Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask why people are stock piling loo roll? Is it a fear of it running out in stores? Because we all know this virus doesn’t make you tit loads. I don’t quite understand the obsession with having lots of loo roll 😂
It was on my shopping list to buy next week anyway but this week I did buy double what I would usually buy because I couldn’t risk the shops running out next week.
I have a stomach/bowel condition so it has nothing to do with the virus, more fear that, because others are stockpiling, I will run out and that would not be a pretty sight!

Reactions: 6
Can I ask why people are stock piling loo roll? Is it a fear of it running out in stores? Because we all know this virus doesn’t make you tit loads. I don’t quite understand the obsession with having lots of loo roll 😂

Aw I hope you get to have your holiday! Where you going?
To cough and sneeze into is my guess ?

Reactions: 2
I've changed nothing but I'm wondering if because of this virus,that's why weve only had one reply so far for my daughters party I've booked next week at soft play for her birthday 🙄.
I'm not going to panic about this virus yet weve not had any cases in our town.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I cancelled my diet. I figure the more layers of fat I have the better, should I have to quarantine.
Absolute stroke of genius. My diet is cancelled until further notice.

Jokes aside, the only thing I’ve done is bought a couple of extra tubs of baby formula. I went to 7 different shops yesterday & all of them were out of stock. Luckily my partner found 2 elsewhere but that’s my main concern at the mo!

My kitchen drawer is worth about a grand now though, full of anti bac which my partner buys for work 🤣

Reactions: 4
It was on my shopping list to buy next week anyway but this week I did buy double what I would usually buy because I couldn’t risk the shops running out next week.
I have a stomach/bowel condition so it has nothing to do with the virus, more fear that, because others are stockpiling, I will run out and that would not be a pretty sight!
fair dos! don’t blame you there

Taken this from other thread and edited:

I decided on Monday to ensure we had :

extra nappies
Extra toilet paper
Flu medicines for us and the children
Extra tinned goods / dry foods
Uht milk
Miltons and other cleaning products inc napisan to enable hot washes / disinfection of our home in case we need to live separately in the house etc
Extra chocolate
Extra toothpaste
Extra Pet food purchase tomorrow - we don’t usually get Delivery but investigated for ease and no slots for 10 dyas

I thought my husband would think I was crazy, but was supportive in case of self quarantine / one (or more) of us going down with it. He’s had proper flu and was really ill with it.

we are due to go On holiday on Wednesday and the country we are visiting has very strict entry for countries affected. We will not know until we get to the airport I feel whether we can go. There is no point of going on a 10 day holiday with a 14 day self isolation policy.

If we get as far as the airport my husband will take his laptop in case we get delayed on return home so he can work. The accommodation has been understanding and offered full refund if required.

I felt very stressed about covId earlier this week. But I feel prepared as can be for self isolation, treating it at home. We have stepped up our hand washing etc. I have bad eczema so usually use aqueous cream for hand washing so this is proving tough on my hands.

Behaviours altered:

avoided softplay
Avoided central London
Nursery upped its hand washing
Husbands company hand san on entry

Noticed:

queue out of door at local pharmacy - no hand San available
No hand San in any supermarket / pharmacy etc
Cleaning products in shorter supply

I live in Canada and I was going to go back to the UK to visit family for the first time in 3 years with my 12 week old daughter. Gutted as none of my family have met her yet but its definitely not worth the risk!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
A lot of it is auto suggestion I think. I've bought a few extras each shop and now have an adequate store cupboard. Not luxurious eating but OK. Rice, tins of stuff, soup, frozen veg etc. Trouble is I think we are fine then I'll hear or read another item running low, or see low stocks in the shop and that odd competitive panicky hoarding instinct will kick in. Tonight someone mentioned they were buying extra batteries. Batteries? It hadn't even occured to me until then and now I think mmm we need batteries :unsure:

• Haha
Anyone else not really stocked up on anything? 😂 Now I’m stressing, you are all prepared for crazy stuff to happen. I’m in Scotland and today there were signs outside shops saying ‘Sorry, we don’t have any antibacterial hand gel/sanitiser left’. I already had several bottles at home so I’m covered for that. Maybe I should start? 😂
🙋🏻‍♀️ Me!
Also in Scotland and I’m now worried. Went up Falkirk last weekend and five shops had no hand sanitiser. That was okay as we have some. However, now looking to get an online shop and Tesco and Asda have no hand wash, no toilet rolls, no paracetamol, most of their dried pasta is out of stock.

Today I did a shop to last 2 weeks, other than a few fresh things next weekend.

I bought double amounts of toothpaste, chips, pasta, rice, chocolate, frosen veg and some freezer foods, soups, tissue, laundry products, toiletries..... I had 15 subs on my delivery today. No pain, no anti bac cleaners, no passata, eggs.... I’m sending hubby to track down some paracetamol tonight. All of this is worrying me. I am not a panic buyer but panic buyers are causing people to panic buy as they fear they won’t get food in for their families.

I feel so stressed out right now it’s unbelievable.

Reactions: 3
I don't entirely understand the people buying copious amounts of loo roll. Maybe they know something I don't 🤔 I have literally just added enough tinned, frozen, dried food and extra toiletries to ensure that we could survive without doing a shop should we need to self isolate. I'm also conscious of the fact that I want to limit the amount of time I spend in a busy/packed supermarket as the number of cases rise. My main justification for buying extra is to avoid the need to go out if we suspected we had contacted Covid-19. I would hope that my immediate family would handle the virus ok but I'd hate to be responsible for spreading it to somebody more vulnerable. I don't think it's selfish or alarmist to be prepared if that's what you feel is best x

Have you made any changes due to the Coronavirus or are you planning to?

cancelled a holiday?
bought more dry pasta?

is it influencing where you shop (because you’re avoiding crowds)
or where you eat out? where you bring your kids (soft play etc) ?

I read today that restaurants are being hit hard with both corporate cancellations and the fact more people are staying home out of fear.

There was even a family who are thinking of cancelling their wedding in Italy next month 🙁

I’m interested to see if anyone has made any big decisions off the back of the virus outbreak?

(Supermarket stock piling aside 😂
I wanna know if anyone is cancelling holidays or nights out or turning down invitations to Sandra’s wedding or little Ronnie’s soft play party!)
Sorry to go off topic, but could you pm me please? I don’t have the option to contact you myself (or I’m being blind and can’t see it!)

Sorry to go off topic, but could you pm me please? I don’t have the option to contact you myself (or I’m being blind and can’t see it!)
if it’s a site question just comment in forum business 🙂

Reactions: 1
Our Tesco delivery driver said today that the store had no toilet paper, hand sanitisers, pasta etc. The shelves were fully stocked last night at 10pm but when the pickers have gone in to the store at 6am everything was sold out again (It's a 24 hour store) He said they now carry carrier bags in the vans so they can leave the shopping on the doorstep of those that are self isolating.

I haven't done much.

Stocked up on loo roll and cleaning supplies (alcohol wipes, hand sanitizer etc) but that's mainly because everyone else is stocking up and there's duck all left! So whenever I see some I grab some.

I fortunately bought a 6 pack of hand sanitizer from Amazon a while ago before all this virus thing erupted. I didn't think it would be much good until I looked at the ingredients on the back and realised that ethanol was alcohol😂. Glad I bought it now.

Reactions: 1