Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Juliet

Chatty Member
I cancelled my diet. I figure the more layers of fat I have the better, should I have to quarantine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117

SarahGard83

VIP Member
For all those that feel it's necessary to stock pile please think of those that are vulnerable and and at risk. I'm a chemo patient and am unable to get hand sanitizer because of idiots buying stupid amounts. Buy what you need by all means but leave some for the rest of us! The world isn't ending

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Cao97x

Chatty Member
I have been ill the last week and I must have gotten through at least an entire loo roll each day just from sneezing and blowing my nose.

I think stocking up on loo roll is essential if you’re potentially being locked down I don’t get why people are shocked at this.
There’s a difference between stocking up for 2 weeks and buying unnecessary amounts. It’s selfish and inconsiderate.

Reactions: 22

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Everyone’s realises we’re not entering an apocalypse right?😂😬. I’m just sat at home with limited food in my cupboards and 2 rolls of toilet roll left counting down the days until my long haul holiday praying it doesn’t get bloody cancelled!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m immunosuppressed following a double lung transplant. To be honest I’m getting irritated by people buying huge amounts of stuff making supplies run out. My local supermarket has completely run out of soap now. Please think of others before throwing every item you can grab into your trolley, as you’re affecting those who are very vulnerable to this. Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 18

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Have filled the freezer And bought extra loo roll.

Not sure why I have bought extra loo roll but everyone else is so joined in the fun!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

blahblahbegsomemoreblah

In case they have to quarantine themselves for 2+ weeks, so they have food and toilet paper. I am not sure what is hard to grasp. Haha.
But there seem to be some people who are going WAY overboard with it- I saw someone walking out of Poundstretcher with 8 packs of 16 toilet rolls yesterday- who needs 128 toilet rolls in 2 weeks?! I also think it was irresponsible of Poundstretcher to let that happen!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My friend who works in Sainsbury’s has had shopping thrown at her face because the customer objected to the restrictions. Sorry if I already mentioned that up thread. She is the loveliest, hard working person and a grandmother. The supermarkets should give these morons a lifetime ban from their stores.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

Mammyontheedge

It is 0really making me question society at the moment. Seeing people stock pile and having an "I'm alright jack" attitude, and putting vulnerable groups even more at risk of not being able to purchase essentials. Social media has played a massive role in the whole hysteria going about at the moment. Going back to other 'crisis' swine flu, mad cow etc social media wasn't as widely used. Really do think government needs to release some clear/precise advice/updates before things escalate quickly

Reactions: 16

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I did a stock take of my house and have accumulated ten bottles of bleach, umpteen hand washes, seven bags of pasta, pasta sauces, plenty of couscous, eight tins of beans, fifteen packs of baby wipes, 300 nappies. I think we are ready for lock down.
This is what happens when you don’t check what you’ve got before doing a shop 🤦‍♀️

in terms of changing my everyday habits, I am due to go away soon and considering cancelling. I was supposed to go to the health centre for a routine check, which I cancelled. I won’t use a trolly in the supermarket. I buy a lot of stuff online, but have cut back. I cancelled my salon appointment for next week. I don’t want to spend money if we have to be off and need to pay the mortgage.
this sounds like an episode of “ready steady cook“ 🤪
I'm assuming someone remembers ready steady cook 😆😆😆

• Haha
at some point, are these people going to have enough toilet paper so the rest of us can just get a normal four-pack like usual?
eventually, they’re going to be barricaded in when a wall of Andrex comes tumbling down on top of them at home, right?

• Haha

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I have been ill the last week and I must have gotten through at least an entire loo roll each day just from sneezing and blowing my nose.

I think stocking up on loo roll is essential if you’re potentially being locked down I don’t get why people are shocked at this.
I suffer with IBS and if I suffer a bad episode I can go through a double size loo roll in a morning. It's hideous, painful and debilitating and I would be sunk without loo roll. I've been sat on the loo in tears with the pain and the thought I could run out of loo roll because of selfish idiots stockpiling it when it's not necessary is upsetting. Personally I think it should be rationed if people can't behave sensibly.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

cushtybert

VIP Member
I’ve bought extra paracetamol, sweets and lucazade. Clearly sugar will get me through this 😂

• Haha

patsy_stone

In my 14 years of working in retail, what I experienced yesterday was like nothing I've ever seen before. I work for Morrisons, we've had a pretty good stock of things like toilet roll and bleach since the limits were put into place last week, but hand sanitiser/soap and pasta...that was another story. Literally every single till was open, people's trollies piled high...it was like Christmas, only way worse. I tried to do my weekly shop as I'd been paid, the glares I experienced from people for daring to have toilet roll and gluten free pasta in my trolley...my goodness. The home delivery pickers had to contend with people taking things out of their delivery totes when their backs were turned. I'm just waiting for it to turn physical...it's only a matter of time. before it does 😩

• Sad
  • Wow

Notfazed

My son has autism so I've stocked up on the very limited foods he eats.
Our local supermarket is out of hand wash, anti bac and toilet roll. We don't even have a case in our county.

Reactions: 14

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I’m genuinely baffled as to what people are buying more toilet roll for? Medicines and soap I do understand (although I don’t agree with it), but how the hell is toilet roll going to help coronavirus? Same with pasta/rice?
In case they have to quarantine themselves for 2+ weeks, so they have food and toilet paper. I am not sure what is hard to grasp. Haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 14