Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday Boots was completely out of ibuprofen. My period just started (mine are very heavy and painful), luckily I have some at home but if I run out and can’t get more it’ll be a bad situation. I find it hard to cope with the pain without pain but I have a toddler so I have to function for her. TMI but it also triggers my IBS so toilet roll is a must (I have some in though)

Also worried about my daughter. She’s teething and her medicine is sold out. I have some for the time being, hopefully it’s enough. She also has allergies so antibacterial stuff is important for us and I know people are stockpiling that too

I feel like I have to ration these things which is so messed up for a first world country

I know we’re lucky compared to a lot of people. The striking thing to me is realising how much we rely on these things. On a daily basis I don’t think about it much - just take pain if in pain, use antibacterial stuff to prevent my daughter having an allergic reaction. It makes me thankful that things are normally so easy

I’m also trying to recover from my hoarding mindset and this is really making it hard. I used to have 40 spare toilet rolls at home constantly, I challenged myself to run them down and have just a handful of spares. The only thing stopping me from starting to hoard them again is the guilt of taking them away from people who need them more

Reactions: 1
I ordered a gousto box so I don't have to enter the supermarket..
Not preparing for Coronavirus, just can't be arsed to see stupid people

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just went to a shop to pick up one pack of toilet roll (only got 2 rolls left at home) and one pack of ibuprofen for crippling period pain as I’m down to my last 2 tablets and there is a sign saying only 2 packs of pain per person which is a step in the right direction!

They also had loads of medicines and loo roll, this was a home bargain store at 8.30am. I think the earlier you get there the better in terms of being able to get what you need - for anyone needing meds for themselves or their children!

Reactions: 2
Haven’t stocked up on anything as we usually do a bulk shop at Costco for nappies, toilet rolls, dry food etc and coincidentally had just done one before this all escalated.
Our wee one has a cold so I have bought extra calpol to put my mind at ease. My partner has asthma so he’s picked up some extra inhalers in case we’re unable to get to the pharmacy for more.
I went to my local Sainsbury’s and they had plenty stock of everything except hand soap so maybe they had just restocked. It was early in the morning though. I just wish people would be considerate towards others, there’s no need to buy excessive amounts and as others have pointed out it may be taking away from those really in need!

Reactions: 3
I’m wondering if the milk & more deliveries would be affected in any way? Like if there’s less delivery drivers or something 🤔

I buy my loo roll from Costco anyway - I already had about 20 rolls but bought my next pack early before the madness so I currently have 60 rolls. I figure I can pass them on to family and friends if they get really stuck. After that, there's always your hand 😂

I haven’t stocked up on anything but did grab a hand soap when I was last in Tesco as ours was nearly all gone. Noticed the shelves were looking pretty bare. What I don’t understand is (& correct me if I’m wrong) say me and my family were having to stay in quarantine, what’s to stop a friend or family member dropping some shopping off to us and leave it outside our front door?
I had to go out yesterday as my 2 year old has a fever and I stupidly had let us run out of nurofen, our calpol was low too and luckily our local chemist had a decent supply so was easy to get. I’m glad that some supermarkets are putting in restrictions on number of items per customer as I feel for the elderly/more vulnerable who don’t have the means to travel to 3 different shops to get what they need.

I haven’t stocked up on anything but did grab a hand soap when I was last in Tesco as ours was nearly all gone. Noticed the shelves were looking pretty bare. What I don’t understand is (& correct me if I’m wrong) say me and my family were having to stay in quarantine, what’s to stop a friend or family member dropping some shopping off to us and leave it outside our front door?
I had to go out yesterday as my 2 year old has a fever and I stupidly had let us run out of nurofen, our calpol was low too and luckily our local chemist had a decent supply so was easy to get. I’m glad that some supermarkets are putting in restrictions on number of items per customer as I feel for the elderly/more vulnerable who don’t have the means to travel to 3 different shops to get what they need.
I’m sure I read somewhere (but can’t remember where now) that home delivery services where carry bags now so delivery’s could be left on the front door if anyone self isolating

I know it’s frustrating seeing items being out of stock, I was one of those when I seen there was no hand wash because I genuinely do wash my hands all the time. However has no one stopped to think it’s not all stock pilling? It only takes a big crowd grabbing 1-2 items each to clear a shelf, before we know it it’s all gone. Given the current situation you can’t grumble at someone buying say 2 hand washes for example. I know someone who works in a supermarket and they said it’s the Chinese bulk buying more than anyone else..

I imagine the supermarkets will keep restocking. They’re not going to miss a chance to make a buck.

In Scotland ibuprofen and paracetamol will be available through the minor ailments scheme for anyone desperate. I’m not sure how it works in the rest of the UK.

Has everyone seen the footage of the toilet roll stampede in Sydney being circulated on FB just now? Crazy.

Reactions: 1
Gosh just gone to book a Tesco delivery and there are zero slots available until next Wednesday 😭 duck this 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
All

All supermarkets are the same at the min. Theres either no slots or no stock!
Tesco seem to be struggling but got one on Asda for Saturday. Wonder what I’ll get delivered compared to what I ordered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sainsbury’s shop coming today and no subs apart from a different flavour pasta sauce, toilet roll coming the lot and not because I’m stockpiling because we need it.

So does the delay phase mean everyone works from home? Surely not surely some businesses will have to go along as usual?

Went to four supermarkets yesterday to get baby milk. Needed up buying it from the local corner shop for £12 😒 (its normally on offer two for £15).
Now this has made me made me more concerned. I can live with out toilet roll on pasta but will massively struggle with out baby milk!!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hasn’t even crossed my mind but everywhere I go I see people with arms full of bog roll. Why? Do you get chronic shits with corona or something!?

• Haha
Hasn’t even crossed my mind but everywhere I go I see people with arms full of bog roll. Why? Do you get chronic shits with corona or something!?
I've brought extra incase we have to stay home, my kids seem to use loads 🤣

I don't have loads just brought a bigger pack than usual

My sister....

“if you’re going to Tesco on the way home I could grab some nappies but if we’re talking essentials get wine, it’s on offer.....

58AC2A3C-05FF-4F8F-939F-4760B74E0C10.jpeg

• Haha
We’re supposed to be flying to Bali in 3 weeks!! At this rate looks like we won’t be going. Luckily our airline is allowing flights to be rearranged for a later date with no fee

• Sad