Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and my partner have been been buying a little extra dry and tinned good for a couple of weeks now and have made sure we have 2 weeks worth of any food/milk our 1 year old needs Just in case they do a lockdown, we also stocked up on hand sanitizer at the beginning of feb.

Ive stopped taking my son to soft play and swimming mainly because I’m pregnant and I’m not 100% if I’m more at risk or not of catching it or how badly it could effect me. I’m defiantly a lot more anxious than I’ve ever been and even taking my son to the park makes me worry now.

Reactions: 3
I have done my usual shop plus enough non perishable stuff to last a good few weeks. Today I stocked up on toiletries and medicine. Have been adding loo roll and tins, pasta etc to my trolley for the last few shops and now have a good supply.

We are meant to be going abroad for Easter and are just playing it by ear at the moment. It's a waiting game I guess.

Reactions: 4
Ive stopped taking my son to soft play and swimming mainly because I’m pregnant and I’m not 100% if I’m more at risk or not of catching it or how badly it could effect me. I’m defiantly a lot more anxious than I’ve ever been and even taking my son to the park makes me worry now.
Oh, this is the kinda stuff I’m wondering about,
I mean who doesn’t have 83 toilet rolls in the toilet roll wardrobe (I’m fine stop shouting at me!!!🤣🤣)

but I know a woman have kept her kid out of montessori this week (mainly because there is chicken pox going around to be fair) when your paying for the week in montessori, yet keeping you kid at home, that’s an expensive decision!
And how long can you make that choice.
i also don’t think there are as many soft play parties lately, and I don’t think I’d bring a kid if there was 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm supposed to be going to a wedding in Italy in May, the bride and groom are just in talks with the venue and wedding planners to see what will happen if they cancel.

I've been waiting for the decorator to come and sort out my lounge for me for a while now. He's in Italy and due back this weekend, I don't want him to come now😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Anyone else not really stocked up on anything? 😂 Now I’m stressing, you are all prepared for crazy stuff to happen. I’m in Scotland and today there were signs outside shops saying ‘Sorry, we don’t have any antibacterial hand gel/sanitiser left’. I already had several bottles at home so I’m covered for that. Maybe I should start? 😂

Reactions: 9
I'm supposed to be going to a wedding in Italy in May, the bride and groom are just in talks with the venue and wedding planners to see what will happen if they cancel.
I saw a similar story earlier!!! I think it was an April wedding so not much time to decide what theyll do. and i don’t think I’d be excited to be going as a guest 😂
Must be heartbreaking 🙁

I saw a similar story earlier!!! I think it was an April wedding so not much time to decide what theyll do. and i don’t think I’d be excited to be going as a guest 😂
Must be heartbreaking 🙁
I know😕. It was on Lake Como too and I was secretly hoping I might bump into George Clooney😂😂. Joking aside, I'm gutted for them😕.

Reactions: 6
No, I haven't changed anything. I haven't bought any extras and I don't intend to, I can't see the point. Although I did buy plenty of my favourite chocolate yesterday!

Reactions: 13
I’m going to stock up on blissed candles and hope for the best 🙏

Reactions: 1
Oh, this is the kinda stuff I’m wondering about,
I mean who doesn’t have 83 toilet rolls in the toilet roll wardrobe (I’m fine stop shouting at me!!!🤣🤣)

but I know a woman have kept her kid out of montessori this week (mainly because there is chicken pox going around to be fair) when your paying for the week in montessori, yet keeping you kid at home, that’s an expensive decision!
And how long can you make that choice.
i also don’t think there are as many soft play parties lately, and I don’t think I’d bring a kid if there was 😂
Christ if you are gonna catch it, it’s gonna be at soft play 🤢 disgusting places.

• Sick
  • Haha

Yel

I'm on the verge of getting a chest freezer, I don't really bhave room for it but I really want one for veggies and fruit 😐

Didn't take a flybe flight last weekend just incase I got stuck, which wasn't a bad move seeing as they collapsed shortly after I was due to fly back.

Don't tell anyone but I've quietly thought it might help me lose those last few kgs, but no more 😬

• Haha
I was going to buy a couple of tickets to a concert but when they said don't go to concerts etc I changed my mind. 😊

Yel

I bought a kg of olive oil soap years ago and still loads left! I refuse to get liquid hand wash with all that plastic and how easy it is to use loads!

Reactions: 2
same here. It’s not the apocalypse.

😂 I was thinking this! maybe people clearing the shelves should have a think about it this way.
you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink...

Therefore,

you can hand a scank the palmolive* but if the scank isn’t gonna use it, keep it for yourself 😎

*other brands are available. Not spon

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Everyone’s realises we’re not entering an apocalypse right?😂😬. I’m just sat at home with limited food in my cupboards and 2 rolls of toilet roll left counting down the days until my long haul holiday praying it doesn’t get bloody cancelled!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Can I ask why people are stock piling loo roll? Is it a fear of it running out in stores? Because we all know this virus doesn’t make you tit loads. I don’t quite understand the obsession with having lots of loo roll 😂

Everyone’s realises we’re not entering an apocalypse right?😂😬. I’m just sat at home with limited food in my cupboards and 2 rolls of toilet roll left counting down the days until my long haul holiday praying it doesn’t get bloody cancelled!!!
Aw I hope you get to have your holiday! Where you going?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can I ask why people are stock piling loo roll? Is it a fear of it running out in stores? Because we all know this virus doesn’t make you tit loads. I don’t quite understand the obsession with having lots of loo roll 😂

Aw I hope you get to have your holiday! Where you going?
I hope so too!! USA, but we’re doing a multi destination trip with a few internal flight so this bloody virus could make the trip a nightmare!