissues, surely they are kinder to your nose?!

Reactions: 8
I am a self confessed germophobe and have always carried hand sanitiser anyway, but obviously cannot get any at the moment, hopefully I don't run out before more is stocked! I also have always bought toilet rolls in bulk (not to stockpile, but find it cheaper with a large family and then never get caught short). Today I have just bought 1 or 2 extra tins and some paracetamol, just in case.
What I don't understand is the lack of liquid hand soap on the shelves ... what were these people doing before this virus ..were they not washing their hands??? On a positive note, hopefully this may mean people now think about being more hygienic, when it first started I couldn't believe our government were having to tell people to wash their hands, I thought everyone washed their hands! Well I hoped!

Reactions: 9
Sorry to hear you suffer with that, must be horrible for you. My local Sainsbury's had done a full restock of loo roll after running out completely and they had sold out within 20 minutes of opening up this morning. There's even videos up on YouTube of people actually fighting in stores over packs.

I do online shops for my dad as he struggles with his mobility, so each time I do a shop for him (once a week) I suggest he add in an extra couple of cans of beans or soup on top of his regular to put away just in case. More so really because of the time slots for delivery are getting taken up so quickly!
Thanks, it's much more controlled than it used to be but I still have random attacks out of nowhere. It seems to run in my family for some reason. I know what you mean about slots, we usually have a delivery every Saturday but last week there were no slots available. I'm hoping the madness will die down soon, people fighting over loo roll is something I never thought I'd see in 21st century Britain!

• Heart
I had liquid soap and a large amount of toilet roll in my basket last asda shop but took them out because I have plenty in and I’m a hoarder not a panic buyer. My usual is to over order these things but didn’t this time because I have plenty.

I had liquid soap and a large amount of toilet roll in my basket last asda shop but took them out because I have plenty in and I’m a hoarder not a panic buyer. My usual is to over order these things but didn’t this time because I have plenty.
I did this on Monday!! Grabbed a pack of toilet rolls and then thought nah we've got 3 rolls left at home so put them back. Should of got them 🤣

Reactions: 2
We use bars of soap - pears. And needed to get some more as we usually have a couple in stock but are down to the last.

cheaper on amazon to buy 6 than 1, so topped up and also noticed they had a blue anti-germ one.

don’t like liquid soap as I get really bad eczema on my hands and pears is the only soap I can use (followed by aqueous) that doesn’t cause my hands to bleed. My Kids seem to prefer pears to liquid as well.

Reactions: 1
I’m immunosuppressed following a double lung transplant. To be honest I’m getting irritated by people buying huge amounts of stuff making supplies run out. My local supermarket has completely run out of soap now. Please think of others before throwing every item you can grab into your trolley, as you’re affecting those who are very vulnerable to this. Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Haven’t stock piled or changed anything apart from washing my hands a bit more thoroughly (I have a phobia of sickness bugs so I’m hoping all this hysteria will reduce the risk of catching one of those 😂)

don’t understand the bulk buying. Find it really selfish when you consider vulnerable or elderly people who don’t have the means to go to 5 diff shops to find their essentials! Or disabled people that rely on home delivered shopping not able to get what they need.

Even if you have to self isolate for 2 weeks how much loo roll would you use in that time? How much dried pasta will you be eating when you feel ill?? Does nobody have any friends or family that could, worst case scenario, leave some loo roll or food outside your door if you ran out and were unable to leave the house?

I’m honestly shocked by people’s behaviour. God help us if there is ever a real apocalypse, clearly the general public can’t remain calm in a crisis and only think about themselves!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We are the country that had people having meltdowns when KFC ran out of chicken. We are in no way ready for what is to come because this is only the start lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Big Tesco has ZERO hand soap. What the heck. Just a sign saying “limited to five per customer” FIVE. Honestly it should be one or two maximum.

I was thinking about potential loo roll situation and if it came to it and there was nothing to be found in any shops in the entire country 😂 I would resort to sorting myself out and hosing down in the shower or something... there’s always a way. People managed it before in the dark ages 😂 using leaves and whatnot!
it’s not the end of the world for most of us. I can understand those with health issues that mean loo roll is essential.
Or you could use baby wipes (but don’t flush them obviously). There are options! Baby wipes seem to be readily available I’ve not seen any shortage of those around so if you’re really worried maybe grab a couple packs of those as backup?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m forever immunosuppressed from chemo & then a cpl other underlying health conditions so my husband does all the in-store shopping now. We have EXTRA tissues, gatorade, tylenol, dog food, canned foods, clorox/lysol wipes....

I don’t think we have enough toilet paper or paper towels to get us much past April tho, so I continue to urge him to just pick them up w/ each trip. He’s been going out daily. I’m so confused over this covid because won’t we all eventually get it anyway? Maybe we can avoid it until a vax is made in 1-2 yrs, but still, vax are nvr perfect, & many will be scared of maybe GB side effects? Who knows. I’m worried about my parents dying from this & a bit for myself & fear being quarantined in hospital. But I’m not freaking out over it or anything. I don’t understand some buying entire pallets of bottled water. I think public utilities will be ok. More tempted to pick up another bag of dog food. lol Can you tell I love my dogs?

Just remembered that we should maybe stock up some on lightbulbs.lol

Upgrade to iph11 if you can. (love the new speakers & wide screen) There is a bit of a shortage of iph’s if one needs a warranty repair.

Anyone else see the bust in Thailand w/ ppl gathering masks out of landfills & garbages, washing/drying & ironing to sell? I wonder how long the ppl will be imprisoned for, if any. So disgusting & makes me leary of shopping 3rd party on amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1