Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My local Tesco has to shut, they were over capacity and it was too dangerous šŸ˜¬

closed until 3.30

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Just went to a shop to pick up one pack of toilet roll (only got 2 rolls left at home) and one pack of ibuprofen for crippling period pain as Iā€™m down to my last 2 tablets and there is a sign saying only 2 packs of pain per person which is a step in the right direction!

They also had loads of medicines and loo roll, this was a home bargain store at 8.30am. I think the earlier you get there the better in terms of being able to get what you need - for anyone needing meds for themselves or their children!
Most places have a 2 per customer rule on tablets anyway. Not sure if itā€™s just best practice or the law, but thatā€™s been the case for a good few years

Reactions: 4
Went to Tesco this afternoon - no tinned tomatoes, pasta, rice, soap, bleach or toilet rolls.

Cancelling my pottery classes because I don't fancy handling clay and putting my hands in glazes that have been thoroughly touched by god knows how many other hands lol

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Went to Tesco this afternoon - no tinned tomatoes, pasta, rice, soap, bleach or toilet rolls.
I noticed the only thing left in the rice isle was microwave uncle bens 5 grain quinoa rice šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
is it because people canā€™t pronounce it or does It just taste tit

• Haha
Reactions: 7
After the press conference Iā€™ve changed my mind and will be stocking up the cupboards and fridge freezer tomorrow. Iā€™ve got a feeling most people will have the same idea.

Reactions: 6
Have you made any changes due to the Coronavirus or are you planning to?
I have been going to the toilet paper aisle more than I ever usually do, just to roll my eyes at the empty shelves.

I wish I could find the link, to an interesting explanation about why the panic-stockpiling of toilet paper specifically.

Itā€™s to do with its size, and the comfort in buying something with longevity.

so maybe people are just at home cuddling their multipacks of bog roll.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Cancelling my pottery classes because I don't fancy handling clay and putting my hands in glazes that have been thoroughly touched by god knows how many other hands lol
Seriously, my postman handed me a pen and I considered chopping off my hand šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Canā€™t find handwash of any kind where I am so I bought shower gel to use if things get that dire. Itā€™s all soap, right?

Fml. Absolute carnage in derbs. Couldnt get hold of baby wipes, nappies or baby porridge. I always leave things until last minute before stocking up. Luckily friends had spares they gave to me. People are bleeping idiots šŸ¤Ø

cancelled a holiday?
bought more dry pasta?

is it influencing where you shop (because youā€™re avoiding crowds)
or where you eat out? where you bring your kids (soft play etc) ?

I read today that restaurants are being hit hard with both corporate cancellations and the fact more people are staying home out of fear.

There was even a family who are thinking of cancelling their wedding in Italy next month šŸ™

Iā€™m interested to see if anyone has made any big decisions off the back of the virus outbreak?

(Supermarket stock piling aside šŸ˜‚
I wanna know if anyone is cancelling holidays or nights out or turning down invitations to Sandraā€™s wedding 3

cancelled a holiday?
bought more dry pasta?

is it influencing where you shop (because youā€™re avoiding crowds)
or where you eat out? where you bring your kids (soft play etc) ?

I read today that restaurants are being hit hard with both corporate cancellations and the fact more people are staying home out of fear.

There was even a family who are thinking of cancelling their wedding in Italy next month šŸ™

Iā€™m interested to see if anyone has made any big decisions off the back of the virus outbreak?

(Supermarket stock piling aside šŸ˜‚
I wanna know if anyone is cancelling holidays or nights out or turning down invitations to Sandraā€™s wedding or little Ronnieā€™s soft play party!)
ive really started to panic rhis week on seeing italy... i used to livethere so this somehow makes it even worse..i generally always have lotsof food at home (tins pasta etc) but have stocked up on dry beans, some long life bread, frozen veg, insTnt noodlesan a paracetemol.which is something i never buy. does anyone get why loo roll has become such an issue?!
Canā€™t find handwash of any kind where I am so I bought shower gel to use if things get that dire. Itā€™s all soap, right?
idid the same lol

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m throwing this in off topic because itā€™s an unpopular opinion for sure,
we all seem to be going around in circles when it comes to bulk buying/panic buying/toilet roll obsession šŸ˜¬

weā€™re about a week into this ā€œpanic buyingā€
And I was SHOCKED at how busy the stores were today.
But, the shelves are being restocked every night,
everyone has had ample opportunity to buy what they need and they will continue to have that opportunity, itā€™s not a case of ā€œwhen itā€™s gone itā€™s goneā€ (not including the hand sanitizers)

Hand wash is back is stock, toilet rolls will be back in stock tomorrow no doubt. Iā€™ve seen shelves completely cleared but restocked the next morning, of cereals, breads, fruit and veg.

I have bought extra basics,
Iā€™ve got people relying on me to provide these basics and im not going to let them suffer so I can drag a cross and judge others for buying a few more bags whole meal pasta and 2 ply than one should šŸ˜ (not polenta..still.. nobody touches the polenta or 5 grain quinoa)

also the economy will be hit, over the next few weeks I can only assume sales will suffer,
If we hear that shops are actually running out of items and theyā€™re unable to restock fair enough, but thatā€™s not the case right? Has any store put up signs saying they are struggling to restock?

so why so much anger for those who want to be prepared and feel less anxious when theyā€™re prepared.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The thing I find frustrating is having to make the time to go to the supermarket everyday !! to try and find these items that are so lacking in stock, and if youā€™re not there at the right time itā€™s all gone again. I find it very difficult to get hold of stuff at the minute and I do begrudge having to go everyday and not just to one shop but multiple. I donā€™t have a car either so it is more faff and time wasted. Just my experience as it stands now.

Reactions: 6
The thing I find frustrating is having to make the time to go to the supermarket everyday !! to try and find these items that are so lacking in stock, and if youā€™re not there at the right time itā€™s all gone again. I find it very difficult to get hold of stuff at the minute and I do begrudge having to go everyday and not just to one shop but multiple. I donā€™t have a car either so it is more faff and time wasted. Just my experience as it stands now.
I know Iā€™ve had to go to a few places to get certain things that are *needed* over the last week or two šŸ™„ Itā€™s all been restocked just sold out quickly,

Iā€™m ready to give everyone stale bread and water and tell stories of the times I went to school with no shoes and shared one sandwich with my 8 siblings but theyā€™ll know Iā€™m a liar straight from the fires of hell šŸ˜†

Iā€™m throwing this in off topic because itā€™s an unpopular opinion for sure,
we all seem to be going around in circles when it comes to bulk buying/panic buying/toilet roll obsession šŸ˜¬

weā€™re about a week into this ā€œpanic buyingā€
And I was SHOCKED at how busy the stores were today.
But, the shelves are being restocked every night,
everyone has had ample opportunity to buy what they need and they will continue to have that opportunity, itā€™s not a case of ā€œwhen itā€™s gone itā€™s goneā€ (not including the hand sanitizers)

Hand wash is back is stock, toilet rolls will be back in stock tomorrow no doubt. Iā€™ve seen shelves completely cleared but restocked the next morning, of cereals, breads, fruit and veg.

I have bought extra basics,
Iā€™ve got people relying on me to provide these basics and im not going to let them suffer so I can drag a cross and judge others for buying a few more bags whole meal pasta and 2 ply than one should šŸ˜ (not polenta..still.. nobody touches the polenta or 5 grain quinoa)

also the economy will be hit, over the next few weeks I can only assume sales will suffer,
If we hear that shops are actually running out of items and theyā€™re unable to restock fair enough, but thatā€™s not the case right? Has any store put up signs saying they are struggling to restock?

so why so much anger for those who want to be prepared and feel less anxious when theyā€™re prepared.
go to work at 6am, get home at 6pm. go to the shops, nothing left. itā€™s ridiculous and people are selfish for buying so much at once when they could stock up a bit each week, not all at once, give everyone else a chance to get what they need. 4 days in a row we have been to 4 big supermarkets and costco in the evening and theyā€™re sold out of toilet paper. we canā€™t go any earlier because we are working. our neighbour works nights so is going to try the 24hr store at 2am on his break to try and get some as they are almost out of it too and have tried different stores to us and not been able to get any. the anger towards those being ā€œpreparedā€ is because theyā€™re being inconsiderate to everyone else that hasnā€™t got anything especially vulnerable people, while they sit at home with their 5 big multipacks of toilet roll not giving a tit about the rest of us

Reactions: 7
I've now stopped going to the gym, I went on Monday & for a place that is supposedly meant to be wiping down the equipment every two hours, some of the equipment was grim. Plus, I saw a few people not wipe down their equipment :sick: that's always been a bug bare of mine but even more so now, I've always wiped down my equipment before & after & always wash my hands after being in the gym but apparently people don't share that same etiquette! Not to mention they ran out of blue roll at the end of my workout to wipe the equipment down with & not a soul to be seen to ask them to refill it!

I still have to work, I work with the elderly so it's not really an option to not go into work atm. I'm going to be picky about where I go over the next few weeks, just because I don't want to unknowingly bring it into work or to my family.

We have been stocking up a few bits at home for the last month, just the odd bits here & there like soup & snacks just in case I had to self isolate (could be likely given my job & hesitation to suspend visits) or in case my family needed anything & couldn't get out. My main concern was not having enough paracetamol, I suffer chronic sinusitis so I take it most days & four times daily at its worst, it doesn't help that I'm allergic to a lot of medications so paracetamol is a necessity for me. Instead of buying just the one packet I've been getting the maximum of two (it's always been limited legally) but would willingly share with family/friends/neighbours if they needed it.

Reactions: 3
Tesco seem to be struggling but got one on Asda for Saturday. Wonder what Iā€™ll get delivered compared to what I ordered šŸ˜‚
I just checked Ocado and first available delivery is for the 18th.

Reactions: 2