Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d be interested in some kind of poll on this - how many people know people who actually have it. I have a few friends of friends or work acquaintances who have said that they feel like they may have had it but now feel fine (and obviously felt flu-like symptoms) but it all seems to be far removed.
Agree re using the smaller shops, greengrocers, butchers. Also, maybe eat less and think outside the box to cook recipes with food you don’t often buy? I’ve been going through our freezer stocks slowly and making batch cooked casseroles and curries etc. People should think outside the box a little more if you have the means and the brains!
someone in my office was confirmed as having it. We had an email sent around this morning and now we are all to work from home.

Reactions: 1
Coronavirus made me selfish...?

I am that bloody tired and drained from all this i am using my day off tomorrow to just sleep and be on my own. I usually spend my days off with my mum who is in her 70's but i am staying home as she is self isolating under government advice. If i go i would have to take 2 buses as i dont drive but i dont want to risk it. Yes i do bus it to work but i dont want to make extra journeys unless i can help it. But then that makes me feel selfish leaving my mum on her own....but she needs to stay in for her own safety and if i visited and have the virus but didnt realise and then she became sick i would never forgive myself EVER.....but then shes on her own.....but i cant afford to get sick......I am exhausted though and i feel selfish for thinking of myself!!!

Sorry if not making sense 😪😪😪😟😟🤪🤪😕😕
Sure she will understand you have a day off sounds like you need and deserve it x

So the plan this year was to get new windows and doors and new kitchen.
But now? Everything is do uncertain, and how much longer will builders and others be able to continue?
I just don't know, not helped by hubby saying we should go ahead and get someone round for a quote?
Considering all the government are offering the self employed is £94 per week, you will probably find the tradesmen eager to work (provided we aren’t in lockdown).

I'm thinking of buying a cross trainer.

Was goIng to buy a 300 one but this one is a bike and X trainer in one and only 99 but is one of the highest rated at 4.4. is this too good to be true?

I don’t have that but I’ve had an Opti bike, treadmill and weights and they’ve all worked perfectly well, so from experience, I’d say it’s a good brand 😊

Was goIng to buy a 300 one but this one is a bike and X trainer in one and only 99 but is one of the highest rated at 4.4. is this too good to be true?

just gonna day I’ve had number of these cheaper ones over the years and the seats are ridiculously uncomfortable!! To the point where they ended up just sitting in the spare room and eventually being taken to charity. Just my experience. they can also be very loud and squeaky sometimes

someone in my office was confirmed as having it. We had an email sent around this morning and now we are all to work from home.
do you know how poorly they are? Have they been hospitalised? I wish the government would share some figures , it would be good to know the number who have recovered. I wish you good health

Reactions: 2
I don’t have that but I’ve had an Opti bike, treadmill and weights and they’ve all worked perfectly well, so from experience, I’d say it’s a good brand 😊
Ah thanks that's good to know, I've got low expectations from a cheaper brand, but it must last a year.

just gonna day I’ve had number of these cheaper ones over the years and the seats are ridiculously uncomfortable!! To the point where they ended up just sitting in the spare room and eventually being taken to charity. Just my experience. they can also be very loud and squeaky sometimes
Yeah I'm not imagining it to be amazing and quote noisy and wobbly. I can't decide between 100-300 ones and I looked up how much the technogym ones that the gym have and they're 11.5k😆. So I won't be getting one of those. I imagine the Argos ones are all of similar quality. To be honest it'll be for 10 mins bursts daily so maybe it'll be ok 🤷‍♀️ don't want to be wasteful but can't spend much either

do you know how poorly they are? Have they been hospitalised? I wish the government would share some figures , it would be good to know the number who have recovered. I wish you good health
All they told us was that they were ok but quite poorly and at home now. I would imagine to be tested they would’ve had to have been pretty poorly. Really hitting home how scary this all is now.

Everything has changed for us this week. My daughter is only 16 months old so doesn’t understand why but she’s definitely noticed. Baby groups all cancelled, no meeting up with friends, no going to the library, no appointments (we tend to have a lot). Her dad works away and it looks unlikely that he’ll be able to visit within the next few months which is upsetting for everyone

One little thing that I’ll find difficult is not being able to go out for breakfast. We don’t have much money so it’s a small weekly treat to get a £6 breakfast on a Sunday. My daughter loves people watching and trying to get attention from strangers while eating her toast, so it makes me sad to think this won’t be happening for months

She’s a very sociable child so this week has been hard and it’s a struggle to imagine it going on and on. I do worry about the effect it may have on her as she’s so young

• Heart
I was in the process of setting up a candle and home fragrance company to sell at local craft fairs - tea lights, wax melts etc. Have literally spent weeks making stock, have designed logos and got all the legal compliance in place, all I need now is insurance.

But it's all gone tits up for now. Might look at selling online, maybe. At least I still have my actual job (for now) but this had turned into quite a passion.

Saying that, I've still spent hours today making stock and boxing/labelling - it's keeping me calm right now.

So the plan this year was to get new windows and doors and new kitchen.
But now? Everything is do uncertain, and how much longer will builders and others be able to continue?
I just don't know, not helped by hubby saying we should go ahead and get someone round for a quote?
We're getting our floor fitted much sooner, because our contractor got loads of cancellations. It has to be done plus he needs money too.

I've been meaning to get one. I wouldn't buy the cheapest one.

No, and I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has it!

Please remember to try your small local ‘corner shop’ or Spar etc rather than the big supermarkets. My local Spar was fully stocked with absolutely everything. It may cost a bit more but at least it’s stress free! The only thing they didn’t have was hand sanitizer but I think we can forget finding any of that for a long time!
I actually saw loads of hand sanitiser in a local shop. 6 quid for a small bottle

Sports direct have no cross trainers in stock. I carefully researched one bought it only to get a cancellation email 10 minutes later.

Bought two more then they were each cancelled.

Ended up panic buying one from eBay for 330 😬. That's what I'd spend for the whole gym, classes, sauna and pool for 9 months. So I've probably single handedly ended this pandemics and I'll be left with a stupidly expensive clothes hanger 🤪

• Haha
I desperately need to get a face moisturiser ive completely run out and the one I use is on offer in Superdrug. Their delivery times are so slow now with all this. I feel really nervous about going in the shop, I feel like people will judge what you buy now. To me it’s an essential though, probably not to other people but I do suffer with my skin. I feel like I need to buy something else with it to make it look like I really needed it. Weird huh. This is just causing stupid anxiety for things you wouldn’t think twice about.

Second thoughts I don’t think I’m going to go the anxiety will kill me and maybe I’ll just try ordering

Last edited:
Since I’ll be indoors a lot more, I’ve bought a set of weights to exercise with from Amazon. When I went to order, it said ‘in stock 3 April’ and I thought that’s okay. Then after I ordered it told me to expect my items on 7 May (this was on Prime)!

Not complaining because there’s so much more important things, just genuinely shocked that it’s expected to take 6 weeks

The real kicker is that I planned to buy weights way before this all happened. I used to be a bit of a compulsive shopper so now I try putting buying things off to make sure I really want them. At least I’ll really value them when they finally arrive 🤣

Everything has changed for us this week. My daughter is only 16 months old so doesn’t understand why but she’s definitely noticed. Baby groups all cancelled, no meeting up with friends, no going to the library, no appointments (we tend to have a lot). Her dad works away and it looks unlikely that he’ll be able to visit within the next few months which is upsetting for everyone

One little thing that I’ll find difficult is not being able to go out for breakfast. We don’t have much money so it’s a small weekly treat to get a £6 breakfast on a Sunday. My daughter loves people watching and trying to get attention from strangers while eating her toast, so it makes me sad to think this won’t be happening for months

She’s a very sociable child so this week has been hard and it’s a struggle to imagine it going on and on. I do worry about the effect it may have on her as she’s so young
I think it’s better for you that she is so young. I have a 10 year old that has had to give up all of these things and it’s a struggle for her.

Reactions: 3